Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
They can't come at your house if you order sn or anything while using a vpn and tor/some other privacy friendly browser, right? Please, if I'm missing anything say so, I really have to know if I can order sn without them coming at my house. I don't live alone

Reactions: Pen>Sword
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
They shouldn't but, it is not impossible to track you.

Reactions: Pen>Sword and wordsonscreen
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
I'm in the USA, so I can only give my opinion from that point of view.

Police can come to your house and knock on your door whenever they want, but they need a reason to go to your house in the first place. Unless you have done something ridiculous, like tell your doctor about an exit plan,, etc, they likely aren't going to stop by.

I don't think that using a VPN or Tor would make a difference: your police force doesn't have the manpower to monitor internet traffic like that. And besides, if you are using https sites, then the police would have to break end-to-end encryption on top of that. And, frankly, we are too small of potatoes for the NSA. If the federal government did crack this type of encryption, they sure would not want to spill the beans on a bunch of suicidal people.. LOL.

No, the weak point would be delivery. I think your seller is far more likely to tell authorities than some computer network sniffing software.

Ive heard people using false names and gift credit cards for purchasing stuff on the dark web, if for no other reason than to deny ownership if someone shows up. I've never done that myself.

HTH

Reactions: Symbiote, Aloken, Pen>Sword and 1 other person
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Well, for me, I don't know what kind of surveillance techniques the popo have these days, but I'd rather not risk underestimating them, hence I work myself into a panic imagining all the possible techniques they might have. You could call it paranoia, but I've been jailed before which kind of gave me a phobia of all things police. Also, when I ordered mine, I didn't use a vpn or anything of the sort, so I didn't feel protected in that way.

Reactions: Wrennie, Aloken and wordsonscreen
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021

Police can come to your house and knock on your door whenever they want, but they need a reason to go to your house in the first place. Unless you have done something ridiculous, like tell your doctor about an exit plan,, etc, they likely aren't going to stop by.

I don't think that using a VPN or Tor would make a difference: your police force doesn't have the manpower to monitor internet traffic like that. And besides, if you are using https sites, then the police would have to break end-to-end encryption on top of that. And, frankly, we are too small of potatoes for the NSA. If the federal government did crack this type of encryption, they sure would not want to spill the beans on a bunch of suicidal people.. LOL.

No, the weak point would be delivery. I think your seller is far more likely to tell authorities than some computer network sniffing software.

Ive heard people using false names and gift credit cards for purchasing stuff on the dark web, if for no other reason than to deny ownership if someone shows up. I've never done that myself.

HTH
Have you bought SN or N online? Did you receive it successfully without law enforcement detecting the transaction? I'm from Canada, it's probably more stricter here due to regulations.

Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021

HTH
That's interesting, I see..

But how can you use false names? I don't get it, I'm sorry, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to privacy stuff on the internet etc etc. Like it's weird for me to put a fake name when creating an email account..
Well, for me, I don't know what kind of surveillance techniques the popo have these days, but I'd rather not risk underestimating them, hence I work myself into a panic imagining all the possible techniques they might have. You could call it paranoia, but I've been jailed before which kind of gave me a phobia of all things police. Also, when I ordered mine, I didn't use a vpn or anything of the sort, so I didn't feel protected in that way.
Oh no, I completely understand your panic. I only wanted to see if vpn and tor can provide me with a peace of mind. Seeing posts of people being afraid of the police showing up at their door always makes me "but why? I hope they are afraid because they didn't use vpn or something, because how am I supposed to get that **** shipped here"
They shouldn't but, it is not impossible to track you.
Man.. All these pro-lifers are like pimples on your butt or annoying mosquitoes in the night. I just want to be left alone

Last edited:
Reactions: TooConscious
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It seems like most of the people from here who actually had police called on them were from either the UK or Australia. I think in the US, you'll be fine as long as someone else doesn't report you...

Reactions: x~Sophia~x, Wrennie and TooConscious
Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
It seems like most of the people from here who actually had police called on them were from either the UK or Australia. I think in the US, you'll be fine as long as someone else doesn't report you...
I don't live in the US though :(

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Ani198

Ani198

Jan 17, 2021
I live in the US, but I wouldn't think the police would care too much, and if they did, say you are/went hunting and want to preserve your catch. SN is technically used for curing meat, so you can use that as cover.

I think what would be more worrying is if they have a warrant and searched your PC to find SS pulled up or in your history. In some states, providing resources or encouraging suicide to somebody who commits can be considered accessory to murder or homicide. It's far-fetched they'll do anything about online activity, but still a risk if they're *really* trying to get you in jail. If you do face trouble about that, Id get a lawyer who can argue that there's no way to prove it was *you* who sent links or typed those messages, it could just be somebody else who used your computer.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't live in the US though :(
Do you live in a country where your internet activity is monitored by the government then? That's the main thing to be wary of. Otherwise, I think just like the US you'll probably be fine as long as no one reports you to them...

TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
Have you bought SN or N online? Did you receive it successfully without law enforcement detecting the transaction? I'm from Canada, it's probably more stricter here due to regulations.
Yes and yes.

I'm in the Southern US. I purchased from a well-known source and had no problems. It was Pre-Covid, so it's been a while.

Reactions: Pen>Sword