wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Mage
Oct 14, 2023
I don't understand why my consciousness is tied to THIS particular brain?
I don't know how to word it

• Love
Reactions: Jarni, alienfreak, sevennn and 3 others
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
Because it's connected to your central nervous system

sevennn

sevennn

Arcanist
Sep 11, 2024
yeah. i thought of this. like why am i aware in this body. idk how to word it either. but i get exactly what you mean. i think I am not a character or a personality but this state of awareness. so why do I have to be aware at all? why isn't this body occupied by someone else?

Reactions: Jarni
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
Because of chance. Pure luck or misfortune who you end up being in this world, with random chances of how a particul consciousness and and a particular brain come together. (As far as I'm concerned) There's a lot of chaos in life. And a lot of why's don't really an answer. That's just my take on this. Is this what you were wondering about?

Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
It's m'y favorite question :) And it makes me think that smth like this could be repeated. Not reincarnation, but this.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Your consciousness comes from that particular brain..

pyx

pyx

Mage
Jun 5, 2024
don't know, seems like a pseudoquestion. your consciousness is an emergent property of your brain, probably. the fact of 'thisness' which arises from qualia and extends to the 'thisness' of your own mind seems like an elaborate, egoistic construction which comes from misrepresentation of how your mind operates (like a black box, but a lot more complicated since the simpler reduction implies one-sided physicalism i.e physical events spur mental events and nothing more)

G

G50

Jun 28, 2023

If you watch near-death experience videos on YouTube (which are the mental experiences of people who died but were later resuscitated), a recurring theme in these videos is that the consciousness which was attached to a particular person becomes liberated, and then becomes far greater in scope, encompassing the whole of the cosmos. A condition of deep bliss, and feeling of being totally at home, is reported in this state of cosmic consciousness. These people having a NDE report that they did not want to go back to being a person. However, because they were resuscitated, their consciousness lost its cosmic dimension, and was narrowed down again to being the limited consciousness of a particular human being.

Last edited: