Dying2077

Dying2077

Student
Oct 6, 2023
Some countries give 25٪ of their budget to weapons And war, which is billions and billions of dollars. Why is peace not made and each country is satisfied with its resources, even if they are small?Is this degree of difficulty in understanding? Or be convinced of your resources

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Because we are a species that likes war :). We have been fighting since the beginning of our civilization and we will probably fight until its end. I'm probably going to say something controversial, but every person in the world has killing in their blood. We like to take more and more. It should also be remembered that people lived in all corners of the world, so different peoples with different cultures were automatically created, so it is not surprising that one group may want to eliminate the other. Unfortunately, the world is not a perfect utopia.

• Wow
Reactions: Dying2077
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think I read or heard somewhere that there are enough bullets in the world to kill the entire world's population 4 times over. I agree- we are a ridiculous species.

I guess it comes down to greed and territory. Even animals will guard their terrirory and belongings. If one starts to use tools- weapons to do it- others will also. Now, I expect it's more to do with money and power.

Put it this way- if you were attacked or, squaters took up residence in your home and tried to throw you out- wouldn't you fight back? You can't just tell everyone to get along- they won't.

Sadly, this world exists by creatures exploiting other creatures. We all play a part in this- no matter where we are on the scale. I expect a lot of your possessions were made by people not earning enough to survive on. Should they just accept that? Irony is- they probably do. It's most likely the rich that innitiate wars.

But yeah- I have to agree with @Agon321 - we do sadly seem to have something within us that wants conflict. And- even if we don't, doing nothing, being placid when we are attacked isn't always an option.

Reactions: Agon321
O

obligatoryshackles

I don't want to get used to it.
Aug 11, 2023
Past grievances born of even further past grievances born of a past scarcity in resources drive us to animosity.

Imperialism driven by a desire to extract resources from abroad in order to appease the people of the motherland.

Irreconcilable differences in culture born of separation and local conditions.

But most important today is the perceived necessity to defend oneself. One state cannot know the intentions of another state. What if they are building weapons to invade us? We MUST have our own weapons or we will be invaded. They are building weapons! If we do not do the same, we will be destroyed!

It's a prisoner's dilemma with cataclysmic consequences. No state wants to simply allow themselves to be destroyed in order to allow the other to thrive on their corpse.

Governments and leaders with an incentive to increase morale and the willingness of their people to fight, to defend themselves, glorify war through propaganda and storytelling.

A grand ideal of unifying the world such that no one need fight again - to achieve peace through war.

The invention of tools to hunt prey for food.

The natural conclusion that those same tools work against fellow men.

The realization that taking from more prosperous men is often easier than hunting ferocious wild beasts.

Last edited: