cowbain

cowbain

teach me empathy
Jul 16, 2019
Thinking about all of the absolute vile people that did horrible things to me (abuse included) and they're fine. Why do I have to suffer? Why am I the martyr? The realm that we live in is so fucked and ass backwards.

• Hugs
Reactions: Broken Chimera, NekoNomNom, Élégie and 8 others
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
Maybe one aspect of this is that to be happy one needs a degree of reckless abandon.

The other thing to note is there are plenty of unhappy shitty people. You just probably pick up on terrible people finding success as an injustice and so it feels like it's rampant, while at the same time decrying your lot, feeling you're a righteous and just person.

However superstitious I can be at an unconscious level, I don't believe in cosmic justice or karma. A swathe of the population simply get all the goodies.

Reactions: Red, Lost_the_will2_live, autumnal and 2 others
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Because they don't care .

Not caring leads to happiness!

Reactions: readytogo982, Élégie, Red and 6 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Being shitty makes a certain type of person happy. In their place you wouldn't be happy.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Red, Ktmnny and 6 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I don't think it's that simple

Reactions: Élégie, Brink, puppy9 and 5 others
cowbain

cowbain

teach me empathy
Jul 16, 2019
Maybe one aspect of this is that to be happy one needs a degree of reckless abandon.

The other thing to note is there are plenty of unhappy shitty people. You just probably pick up on terrible people finding success as an injustice and so it feels like it's rampant, while at the same time decrying your lot, feeling you're a righteous and just person.

However superstitious I can be at an unconscious level, I don't believe in cosmic justice or karma. A swathe of the population simply get all the goodies.
Yeah tbh they're miserable too, probably more miserable. Truly happy and healthy people don't hurt others.
Because they don't care .

Not caring leads to happiness!
Pretty sick then.
Being shitty makes a certain type of person happy. In their place you wouldn't be happy.
And that's why I feel horrible and like I am not cut out for this world.
I don't think it's that simple
I can't cover all the points while I'm having an emotional breakdown. Sorry.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ktmnny, Amnesty, _Minsk and 2 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
Thinking about all of the absolute vile people that did horrible things to me (abuse included) and they're fine. Why do I have to suffer? Why am I the martyr? The realm that we live in is so fucked and ass backwards.
Unpopular opinion (as usual). They probably had horrible things done to them and that's what they became. They might even be members of this forum. Plenty of people you think are happy probably aren't and that's the thing. Looking at things from others perspective and not just thinking about you things become much clearer. Doesn't excuse what they do at all but stops you going the same way

Reactions: Bct, Deleted member 17331, Brink and 3 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
Truly happy and healthy people don't hurt others.
Absolutely true out of my experience! Makes me reevaluate my beliefs, deep down everyone is a innocent being, the suffering and pain changes people.

Plenty of people you think are happy probably aren't and that's the thing.

Also agree, Some people react absolutely perplex or confused when i mention depression, maybe they truly believe it since i tent to hide that part, or they just don't care, who knows..

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331
cowbain

cowbain

teach me empathy
Jul 16, 2019
Unpopular opinion (as usual). They probably had horrible things done to them and that's what they became. They might even be members of this forum. Plenty of people you think are happy probably aren't and that's the thing. Looking at things from others perspective and not just thinking about you things become much clearer. Doesn't excuse what they do at all but stops you going the same way
I don't want to offend you but there's never an excuse for abuse. I've been through some of the worst things possible and I would never hurt anyone like I've been hurt. Shit maybe I'm only saying this because I've been abused but where's the comfort for people like me? Maybe if I become an awful person the world will just fall into my hands and then I wouldn't have to hear things like this anymore. What are the victims supposed to do? Just cry and drive themselves to the point of insanity to the point where they actually go through with their will to no longer live? This is ugly, I'm sorry. I feel awful today and I'm losing it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, Red, Ktmnny and 4 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Because they are alphas and physically and mentally healthy they don´t know what REAL suffering is like.

Reactions: _Minsk
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
I don't want to offend you but there's never an excuse for abuse. I've been through some of the worst things possible and I would never hurt anyone like I've been hurt. Shit maybe I'm only saying this because I've been abused but where's the comfort for people like me? Maybe if I become an awful person the world will just fall into my hands and then I wouldn't have to hear things like this anymore. What are the victims supposed to do? Just cry and drive themselves to the point of insanity to the point where they actually go through with their will to no longer live? This is ugly, I'm sorry. I feel awful today and I'm losing it.
Yeah I'm having an atrocious day myself so if you want to offend me you can it wouldn't make any difference. The fact you don't want to is good though and I certainly don't mean to offend you. I am sorry I can feel your pain. Becoming garbage is the easy route. Pity them.
Because they are alphas and physically and mentally healthy they don´t know what REAL suffering is like.
haha. Yeah right

Reactions: Amnesty
Amnesty

Amnesty

Suicidal Cheesecake
Jun 2, 2020

I agree with you.

Reactions: Mr2005
cowbain

cowbain

teach me empathy
Jul 16, 2019
Yeah I'm having an atrocious day myself so if you want to offend me you can it wouldn't make any difference. The fact you don't want to is good though and I certainly don't mean to offend you. I am sorry I can feel your pain. Becoming garbage is the easy route. Pity them.

haha. Yeah right
Nah I'm not the type to intentionally try to take my pain out on others, I hope you can somehow feel better tho. Pity them? Well see... I could potentially put the person in jail/prison or at least get them in some type of trouble with law enforcement. I thought I loved this person tho and honestly I still do care. They struggle a lot and they seem to be doing okay rn and they're happy with someone else. I don't know if I wanna mess that up even if rationally I know that wouldn't be true for me, because that's on them. What they did is pretty fucked up.

