Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I've encountered that from people before. It's infuriating.

Reactions: Trannydiary, Élégie, Heartaches and 2 others
yabuki77

yabuki77

And then, all that remains is pure white ash.
Apr 29, 2022
A lot of people have shitty generalizations for people who aren't "normal" because they're ignorant. Just ignore them.

Reactions: Trannydiary, Heartaches, waitingforrest and 2 others
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
BS societal propaganda (particularly from the psychiatric system that's toxic AF, but so is the system as a whole), ignorance, fear, disconnection... We need to find a simple way to explain how that's nonsense and untrue...

Reactions: Élégie and Heartaches
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
The only ones that should be looked at as freaks are the child abusers.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Fragile, Heartaches and 2 others
d33per

d33per

Apr 30, 2022
I think there are many things at play here.

First and foremost it's "Ignorance" in the farthest sense of the meaning here.
They just don't know how to deal with something like rape and violence and so forth, even more so when inflicted on children - and maybe to a degree that's understandable - more or less.

What's less understandable, and this is also big chunk of it all, I suppose, is that people would have to acknowledge that their own life has been far better from the very start - because these horrible things did not happen to them.
In acknowledging that life is just not fair, especially when children art hurt and abused, they would have to acknowledge as well, that it's not completely easy or even possible to be "a normal, productive member of society" (and from their perspective, that is what they are due to their own "hard work"...). And this of course is a garbage attitude.

This whole train of thought reminds of the fact, that people use "victim" these days rather often as an insult.
As if it's your fault to be a victim. The very definition of the word contradicts that. There may even be a part of the population that conflates weakness with victim-hood in general. This is and would be indeed infuriating and grotesquely moronic.

Reactions: Élégie, Heartaches, Marine and 1 other person
Heartaches

Heartaches

Apologizing for my life and ever entering yours
May 6, 2021
I think it could have something to do with people not understanding the severe repercussions a CA victim can suffer from the rest of their life and that recovery is not a linear progress, rather, it's very messy and a lot of times uncomfortable, something not a lot of people have the patience or mental fortitude to deal with. This wouldn't be bad by itself, but turning it into awful and unsympathetic pictures of victims is problematic.

Another reason could be revictimization and justification for the abusers. It is expected for victims to forgive their abusers and "let it go", but not for abusers to reflect on their actions, genuinely change and apologize; not to mention that victims' concerns tend to be minimized, but when they start showing "bad" behaviors as a consequence of their abuse, then the victim is "overexaggerating" and being a "nuisance". We have a generally incompetent and apathetic culture towards victim of childhood abuse, we're not taught to put ourselves in their shoes and prefer to just shun them, expecting the problem to solve by itself. It's disgusting, honestly, and even worse when the abuser gets out scott-free like nothing ever happened.

No justice, no closure.​

Reactions: Élégie, Rogue Proxy and motel rooms
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I'd just like to repeat that the vast majority of boys who experience childhood sexual abuse do NOT go on to sexually abuse anyone. Way too many people still believe that a lot of us become pedophiles, which really pisses me off.

Reactions: Fragile