M

mojo916

May 11, 2022
Why does most of society not understand why people want to suicide?

Reactions: acerace
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Survivorship bias, lack of empathy, and an extreme pro-life bias forged through millions of years of evolution. You would think that suffering is a universal language, but no. Even on this site people get judged sometimes for having the "wrong" reasons.

JObNsKr.jpg

Reactions: VirtualSnow, heavyeyes and loopdaloop
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because so many humans are blinded by delusional beliefs, they lack awareness. But anyway no matter what other people think wanting suicide is always perfectly logical in this world, it's absurd to be anti-suicide as we are just waiting around to die anyway, there's no escaping death and to me it makes sense wanting to prevent decades of enduring this pointless existence where we can potentially suffer to extreme amounts. I could never understand what makes existing supposedly appealing, I always view it as being preferable to not exist.

Reactions: heavyeyes
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm not so sure it always is that they don't understand. I think perhaps most people could envisage having a chronic illness and being desperate to be free. I guess it's more of a jump for them to envisage someone finding life itself that painful. Still- I think more- they're focusing on the impact it has on those left behind- them potentially. I imagine they're thinking- I would never do that to the people in my life- therefore- you shouldn't either.

Of course- they likely haven't felt like this before- so- can't entirely empathise. If they have and they overcame it though- that gives them even more ammunition to say- so can you- type thing. I think many people think we 'owe' it to others- if not ourselves to stick around (and suffer.) They don't seem to see how selfish that actually is.

S

Someonewhotypes

Feb 15, 2021
as we don't understand society, neither society understands us. It's all about the point of view. Someone happy can't understand suicide and someone depressed can't understand society and its views (which is predominantly made of happy people)

L

lyfsoverrated

May 22, 2023
Right it's horrible how they can't relate. All has to do with quality of life and opportunities. At this point life feels like a second job, and I've been putting in overtime for 20 years.

SuicidalOrganism

SuicidalOrganism

Experienced
May 31, 2023
the average individual tends to believe what the herd believes too.

D

dernieresolution

Mar 19, 2023
Because most people aren't
A.) Suffering as intensely as we think
B.) As desperate/stubborn/or strong willed

A good professor of negocitation taught me how Airbus secured a big concession by letting a client ride in a simulated plane model accdg to their (shit) design. Fastest way to convince anyone.

Someone has to rly feel our pain to understand, but most don't. Suicide, most people hear if it from very tragic teenager incidents. A good chunk of the time, or all the time (so I've heard), these teens get better.

I haven't

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Why does most of society not understand why people want to suicide?
Some societies can, and do, understand. But western society has been damaged by the cancer of christianity, which has metastasized into every corner of our culture, and that's where western attitudes come from.