I

itgetsworseandworse

Sep 20, 2024
I don't understand how I manage to fall for the illusion of getting better every time. I am tired of the endless loop of despair and joy and then even deeper despair. The peaks get lower and lower and yet whenever the slope tilts upwards I fool myself thinking I'm all better now.

And I know, that although this is clear to me now, if in a month or too things get slightly better, I'll believe the lie yet again.

I really don't want this cycle to continue. If I wasn't indebted to so many people, I'd quit it now. But for now, all I have is dreaming of the moment after which I'll no longer hurt ever again.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, vampire2002, MrSuicide and 2 others
AwakeTooLong

AwakeTooLong

Ascend or death
Mar 4, 2024
I've been going through this for the past couple years, there's really no getting better for me personally and I've finally accepted it and plan on ctb in a little over a week tops

Reactions: MrSuicide
skyflame

skyflame

Oct 1, 2024
It's the same for me :( and the high points / good times aren't actually you being happy or enjoying life like everyone else, it just means you got out of the despair for a brief moment. I find myself thinking "is all the pain worth it?"

Reactions: MrSuicide
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
Life is just an endless spiral of problems, nothing else.

Reactions: Hollowman, divinemistress36 and MrSuicide
SoulCage

SoulCage

Dec 28, 2023
Yes, exactly the same for me. That's why I decided to give myself a chance only one last time. I have set a deadline and I won't try anymore if it doesn't get better by then. Enough is enough.

• Hugs
Reactions: nihilistic_dragon