V

V0latile

And God decreed, “Coronavirus spread forth!”
Sep 24, 2019
Why can't they let people be serious or gloomy or however they are for fuck sake?

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow and OreoWellington
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I totally agree. I know it sounds strange, but sometimes I'm just too tired to pretend I'm happy, which if I'm ever happy that's usually what I'm doing is pretending I'm happy for the benefit of other people and not because I really am. But sometimes I just want to be in a bad mood and I want to be left alone. You always have people coming around telling you to "Cheer up" & "Turn that frown upside"
And it's particularly annoying in the morning because I am not a morning person.
Before I've had my coffee I don't want anyone saying a word to me. I hate people who are cheerful in the morning.

Reactions: Fragile
Chlo

Chlo

Experienced
Feb 17, 2019
I don't think most are intentionally trying to "infect" us, just like most sad people aren't trying to suck other people into their misery. Even if there is that saying..

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Just so u would say this lol!

sad_frog

sad_frog

May 21, 2019
Because it makes them feel uncomfortable to see other people not in the same state of mind. "Why are they upset? Am I doing something wrong? Should I be upset too?" We are social creatures and our emotions can be greatly affected by the people around us. Those people are forced to look at the reality of a situation when they would rather not. It's a lot easier to tell a depressed person to "get over it" than to accept that there is something wrong and there is no simple fix.

Reactions: Ness, MourningHeart and BlueWidow