Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
He doesn't like me and I don't like him, so why would he care? He wasn't virtue signaling. There was no one around to watch him do it.

By the way I didn't stay alive because of him. I only had suicidal thoughts.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Because society says "humans shouldn't die unless they're sick and very old" and we wanted to preserve his morals by behaving like that.
Maybe, deep in his heart he wanted you to die but he's the kind of guy who will never say it out loud because "suicide is wrong."

Reactions: misasendsherregards, spooky, ts0hill and 3 others
cii

cii

"Well, it's groundhog day. Again."
Oct 24, 2020
He was around to watch him do it. A lot of people help others to make themselves feel good- they feel like a good person for doing so. Perhaps he knew he wouldn't have been able to sleep at night knowing he didn't try to stop someone suicidal, especially if you ended up doing it. His feelings for you are irrelevant here, since you are a human being at the end of the day and he can't just let someone die.

So, he tried- not because he cared about you, but because he cared about himself. It's a very gross, egotistical thing to do, but a lot of people do it.

Reactions: LastFlowers and daddy Phil :)
E

EUQINiU

Oct 27, 2020
He doesn't like me and I don't like him, so why would he care? He wasn't virtue signaling. There was no one around to watch him do it.

By the way I didn't stay alive because of him. I only had suicidal thoughts.

If you kill yourself, whatever pain you're feeling would've been passed on to the relative, since you told the relative. When it comes down to blame, or guilt, people will avoid it at all costs.

Simply put: you dying before the relative means the relative has to deal with the misery.

Reactions: 262653 and elfgyoza
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
Yeah I think it's most likely because of everything said above. If you've never experienced being suicidal then you don't really know how to respond and a lot of people, whether they like you or not, will try to preserve all life at any cost. Guilt tripping is very selfish imo but I get why they say it, they don't know what else to say and they can only think of how it would effect themselves

E

EUQINiU

Oct 27, 2020
It doesn't matter where you go in the world, unless you're in the middle of nature, you'll be dealing with people. And even in the middle of nature, you'll just be standing on some person's nature. That said, people are everywhere, and with the exception of some outliers, people behave similarly. Take responsibility or "blame" as it's often referred to as:

One example:
Person A helps you re-build a car. Person A helps you put the components in, test, and maintain the vehicle. You then use this
to start a taxi business, that happens to take off and your life overall improves. You thank Person A for everything and let
Person A know they are in part responsible for your success. Person A says "You're welcome."
Person B decides not to help you build your car. Person B also kicks you out of Person B's home, reneges on promises to help
out entirely, and is generally a toxic person. Your life begins to fall apart with small breaks here and there but overall a
downward trajectory. You blame person B for everything and let Person B know they are in part responsible for your donwfall.
Person B says "Stop blaming others."

(rant)

If a person can get out of accepting blame for something, they will. Conversely, accepting responsibility for something great (i.e. praise) is met with minimal pushback. This may help to explain why you can see so many articles for suicide survivors saying things like "it's not your fault" or "no one is to blame" which is total bollocks. Even a recent court case established that a person can be held responsible for someone else's suicide. The degree to which one is responsible varies, but to flat out say no one is to blame is dishonest and the articles only milk to nurse a guilty conscience.

--end rant

The real reason is that naturally, no person wants to hold blame for something like a suicide. If they can keep you alive just long enough for them to see you not die (i.e. die before you or you die by some other unrelated cause) then that is what they will do.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Sounds very disrespectful to me. It's like saying: "See, I don't want you to do something you want to do, but I don't want to make sacrifices myself, so instead of offering a fair trade I'll use cheap manipulative tricks on you to convince you to yield your wants and desires in favor of mine, and I also think you're gullible enough to buy into my cheap tricks."

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Because society says "humans shouldn't die unless they're sick and very old" and we wanted to preserve his morals by behaving like that.
Maybe, deep in his heart he wanted you to die but he's the kind of guy who will never say it out loud because "suicide is wrong."
And yet he cheats on his wife. Some morality
If you kill yourself, whatever pain you're feeling would've been passed on to the relative, since you told the relative. When it comes down to blame, or guilt, people will avoid it at all costs.

Simply put: you dying before the relative means the relative has to deal with the misery.
We don't like each other though.

E

EUQINiU

Oct 27, 2020
And yet he cheats on his wife. Some morality

We don't like each other though.
Imagine it this way: we'll take you at your word and say your relative really does not like you. If you die, especially commit suicide, any harsh/negative feelings would be stuck with that relative. Think of it as if the relative would now have to host twice the amount of negative feelings but without you there to take it out on.