TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I can listen to music, I can play games, I can play guitar, I can eat good food, I can drink beer. I can do fucking all of those but I still can't feel anything. Why? What do I need to do to get the chemicals in my brain to go around and make me happy? What are the requirements?

• Hugs
Reactions: Maka hiamoe, Valon, Circles and 4 others
L

Lostkitten1

Apr 28, 2020
I'll swap with you if you want? You feel nothing, I don't want to feel anything

• Hugs
Reactions: Valon and TheSoulless
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
either pain or numbness

• Hugs
B

Brackenshire

Arcanist
Feb 23, 2020
Bad depression for me..

• Hugs
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Depression can cause numbness. My instinct is to say keep doing your interests and put all your focus into the activity instead of how you feel or don't feel. Distraction and redirection help me a lot of the time.

Reactions: Sinkinshyp, Valon and TheSoulless
lunargreenx

lunargreenx

21 year old gay boy
Jun 16, 2020
Anhedonia is sometimes side-effect of some drugs. I had that from anti-depressants for a time, but thank god I don't use those but a different kind now. Or it could just be a symptom of your depression specifically. It depends on how severe it is.

Reactions: TheSoulless
voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
If you have depression it's anhedonia

Reactions: TheSoulless and lunargreenx
L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

only you can stop the evil
Sep 18, 2020
I usually smoke a cigarette and I can feel something, frustration.

• Hugs
Reactions: woxihuanni, TheSoulless, checkouttime and 1 other person
L

Lostkitten1

Apr 28, 2020
Better question: why do you want to feel?

lunargreenx

lunargreenx

21 year old gay boy
Jun 16, 2020

Because I wanna be an everyday boring person you meet on the metro with a life full of stereotypic emotions - I wanna be normal

Reactions: Maka hiamoe and _Minsk
L

Lostkitten1

Apr 28, 2020
Because I wanna be an everyday boring person you meet on the metro with a life full of stereotypic emotions - I wanna be normal
If it was as simple as that, I'd want to feel too

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: TheSoulless and lunargreenx
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

Jan 7, 2020
If I don't ever feel happy, there's no point in doing anything. I do feel angry and desperate sometimes, but not happy.

Reactions: Valon
lunargreenx

lunargreenx

21 year old gay boy
Jun 16, 2020
If I don't ever feel happy, there's no point in doing anything. I do feel angry and desperate sometimes, but not happy.

I lived 20 years and this year I had the first moment ever of feeling happy. It lasted only a short while and I regret it, because when my brain realized it was happy it didn't want to let go of that feeling. And when it was over I had one of the most depressive episodes of my life and had my first panic attack.

• Hugs
Reactions: Maka hiamoe and TheSoulless
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

Jan 7, 2020
I lived 20 years and this year I had the first moment ever of feeling happy. It lasted only a short while and I regret it, because when my brain realized it was happy it didn't want to let go of that feeling. And when it was over I had one of the most depressive episodes of my life and had my first panic attack.
That sounds awful, sorry to hear that.

Reactions: Maka hiamoe
lunargreenx

lunargreenx

21 year old gay boy
Jun 16, 2020
That sounds awful, sorry to hear that.

Yeah it's ok, I was just trying to share my exprience with you. It's one of my biggest fear of living. Even when people like us find happiness, will we ever be "normal"? Will we be able to enjoy that happiness? When I try to imagine experiencing everyday's people's feelings (in context of dating, living, friends) it's seems impossible I would be able to manage these problems on top of all that shit.

• Hugs
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I'm starting to feel that medication has caused this for me and I'm considering weening myself off of them. Sorry you can't find any enjoyment in anything, it's a horrible feeling. Can I ask, do you take any medication for your problems?

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

Jan 7, 2020
I'm starting to feel that medication has caused this for me and I'm considering weening myself off of them. Sorry you can't find any enjoyment in anything, it's a horrible feeling. Can I ask, do you take any medication for your problems?
No, I don't. I was on sertraline for a few months last year (or even 2018?). I took 25mg daily, which is obviously way too little and didn't have much of an effect. For one reason or another I'm really skeptical about medication.
Depression can cause numbness. My instinct is to say keep doing your interests and put all your focus into the activity instead of how you feel or don't feel. Distraction and redirection help me a lot of the time.
Thanks, it's worth a try.
Try weed, it may help
I would like to, but the glaring risks of its acquisition scare me.

Last edited: