Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Am I the only one who feels this way?
It is like being in a horror movie with all the unimaginable bad things will happen to you concentrated.

Is it just survival instinct?

Last edited:
Reactions: TooConscious, sadghost, Crazy4u and 1 other person
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
It's the end of everything, all is lost. It's also the unknown so our imagination runs wild.

• Aww..
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, sadghost, fatefulstillness and 3 others
D&D

D&D

Write something, even if it’s just a suicide note.
Dec 3, 2021
Yes (in answer to your question).
Millenia of evolution ... add religion, ideology, indoctrination, stigma, fear of unknown, even linguistic connotation ... you got the picture.
There was, as I am sure you know, time in human history when death, even the 'dreaded death by suicide' was not as feared and/or stigmatized as it is today and has been in our modern, consumer world.
My personal view is that when humans are reduced to a 'consumer units' that need to 'consume' everything from social media content to 'necessary' meds and 'life-enhancing' products ... well, obviously there is no space/time for either death or old age. Geriatrics are too old and frail to participate in the endless produce-market-sell-consume-repeat cycle plus their upkeep is time consuming and costly. Dead of course are not present ... they are free.
Death is neither 'all the worst things ever combined' nor a romanticized notion ... just an ordinary part of being human. If only humans, or at least most, see it that way and give it the respect and dignity it deserves. Neither more nor less. Instead of the usual fear, hysterics and other assorted antics.

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, justsayin and Snake of Eden
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Fuck being a slave and staying here to the end. Yeah this type of thinking will definitely keep us here. All the unknowns and worries. I've been working extensively on overcoming these types of things for a long time. I think in time and with suffering it can be done but is definitely harder for some people.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, pthnrdnojvsc and Snake of Eden
rationaldeath

rationaldeath

Dec 10, 2021
I don't know what your beliefs are, but as an atheist I view virtually everything about us as the consequence of evolution. The only reason humans exist is because we and all our ancestors tended to survive long enough to reproduce. The conscious components of that tendency are the experience of fear/suffering and the urge to find a partner/have sex. Since the ultimate goal of fear is avoiding death it's easy to see why death is such a frightening concept. What helps me is to focus on the arbitrary nature of evolution and survival - we just happen to be programmed this way and there's no inherent "badness" of death, especially since there's no experience of suffering once your dead (which is usually what we expect from things we fear).

Reactions: motel rooms, markimobzzdeasui, justsayin and 2 others
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
I was thinking about this subject today. I feel down and I started working on more CTB details: I ordered my car covers (car is my CTB place), signed up for another gun training, found few gun stores, prepared a detailed care list for my dog, and found a couple of ctb locations.

I don't think my SI is strong but I suddenly have strong feelings about everything. It is like I lost everything. I'm anxious about the CTB preparation and the timelines. It is like I'm saying goodbye to everyone and everything on earth

• Hugs
Reactions: D&D and Foresight
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
The thing is that all our possibilities are closed upon death. We partly do it because all our possibility of suffering is ended, but we keep in mind that everything else is forfeited. I have to be at the point where the suffering far surpasses everything else that's being lost. It's subjective, so you can never tell someone else if they're there.

At that point all I feared was the method. I've experienced the difference between psychological hesitation and primal SI. I don't think SI is that strong, at least not mine. It's there, no doubt, but it's not insurmountable. From my experience, the real hesitation is in the grief of the loss of absolutely everything that is and might come. It's tragic, it's a loss. Sometimes it's what life comes to though. I'm always one step away from it. This is all my experience from long term suicidal ideation. I can't speak for anyone else on this.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: fatefulstillness, Crazy4u, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
I have been around Death most of my life. Either from friends or family dying, neighborhoods I have lived in, people I sometimes surrounded myself with or my own numerous very close calls with death. To me it's like an old familiar friend. Sometimes we sit down and have a drink and a laugh as we recount those times. And Death knows, one day soon most likely, we will have one last beautiful dance, but this time I will be whisked away to the peaceful slumbering void my soul craves oh so desperately.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Crazy4u, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, summers and 1 other person
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I have been around Death most of my life. Either from friends or family dying, neighborhoods I have lived in, people I sometimes surrounded myself with or my own numerous very close calls with death. To me it's like an old familiar friend. Sometimes we sit down and have a drink and a laugh as we recount those times. And Death knows, one day soon most likely, we will have one last beautiful dance, but this time I will be whisked away to the peaceful slumbering void my soul craves oh so desperately.
That sounds like it could have been the plot to Meet Joe Black...

ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Personally, I think the process of dying is the worst thing imaginable, but the state of death is greatest thing imaginable, however, death makes life meaningless.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Your post is no doubt open to interpretation but it resonates with myself in the sense I have fears of life being a trap and say for example I take the train, I immediately felt the impact of my skukk being obliterated but in micro speed and my emotions and pain senses amplified so I suffer that for as long until the creators get bored, then I get spawned back in to an even worse situation?
My thoughts literally run through every evil scenario all day every day. But never once have I had a glimmer of hope of anything good or kind. Because life has never shown me those things. All I know is horror.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
? (Never saw it. Not big on romance films)
Basically, Brad Pitt is Death/The Grim Reaper, but not a scary or imposing figure. He helps people accept it's their time to go.

Reactions: avoid_slow_death
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Basically, Brad Pitt is Death/The Grim Reaper, but not a scary or imposing figure. He helps people accept it's their time to go.
Ah. Nah, my life experience just conditioned me to not fear it. Not my place to help others with that. That's a very personal thing.

• Love
Reactions: Snake of Eden
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
That's what life feels like to me. Death is a relief by comparison.

• Love
Reactions: motel rooms, yive, Snake of Eden and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
We cannot know what death feels like as we are still alive, but I believe that once you die you cannot feel anything, as you will not exist anymore. I find death to be very comforting as it is the end of all suffering. I do not fear death but instead I fear life.