Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
The only power Americans have is a vote every 2 and 4 yrs. Protesting doesn't accomplish anything. And yet despite this reality, people spend hours every day keeping up to date on the latest developments that they can't personally influence and they argue about it with other nobodies.

Reactions: Remeer
gardenofaphrodite

gardenofaphrodite

Can’t catch a break no matter what I do.
Apr 12, 2023
Where I live in the US, I have to constantly keep an eye on what's happening. My rights are being taken away, & some already have - & they're continuing to push bills that will take more of my rights away.

I feel a lot of men don't have to worry about those bills being passed, because it doesn't directly affect them, but I wish more did care. If I get raped & end up pregnant, I can't get an abortion, & if I try to, I will end up in prison. I have been in situations where rape has happened, but I didn't end up pregnant - & I'm lucky for that. Even if it's during consensual acts, I still have a lingering fear of becoming pregnant constantly, even with contraceptives & extreme amounts of being careful, because I just don't want kids right now & I can't afford it, I'm not mentally stable, & a whole slue of things.

LBTQ rights are being pushed back where I live as well, & it's becoming increasingly difficult to feel safe. I can't go anywhere by myself because of risk of sexual assault, or a hate crime - because of where I live. I can't be myself, I have to be careful about dating - I have had scary instances. Even my own family members, I have to be careful.

I don't enjoy reading all the negative political shit happening, but I have to, for my safety, & knowing what rights they're trying to take from me even more. I have no right to my own autonomy anymore.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, TheSpookyNameGuy, Jolene79 and 4 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I don't really get it either. Even if something affects you, you're pretty powerless to change it.

To be fair, I've rarely felt empassioned by any of it by virtue of being a straight white male. I've virtually never felt like I'm being marginalized, so to me it's all background noise. But this idea that everyone can be summarized by whether they lean left or right seems so ingrained at this point that it's both automatic and really stupid. I've had people assume a whole lot about me just because I live in the state I do - even though I'm not originally from here.

As we grow more diverse, it's clear that the current political system just doesn't cut it, and probably hasn't for a long time. We're definitely long overdue for some major changes.

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
People are obsessive over and argue about all kinds of dumb shit. Pop stars, video games, superhero movies, etc. At least politics actually affects most peoples lives in one way or another.

Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´
A

audison

Jun 29, 2023
The only power Americans have is a vote every 2 and 4 yrs. Protesting doesn't accomplish anything. And yet despite this reality, people spend hours every day keeping up to date on the latest developments that they can't personally influence and they argue about it with other nobodies.
Because politics are just part of being alive, they literally affect everyone. Even the decision not to vote is a political stand in itself, it empowers somebody else (probably the party already in power)

Y

yellowtin42

Jun 28, 2023
for me, it's because i hate seeing people i hate oppress others for personal and financial gain. politics seems to be a mechanism to potentially counteract that. i could be completely naive, but that is what i choose to believe.

Remeer

Remeer

Mar 8, 2023
it may be because they believe it is the solution and they can use it to change things
For my part I do not believe that democracy exists so I am not very interested in politics. Where I live, it doesn't matter if they approve or reject something, they will do what they want. either with laws or international treaties even when voting not to
Greetings, be well

Lamentice

Lamentice

Sayonara
Mar 27, 2023
Because it affects our lives everyday. I don't understand why someone wouldn't stay updated on politics.

TheHuman

TheHuman

May 31, 2023
Its since that we have "certain unalienable rights", and I for one would like to keep them. Also I would want to know if trump is going to finally get prison, and shit.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Because it affects our lives everyday. I don't understand why someone wouldn't stay updated on politics.
Because you can't change anything, ant
Its since that we have "certain unalienable rights", and I for one would like to keep them. Also I would want to know if trump is going to finally get prison, and shit.
Trump is the second coming of jesus