• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I'm prochoice because I don't really see anything wrong with nonexistence. Pain is bad and pleasure is good. Nonexistent people feel no pain and they also do not feel deprived of pleasure/opportunity. Life is like a game with many lotteries that can be lost, there is nothing you lose by not playing. Regret, loss of opportunity, joy, and pain are all for existing people to feel. Since life is full of suffering and we never signed a contract to live no matter what, I see no need to live as long as our telomeres allow.

You can say a chemical imbalance is what causes suicide but I would not want to live if I was just a meat computer.

Reactions: Morbid Cam, Taylor, StillWaiting and 17 others
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
First, we should have autonomy over our own bodies. Second, I see no solid argument against an outright prohibition, and an argument for circumstances where suicide is in one's rational self-interest.

Reactions: StillWaiting, ForestLove, Final Escape and 10 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
We didn't ask to be born in this world. In my opinion if we don't want to stay in this world we should be allowed to leave because we shouldn't have to stay just to not hurt our family.

Reactions: Iceangel, StillWaiting, ForestLove and 10 others
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
We didn't ask to be born in this world. In my opinion if we don't want to stay in this world we should be allowed to leave because we shouldn't have to stay just to not hurt our family.

The get out of jail free card for pro lifers is rationality/mental illness. It is basically how they censor information on suicide and lock people away who plan to commit suicide.

Reactions: Morbid Cam, StillWaiting, ForestLove and 11 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
Same reason I'm pro choice with abortion. Who am I to tell people what to do with their bodies. They are the only people who have to deal with their problems.

Reactions: TheCrow, lemmeeleev, Edge and 7 others
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
No one ask for existence. It's really necessary.

Reactions: StillWaiting, ForestLove, Final Escape and 6 others
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
Fellow antinatalist by any chance?

Yes. And no.

I will not cause life to exist. Not from my body. I can't make people stop procreating.

I'm more concerned with the peaceful end of suffering for those that currently exist against their will.

Reactions: ForestLove, lemmeeleev, Weeping Garbage Can and 5 others
Its911

Its911

Sociopath
Feb 28, 2019
Im pro-choice as long as your not going to hurt anyone else if you CTB and by hurting i dont mean emotionally, (e. A mother that has an infant with her cant CTB because the infant will be left alone and might be in danger, however if she leaves the infant with someone else then fine)

Your life is yours to do with it as you please.

Reactions: lemmeeleev, Edge, Weeping Garbage Can and 3 others
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
Im pro-choice as long as your not going to hurt anyone else if you CTB and by hurting i dont mean emotionally, (e. A mother that has an infant with her cant CTB because the infant will be left alone and might be in danger, however if she leaves the infant with someone else then fine)

Your life is yours to do with it as you please.

The problem with that is people will just say you are not in your right mind and they should be able intervene because your non mentally ill self will be thankful that they did.

Reactions: lemmeeleev, Its911, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
The problem with that is people will just say you are not in your right mind and they should be able intervene because your non mentally ill self will be thankful that they did.
Randomly thinking of this... I really want a DNR but I'm pretty sure my recent depression diagnosis will fuck me over

Reactions: lemmeeleev, Its911, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
Randomly thinking of this... I really want a DNR but I'm pretty sure my recent depression diagnosis will fuck me over

It can if it is determined you were not in the right mind while making it. :(

Reactions: lemmeeleev, Weeping Garbage Can and Redt2go
Its911

Its911

Sociopath
Feb 28, 2019
People have a misconceptions of suicide because the dont feel how we feel... If they where in our skin for a month then they would also want to to CTB but since they arent struggling with mental illnesses or physical pain or great emotional pain for that matter they automatically asume we are crazy and are trying to find an easy way out. I invite them to lift my thoughts and pain from my body and mind and make it theirs since they are so right and true. Given time they will find themselfs here posting about their sorrows and pain, and not having a way out. Life is just a matter of perception, if you have never felt pain you cannot understand it. If you dont feel what i feel you cant understand me. Its that simple but to others its imposible to comprehend.

Reactions: ForestLove, lemmeeleev, Edge and 6 others
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Because I don't believe human beings belong to other people or the State. If I bought a precious piece of art, I could destroy it without consulting anyone else because it would be my property. Why should I have to consult any other human being if the thing I wish to destroy is me? I am my own property, not that of the US government and not that of any other individual.

