Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
It doesn't make sense why modern leaders would want their citizens to be miserable instead of happy and therefore more productive. Why add more people through illegal immigration when there aren't enough jobs to go around already?

Reactions: Yavannah
Float On Okay

Float On Okay

I won’t be okay.
May 13, 2020
What makes you think ancient rulers cared more for their people than modern leaders do?

Reactions: chocolatebar, UseItOrLoseIt, rationaltake and 1 other person
grendel4578

grendel4578

following the freezing moon
May 13, 2023
many ancient societies had human sacrifice through painful methods so i wouldn't completely say that, but i get what you mean, it seems like people are more miserable in modern times than any time and debilitating mental illnesses like all that i have appear to have become more common. i'd say that over the last 200 years there has been a switch from communitarianism --> hyperindividualism and selfishness, and a lot of people now only care about profits. however on the other hand....yeah....a lot of torture and insane claims and not really any decent medical practices back then. it's 50/50. a lot of religious nutjobbery back then but then again there still is, and in the USA and most middle eastern countries it's considered okay to do a religious ritual involving genital mutilation of men at birth, aka circumcision

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Suwa

Suwa

May 7, 2023
medieval rulers were literally the worst, I'm unsure what you're going on about. I'd say it hasn't changed.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
medieval rulers were literally the worst, I'm unsure what you're going on about. I'd say it hasn't changed.
Rulers of civilizations

Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Blud forgot Caligula and Tamerlane 💀💀💀

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Which ancient rulers? I wonder if it depends on how similar they were to the people they governed in terms of wealth and status. I imagine- the greater the divide- the less the rich people cared about the poor. The rich probably got that way by exploiting the poor!

Which civilizations do you think looked to be more fair? I'm curious... I think a lot of them had slaves! I doubt they got treated all that well.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Blud forgot Caligula and Tamerlane 💀💀💀
Caligula would strengthen the borders and tell other nations to fend for themselves.
Which ancient rulers? I wonder if it depends on how similar they were to the people they governed in terms of wealth and status. I imagine- the greater the divide- the less the rich people cared about the poor. The rich probably got that way by exploiting the poor!

Which civilizations do you think looked to be more fair? I'm curious... I think a lot of them had slaves! I doubt they got treated all that well.
Asian societies