• Hugs
Amnesty

Amnesty

Suicidal Cheesecake
Jun 2, 2020
Nah I'm not the type to intentionally try to take my pain out on others, I hope you can somehow feel better tho. Pity them? Well see... I could potentially put the person in jail/prison or at least get them in some type of trouble with law enforcement. I thought I loved this person tho and honestly I still do care. They struggle a lot and they seem to be doing okay rn and they're happy with someone else. I don't know if I wanna mess that up even if rationally I know that wouldn't be true for me, because that's on them. What they did is pretty fucked up.
It is always better to make them feel worse for what they did :) and let them kill themselves :D nobody would give a shit about them anyways. It is okay. If everyone was selfless they all would be dead.
It is always better to make them feel worse for what they did :) and let them kill themselves :D nobody would give a shit about them anyways. It is okay. If everyone was selfless they all would be dead.
We all would dead as a species too ;) selfishness is the key to survival

Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
You're a beautiful person.

cowbain

cowbain

teach me empathy
Jul 16, 2019

Sksbajaka
Well that's encouraging (and funny) , ty! I just feel bad. Idk why. They obviously didn't feel bad at the fucked up (ILLEGAL) things they did to me. They broke the law I didn't. At that point I don't think it's me being selfish that's pretty fair. I guess I'm just afraid that even if I do get justice, the cycle may just repeat itself with someone else. Him getting what he deserves will be nice but ultimately until I heal myself I'll never be okay. I gotta heal those deep wounds that make me attracted to such gross 'people', and that makes them attracted to me. Life is hard, I'd rather just be taken out.

• Aww..
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018

You quoting yourself? If selfishness is the key to survival then it's not worth surviving

Reactions: Brink and GoBack
cowbain

cowbain

teach me empathy
Jul 16, 2019
You're a beautiful person.
My mind does not want to accept this compliment and instead say something pessimistic ("too bad the world is ugly", "if you meant pathetic, yeah") but thank you :-)

Amnesty

Amnesty

Suicidal Cheesecake
Jun 2, 2020
You quoting yourself? If selfishness is the key to survival then it's not worth surviving
I thought the comment would be seperate and to avoid confusion. Picking every way to humiliate a person shows you your true colors.
Yes selfishness is the key to survival you are even proof of that. If you need to disregard another to heal then that is selfishness.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
And yet studies have shown that being generous makes people happier than being selfish.

@cowbain, when I said you wouldn't be happy as a shitty person, I didn't mean there's no way for you to be happy. I think we can all learn to be.

Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
Yeah I feel the same way, some might be happy and others may be good at repressing their sadness.
There are people out there that just don't care about how their actions impact others and can move on without any sort of guilt or remorse. I've met TWO people who were like this and it destroyed me.

Reactions: cowbain
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
From my experiences, it's because they gain some sort of power and superiority by putting others down and of course, society rewards the assholes and jerks, while lying and virtue signaling to the victims that the bad guys will ultimately lose. I don't want to dwell on the past, but I'll just say that the people who bullied, were mean, tease me in early HS, most of them lead fairly successful lives, while maybe one or two ended up with a tough and shitty adulthood. Personally, I wouldn't consider myself successful in the adult world (having a decent paying job, living independently from parents and having my own apartment/place), but that's a different story.

Not all bullies end up with karma biting them in the ass, despite what idealistic bullshit people spew. Here is one such example:

This should make anyone rather angry. While I wasn't bullied like that person, I had my fair share of teasing and harassment by assholes during my teenage years. I don't hate them nor resent them, but it wouldn't make me sad if they got their comeuppance either.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Bct, cowbain and Red
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
I don't really think they are happy, just in denial about most things. I can't imagine myself being happy if I built that happiness on suffering of others.

Reactions: cowbain
cowbain

cowbain

teach me empathy
Jul 16, 2019
From my experiences, it's because they gain some sort of power and superiority by putting others down and of course, society rewards the assholes and jerks, while lying and virtue signaling to the victims that the bad guys will ultimately lose. I don't want to dwell on the past, but I'll just say that the people who bullied, were mean, tease me in early HS, most of them lead fairly successful lives, while maybe one or two ended up with a tough and shitty adulthood. Personally, I wouldn't consider myself successful in the adult world (having a decent paying job, living independently from parents and having my own apartment/place), but that's a different story.

Not all bullies end up with karma biting them in the ass, despite what idealistic bullshit people spew. Here is one such example:

This should make anyone rather angry. While I wasn't bullied like that person, I had my fair share of teasing and harassment by assholes during my teenage years. I don't hate them nor resent them, but it wouldn't make me sad if they got their comeuppance either.

Sorry to hear about your experiences with bullying. It makes me even more sad that you're on a site like this after experiencing such things. I hope that whatever you decide you can find contentment. And wow that superintendent guy in the video is such a coward. Tbh I feel like karma did bite him in the ass tho. He obviously chose his career based on his past experiences and because he likes being in power. Pretty sad to be reliving that out into your adult years. Whereas the guy he bullied was able to move past that, he became a buisness owner and created a family. He was able to speak his truth which shows a lot of strength. He is the winner in my eyes.

Disintegration

Disintegration

Life is a terminal sexually transmitted disease.
Sep 28, 2019
It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Krishnamurti

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and GoBack
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Krishnamurti

Excellent quote. I would add to that:

"Marcus Aurelius's view of humanity gave him a reason not to fear death: the human race, seen accurately, is not the sort of company one should be too sorry to leave behind."

From the book The Practicing Stoic by Ward Farnsworth