Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Why cause the population to suffer needlessly?

Reactions: walt
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Because the planet's overpopulated, the herd needs to be culled.

Reactions: fox_wannabe and Feeding Pigeons
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Bottom line is they're all selfish and they're some of the most selfish people in existence and to them that's alright. Because the rich and powerful will always see everyone else as nobody's or worse than nothing to be used and manipulated for their own gain. What I don't get is why don't they care about their own families and such in regards to keeping the planets sustainable in the long term. You'd think they would atleast care about fucking up their only planet where they get to pretend to be gods it I guess not. It reminds me of a movie I recently watched called Self/less where the protagonist is an old rich man who's dying and has his consciousness transferred to another body that was someone else's by an evil company of course. They're selling pitch was asking him if he felt immortal and he said of course not. Rich people feel immortal only until death finally becomes their reality.

Reactions: whatevs, Pluto and Weebster
walt

walt

Mar 15, 2022
Depends on which powers you are talking about. I think it can all boil down to egos and power games because of those egos.

I'd also like to argue that overpopulation is a myth. Living standards have gone up directly proportional to the amount of people being born, and only now are we seeing those numbers slow down in a lot of countries.

Global suffering has much less to do with birth rates and more to do with money.

Reactions: NSA
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
What I don't get is why don't they care about their own families and such in regards to keeping the planets sustainable in the long term.
They are purely functioning from a place of short-term gain for themselves and their immediate circle, as they see it. I would argue that it is not only the billionaire class that does this.
I'd also like to argue that overpopulation is a myth. Living standards have gone up directly proportional to the amount of people being born
Presumably you can see that this is not sustainable for longer than a few centuries? And that living standards for wealthy humans have improved at the direct cost of all other species on the planet, including those that we depend upon for survival.

Reactions: the_town_manager and Circles
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
Why not just set up euthanasia clinics?
Because something needs the suffering to continue as long as possible. It feeds off of it.

Reactions: xrosex, Crazy4u and whatevs
walt

walt

Mar 15, 2022
Presumably you can see that this is not sustainable for longer than a few centuries? And that living standards for wealthy humans have improved at the direct cost of all other species on the planet, including those that we depend upon for survival.
Maybe? But I feel like this has been argued so much, with little to offer in terms of evidence. The whole animals dying thing is true, though.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Maybe? But I feel like this has been argued so much, with little to offer in terms of evidence. The whole animals dying thing is true, though.
It's an interesting topic with a long history, and won't be going away any time soon.

Englishman Thomas Robert Malthus published An Essay on the Principle of Population in 1798, predicting a correlation between population growth and famines. His predictions have not (yet) panned out as he did not account for technological innovation from the Industrial Revolution subsequently enabling an 8 x multiplication of the human population with ongoing reductions in malnutrition to boot.

In modern times, however, the question of living standards is a bit more nuanced. Housing is becoming far higher density, and overcrowding on roads, public transport and even tourist destinations is rising. In short, anyone who is psychologically averse to living in constantly crowded conditions is unlikely to be pleased by the ongoing population expansion, which also has been argued to worsen human behaviour. Likewise anyone who has any attachment to biodiversity.

The environmental side of things can only be described as a time bomb, with proposals to exploit Mars a very dubious solution given the extreme technology needed. (Heck, we can't even populate Antarctica, the oceans or the deserts.)

Reactions: whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Because something needs the suffering to continue as long as possible. It feeds off of it.
Pushing aside tacitly boring down to earth musings that are sourced (thanks, Pluto), we can now step into diffuse and paranoid speculation, which is what really gets me going.

I have been a mostly YouTube borne conspiracy theorist for many years now. Following the exhaustive purge periods of Crisis Actors Frenzy (2016ish, I think?) and the recent Covid Conspiracy sweep that cleaned some of the remaining "threat to our democracy disinformants" only one influencer from the early days remains for me. Quantum of Conscience. He is too rambly and out there to really bother the power structure.

His thesis? We live in some sort of Dark City reality where "the minions of the Screen" or "the servants of the dark side of reality" need to intently mix fiction with reality, pushing a "reality overlay" in which we are pushed down from a reality that was already a simulation into a simulation within a simulation. Technology like "smart" phones is paramount to this process. I add to that how saying that a canvas with three squares in it (Rothko) or ugly, low effort paintings (Picasso with "Las señoritas de Avignon") are exquisite specimens of Art is an example of another facet of this fascinating phenomenon of human composting.

Now, he also throws in some elements of classically neo-Gnostic ideas such as loosh generation from suffering and strife. To finally answer your question, people like me are open to the possibility that some kind of parasitic entity is in control of our global elite, and in fact of humanity as a whole, and as part of a "digesting" process it needs to destroy everything we ever liked and apparently merge us with machines.

Cue to an Alex Jones rant in which he explains how they communicate with interdimensional elves to receive orders of how to prepare humans for when CERN is finally functional and they can manifest in our realm.

Reactions: xrosex
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Because they can and we can't.

Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Pushing aside tacitly boring down to earth musings that are sourced (thanks, Pluto), we can now step into diffuse and paranoid speculation, which is what really gets me going.

I have been a mostly YouTube borne conspiracy theorist for many years now. Following the exhaustive purge periods of Crisis Actors Frenzy (2016ish, I think?) and the recent Covid Conspiracy sweep that cleaned some of the remaining "threat to our democracy disinformants" only one influencer from the early days remains for me. Quantum of Conscience. He is too rambly and out there to really bother the power structure.

His thesis? We live in some sort of Dark City reality where "the minions of the Screen" or "the servants of the dark side of reality" need to intently mix fiction with reality, pushing a "reality overlay" in which we are pushed down from a reality that was already a simulation into a simulation within a simulation. Technology like "smart" phones is paramount to this process. I add to that how saying that a canvas with three squares in it (Rothko) or ugly, low effort paintings (Picasso with "Las señoritas de Avignon") are exquisite specimens of Art is an example of another facet of this fascinating phenomenon of human composting.

Now, he also throws in some elements of classically neo-Gnostic ideas such as loosh generation from suffering and strife. To finally answer your question, people like me are open to the possibility that some kind of parasitic entity is in control of our global elite, and in fact of humanity as a whole, and as part of a "digesting" process it needs to destroy everything we ever liked and apparently merge us with machines.

Cue to an Alex Jones rant in which he explains how they communicate with interdimensional elves to receive orders of how to prepare humans for when CERN is finally functional and they can manifest in our realm.
Stein's;Gate

Reactions: whatevs
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
Why not just set up euthanasia clinics?
To maintain the facade of being morally upright and superior? or to avoid losing a large number of population?
Why cause the population to suffer needlessly?
I believe we are just like ants to them and just like kids experimenting with ants by disturbing their ecosystem, crushing them, or see how it is like to burn them with a magnifying glass, I think thats what they see and do to ordinary humans too

Last edited:
Reactions: xrosex