Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
It was fine to add strangers on MySpace, and I got to know a lot of people that way. Facebook is just about adding people you already know. It's fucking bullshit.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up, Isadeth, shush and 1 other person
reasonabledoubt

reasonabledoubt

Mar 11, 2020
Maybe it's because the user will be more likely coming back (or feel already connected with this place just because they found for example Tobey their first love on it) when they associat a platform with all the nice and warm feelings we originally feel towards a specific group of people.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
you can add strangers on FB too but it's harder, My space is still there but its all about music now, I miss the doing your own profile etc. I wonder what will be next after facebook

Reactions: Isadeth
I

IWantToSleep

Experienced
Dec 27, 2020
I never used social media really, so I don't know, I never really understood it.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I never liked MySpace only because you had to be a wizard at coding to make your page look good. I think Facebook has become pretty garbage since even on pages that share funny memes, the only comments are all people tagging their friends to show them the picture (why can't you just pm them?). Twitter is actually a pretty good site for meeting likeminded strangers and I really like how casual it is but the main problem is most of the people there are really idiotic there and it amplifies echo chambers despite being freely available to the public. Guess there's really no winning with social media.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I never liked MySpace only because you had to be a wizard at coding to make your page look good. I think Facebook has become pretty garbage since even on pages that share funny memes, the only comments are all people tagging their friends to show them the picture (why can't you just pm them?). Twitter is actually a pretty good site for meeting likeminded strangers and I really like how casual it is but the main problem is most of the people there are really idiotic there and it amplifies echo chambers despite being freely available to the public. Guess there's really no winning with social media.
MySpace coding wasn't hard. Anyway you could get templates from places like Pimpmypage.

Reactions: Isadeth and Dr Iron Arc
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
you can add strangers on FB too but it's harder, My space is still there but its all about music now, I miss the doing your own profile etc. I wonder what will be next after facebook
Except every track from original music MySpace database have been lost. Over 50,000,000 songs. Just gone :( ugh my heart still hurts over it.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Except every track from original music MySpace database have been lost. Over 50,000,000 songs. Just gone :( ugh my heart still hurts over it.
Oh shit. I'm not up to date on it now. Got annoyed when I discovered I could log into my old account but they had wiped all the old messages

• Wow
Reactions: Isadeth
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
It destroyed the randomness of the internet. That was what made it fun. Now it's just add who you already know and talk boring b/s with family members and old friends.... zzzzz....

Reactions: Kramer
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
It destroyed the randomness of the internet. That was what made it fun. Now it's just add who you already know and talk boring b/s with family members and old friends.... zzzzz....
The internet's glory days are over.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up