tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
This is in response to people who always push the "instead of doing drugs, exercise/go for a walk/read". This also applies to suicide; that we're suicidal because we are lazy and just need things to keep our mind occupied.

What irks me about this is that if someone was spending their day having sex, most people would say "that's not for me but I don't give a shit". You'd seldom hear "instead of wasting your time having sex, go read a book/exercise etc.."

I can't wrap my head around why many people feel the need to tell us how to enjoy ourselves.

Reactions: Morbid Cam, blueming, lv-gras and 6 others
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
Because they are afraid of what they do not understand.

Reactions: blueming, BangBangBang, lv-gras and 4 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Because they are afraid of what they do not understand.

Yes, and also don't forget that they are reluctant to understand as most people just don't even want to try to understand since to them it's easier to sweep it under the rug.

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, worldexploder and 1 other person
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
The majority wants you to be apart of the hive mind. Same with how you want to end your life. Society says no because they are addicted to life and they are afraid of their own mortality.

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and LivedTooLong
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I blame people having kids. If they weren't all breeding like rabbits they wouldn't care about others being wholesome, or maintaining their boring vanilla community, or holding good old conservative values or what have you.

What if nobody gaf anymore and we could just have the most awesome party for 50 years. Sterilize everyone, use up all the resources and live it up.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
This is in response to people who always push the "instead of doing drugs, exercise/go for a walk

People forget we are all in the process of dying. They think we should work hard to preserve our bodies.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018
What irks me about this is that if someone was spending their day having sex, most people would say "that's not for me but I don't give a shit". You'd seldom hear "instead of wasting your time having sex, go read a book/exercise etc.."

Actually people criticize people having sex too depending on the situation. If someone's spending their day having casual sex with multiple partners like swinging or with one night stands, or with prostitutes, then people will still criticize that. Now if they're just having sex with their significant other or their spouse, that's when people will leave them alone.

I don't know where you live, but outside of North America, people might even leave you alone for the previous examples I gave. But in North America, people are still very rigid and judgmental toward people who have any sex other than inside monogamous relationships.

Reactions: lv-gras and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals