GreyCTB

GreyCTB

Student
Aug 26, 2022
Really everyone I meet online and in real life think the only ways to make money are having a job or investing in stocks, etc. Why are people so close minded about this? Because there are many ways you could make money for yourself both online and offline that don't involve those 2 things.

Why would not start your own company or a side hustle? Or try to earn money online? It seems to me that the struggle needed to get your own streams of income is worth it 1,000,000 times more than having to slave away at a normal job. I wish we would all think outside of the boundaries more often

• Hugs
Reactions: looseye and CTB Dream
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
This understand. Tell momey not get tell no possible this actual force norm not want abnorm, this oppress .human cruel see easier say no possible jealous one easy get jealous no job .yhere many reasn all awful. This addition job make slave puppet debt mske slave more reproducelt natal. More this human aeful try ruin busni not help any. Really awful cruel mske other poor no help very sorry see all bad comment onlin oflin

• Love
Reactions: Disappointered, MellowAvenue and GreyCTB
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
It involves a lot of extra admin work and you never know whether you'll actually turn a profit? I guess some people would know if they know what to research but it's still a gamble.

Reactions: Celerity and WhatPowerIs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Just out of interest- have you managed to make much money online personally?

I work freelance creatively and I'm in a quiet period. What with the pandemic and all, I was really hoping to find a flexible but good way to make money elsewhere. Last couple of years, I've tried 2 Etsy shops (spent out too much on materials to make that a good option... Same thing goes for my freelance 'career' to be honest!) Micro- tasking (Not brilliantly paid and dull as shit.) Matched betting (good initially for a few hundred pounds.) Paid Surveys (very rarely fit their desired profile- so mostly a waste of time.) Transcription (failed the very muffled audio test.)

Now, I'm trying Cambly (teaching English to non native speakers.) Still- I don't hold out much hope of being accepted to be honest. I have been tempted with trading but I feel it's likely I'll end up loosing money.

Of course, there's affiliate marketing I guess- although it sounded like lieing about products you have no real interest in- and I feel like the internet is already full of fake crap. Plus, I hate social media!

The newer one seems to be mentoring others with your 'unique' skills. Although again- my skills are kind of antequated now- I doubt any people would want to learn them and in any case- I don't think I could imbue them with a sense of positivity that they are likely to find a job.

My problem is I'm so negative (as you can tell!) I'm just super curious though. I do kind of dream of landing that reasonable-ish job online that is super flexible and that will pay enough to get me through the tough periods. What is it do you think everyone is missing?

• Love
Reactions: disillusion, GreyCTB and WhatPowerIs
👁

👁️👃👁️

Enlightened
Aug 14, 2022
Fear.
Mindset of lack.
Programming

Reactions: GreyCTB
MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

👻
Nov 5, 2020
You have to consider that a lot of propaganda is driven by corporations and naturally those corporations want people to serve corporate interests. That's why stories of people "making it on their own" tend to be less "self published author works hard to make a living doing what he loves" and more "young man pulled up his boot straps and now has a cushy office job in corporate America." So we have decades of people being taught to think that "real jobs" are the only valid way to success.

Reactions: GreyCTB
GreyCTB

GreyCTB

Student
Aug 26, 2022
Just out of interest- have you managed to make much money online personally?

I work freelance creatively and I'm in a quiet period. What with the pandemic and all, I was really hoping to find a flexible but good way to make money elsewhere. Last couple of years, I've tried 2 Etsy shops (spent out too much on materials to make that a good option... Same thing goes for my freelance 'career' to be honest!) Micro- tasking (Not brilliantly paid and dull as shit.) Matched betting (good initially for a few hundred pounds.) Paid Surveys (very rarely fit their desired profile- so mostly a waste of time.) Transcription (failed the very muffled audio test.)

Now, I'm trying Cambly (teaching English to non native speakers.) Still- I don't hold out much hope of being accepted to be honest. I have been tempted with trading but I feel it's likely I'll end up loosing money.

Of course, there's affiliate marketing I guess- although it sounded like lieing about products you have no real interest in- and I feel like the internet is already full of fake crap. Plus, I hate social media!

The newer one seems to be mentoring others with your 'unique' skills. Although again- my skills are kind of antequated now- I doubt any people would want to learn them and in any case- I don't think I could imbue them with a sense of positivity that they are likely to find a job.

My problem is I'm so negative (as you can tell!) I'm just super curious though. I do kind of dream of landing that reasonable-ish job online that is super flexible and that will pay enough to get me through the tough periods. What is it do you think everyone is missing?
Not a lot really. I have earned 150$ in the last month doing some various things (0 investment). I also have only been trying for 2 months maybe now, but those 150$ prove to me that it's possible to earn money online by doing what I want and also in ways that are easy to do.

I feel like everyone is just missing the mindset needed to make money online and the information on which niches etc. to go in. For example I found a money making forum and somebody figured out how to make 50$ per day copy pasting things for 2 hours a day from one education website to another.

I think most people are not even looking for things like that because they are so boxed in when it comes to mentality

You seem to have tried a lot of things tho. Maybe you can try to go in some less saturated markets? Idk there's obviously also more to making money than what I said above and I don't know everything either so idk. I wish you the best though

• Love
Reactions: MellowAvenue and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Not a lot really. I have earned 150$ in the last month doing some various things (0 investment). I also have only been trying for 2 months maybe now, but those 150$ prove to me that it's possible to earn money online by doing what I want and also in ways that are easy to do.

I feel like everyone is just missing the mindset needed to make money online and the information on which niches etc. to go in. For example I found a money making forum and somebody figured out how to make 50$ per day copy pasting things for 2 hours a day from one education website to another.

I think most people are not even looking for things like that because they are so boxed in when it comes to mentality

You seem to have tried a lot of things tho. Maybe you can try to go in some less saturated markets? Idk there's obviously also more to making money than what I said above and I don't know everything either so idk. I wish you the best though
I think a 'positive' and enquiring attitude is so important and you have it- so- good luck to you.

All I would say is- be careful. Since the pandemic, there have been so many 'get rich quick' type sites pop up- and I'm not sure all of them are legitimate. Still- you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders- so I doubt you'd fall for something dodgy.

It's VERY impressive that you managed to find something you enjoyed doing. I hope you can find more.

I think you're right though- I think many people just subscribe to the 9-5 office job because 'that's what you do'- rather than really thinking about what they enjoy and don't enjoy and trying to find something that might make them happier. I wish you all the best of luck.

sunsetting

sunsetting

Jun 9, 2021
Fear of risking. And we're programmed to not do it by our parents but it seems that the current generation is breaking from that fear at least partially by attempting to be "social influencers" but I don't particularly think that's progress lol

Seiko

Seiko

"Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby."
Jul 9, 2021
I get your point—but if it were easy, everyone would be doing it. Having a stable source of income and the capital gains plus dividends from long-term investing is bomb-proof in the long run. Starting your own business usually comes with volatility that most people aren't equipped to bear.

Reactions: disillusion, Grav and WhatPowerIs
Ilayis

Ilayis

SuicidalManPup
Sep 4, 2022
If nobody worked the 9-5 jobs then nothing would ever get done.

Food wouldn't be delivered, stores would be closed, and there wouldn't be an internet if there wasn't anyone to flip the on/off switch every now and then lol.

Yes some people don't see the potential in making money online.

You may be making some pocket change but to make real money online is pretty difficult to start.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disappointered
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Some people hate on attractive cis women who make money with onlyfans, but I say, if you were gifted "looks", why not use them to your advantage if you want?

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I have a friend who does contract work and he loves it but he's also on his own for insurance and such. Once the gig ends, and if working for a company it can come anytime, he's stuck if he can't find a new job. I prefer the reliability of what's there tomorrow or at least some kind of payout if they rif me. Would I love to have my "somewhat dream job"? Fuck ya! Will it cost me pretty much everything I own as retail is brutal and full of forces that I have asolutely no control over? Yeah it would. If people want to go the route less travelled more power to them. I'm curious how many people think they're going to get rich fast online when they haven't looked at what it takes or how long they'll last. Overall, I'm not close-minded to methods of making money. I'm a realist in what is available and the level of risk I'm willing to take. Cube land is a drain on your life but if there's a steady paycheck in it, I'm in the cube.