Reactions: Amber1974, Taylor, Weeping Garbage Can and 4 others
S

ScarsAndStitches

Feb 26, 2019
I just believe that people should have the right to end things on their own terms if they desire to.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, StillWaiting, Redt2go and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'm for suicide with dignity for people who need this. I'm unsure about it being too easily available to just anybody like over the counter although maybe it should be. It might be the case that many people would find comfort in just having the access and never go through with it.

It would be upsetting to people if I explained why unrestricted abortion is bad for society or if u want a civilized society. The my body my choice thing has unintended consequences. I'm not saying women should be forced to have kids if they don't want to but there's broader consequences to society when women can just take out our offspring. Especially when many women are doing this.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Because I don't believe human beings belong to other people or the State. If I bought a precious piece of art, I could destroy it without consulting anyone else because it would be my property. Why should I have to consult any other human being if the thing I wish to destroy is me? I am my own property, not that of the US government and not that of any other individual.
Agreed :) U touched on something important. Collectivism vs individualism. In many countries if not all at this time, we are forced to live under collectivism. It means the individual should be sacrificed for the good of the group and this is why things gradually start to go to shit when the individual is not valued over the needs of the group. Group is an abstract, only individuals exist. In a forest there's really only individual trees.

All of those individuals have natural rights and different needs that need to be respected. If other people can violate your rights by voting for things that are not in your best interest for example. If the collective decides that you should no longer have the right to smoke weed when it's a therapy u benefit from. What a disaster for someone with cancer for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and FTL.Wanderer
YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
I became pro-choice because I do not condemn suicide anymore and sees it as a relief rather than a sinful or undesirable act. I think every person has the right to do so if their lives are unbearable by any circumstances. Sure, I will not be an cruel person to tell everyone who has the thoughts "Go and do it". As I said on another thread, I don't condemn anymore the suicide because I don´ t want to be judged as an "Poor woman who kills herself" and be remembered for my personal decision.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and ForestLove
reveriewong

reveriewong

Feb 22, 2019
I have been previously deeply suicidal, obsessed with suicidal ideation, written the notes and made the plans.

I am now pro-life.

In spite of all of the physical and emotional pain I've experienced, I'm extremely grateful to be alive. I'm incredibly grateful to be able to have developed healthy ways to cope, and the ability to work through any resentments I've had. I'm profoundly grateful for the willingness and desire to take personal responsibility for my actions, and to confront whatever consequences may come out of those actions. I'm grateful for the way I do my very best not to assign blame to others/to society/whatever for any undesirable outcomes in my life.

Life is difficult, but I've seen and known about people having endured extremely difficult situations and make it through without also experiencing deep levels of bitterness and contempt for having gone through those experiences. Not everyone will get through such circumstances so gracefully, but to know that it is possible, is highly admirable and something worthy of emulating.

If one person is able to soldier their way through inhumane, unbearable trauma, and come out of it with a desire not to be someone who will put themselves or others in the same position again, then we know that we--also being a human being--have the capacity to do the very same. We must live in such a way that we when given the opportunity to harm ourselves or others, that we do not pursue that opportunity, because it only leads to more pain and chaos in the world around us.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I have been previously deeply suicidal, obsessed with suicidal ideation, written the notes and made the plans.

I am now pro-life.

In spite of all of the physical and emotional pain I've experienced, I'm extremely grateful to be alive. I'm incredibly grateful to be able to have developed healthy ways to cope, and the ability to work through any resentments I've had. I'm profoundly grateful for the willingness and desire to take personal responsibility for my actions, and to confront whatever consequences may come out of those actions. I'm grateful for the way I do my very best not to assign blame to others/to society/whatever for any undesirable outcomes in my life.

Life is difficult, but I've seen and known about people having endured extremely difficult situations and make it through without also experiencing deep levels of bitterness and contempt for having gone through those experiences. Not everyone will get through such circumstances so gracefully, but to know that it is possible, is highly admirable and something worthy of emulating.

If one person is able to soldier their way through inhumane, unbearable trauma, and come out of it with a desire not to be someone who will put themselves or others in the same position again, then we know that we--also being a human being--have the capacity to do the very same. We must live in such a way that we when given the opportunity to harm ourselves or others, that we do not pursue that opportunity, because it only leads to more pain and chaos in the world around us.

I'm totally fine with people being personally pro-life. I just am bothered by the ones who like to kidnap suicidal people (and yes taking someone against their will is kidnapping) , hold them hostage, and treat them like a criminal.

Reactions: Pulpit2018