EdibleGasMask

EdibleGasMask

Jan 30, 2020
For just a generalization I'll say "pro lifers" though I do mean friends and family telling me to think of these fake thoughts to tell myself. Like for example "You're beautiful" or even shit like "I love myself" there are more examples but I disregard the "advice" so often because its never worked. My brain isn't convinced of these fake thoughts like I can disprove them in my head. Do people really say this to themselves? Like if it was that easy to accept and love myself just by saying it wouldn't everyone be doing that?

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Blondi, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
The people who non ironically say that kind of shit to themselves usually barely manage to get a fake image of self confidence and it immediatly falls appart the second they face anything bad whatsoever.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, FuneralCry, Dead Meat and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I see, the typical "fake it until you make it" system.
It's a shame but most normal people love telling stuff like that.

Anyway, I gotta pretend during the week because otherwise, I couldn't even work!

Hope things get better somehow, bro.

Hugs!

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Dead Meat and EdibleGasMask
saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
You're better off venting by being even more negative imo. I can't fake positivety either, there's no fooling me.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, not-2-b-the-answer, Dead Meat and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Whenever people say that kind of thing to me, I feel automatically worse. Pro life type of people are just annoyances, they think most problems can be fixed by being positive. They are really just ignorant to true suffering.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, EdibleGasMask and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
For just a generalization I'll say "pro lifers" though I do mean friends and family telling me to think of these fake thoughts to tell myself. Like for example "You're beautiful" or even shit like "I love myself" there are more examples but I disregard the "advice" so often because its never worked. My brain isn't convinced of these fake thoughts like I can disprove them in my head. Do people really say this to themselves? Like if it was that easy to accept and love myself just by saying it wouldn't everyone be doing that?
I tried that ... Didn't work!!!
I see, the typical "fake it until you make it" system.
It's a shame but most normal people love telling stuff like that.

Anyway, I gotta pretend during the week because otherwise, I couldn't even work!

Hope things get better somehow, bro.

Hugs!
My system is Fake It Til I Exit :heart::devil::heart::devil:

Last edited:
Reactions: EdibleGasMask
LakatosDiogenesz

LakatosDiogenesz

I can tie a noose with my eyes closed
Nov 21, 2020
This advice implies that life sucks so much that the only way to like it is to be delusional (which is pretty close to the truth in my opinion).

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, demuic, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
What if you tried thinking things that are more realistic, but still kinder to yourself than what typically goes through your head? Like instead of "I am a worthless piece of shit," you could focus on thinking "I'm no better or worse than anybody else." (Of course it's possible that everyone is a worthless piece of shit, but even if that's true, you don't have to hate on yourself for being exceptionally bad.)

I'm not claiming that having neutral thoughts about yourself instead of hateful ones will magically "fix" everything. Maybe you can eventually take self-hate off the list of things that make you want to die, though.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and EdibleGasMask