fanmam

fanmam

Oct 17, 2023
last time i went to a ward, i started seeing patterns, nobodys there voluntarily, youre forced to be there because of a act you made against society so they try to "fix" you. they force feed you pills without a patient knowing what it is. it feels so much like a prison or a jail, why are there visiting hours, i can only see 1 parent at a time? i had not seen my brother in 3 weeks. why cant i call anyome after 9:30?

Reactions: haibane, suicidalgirl96 and WretchedDreams
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I agree. Hospitals are very restrictive, triggering, and are overall not good places. Though, what helped me make it through was engaging in actives and making friendships with other patients. In my last hospitalization I had a roomate who I bonded with very well. We had a lot in common and would help each other. That helped me cope. Also, the other therapist who facilitated group actives/therapies helped me as well

Trying to make the best of the experience is healthy way of coping, and you won't be there forever. Though I would tell anyone to avoid a ward if they can, sometimes it's what we need. And thats ok, even if the system isn't perfect

Reactions: WretchedDreams
fanmam

fanmam

Oct 17, 2023
I agree. Hospitals are very restrictive, triggering, and are overall not good places. Though, what helped me make it through was engaging in actives and making friendships with other patients. In my last hospitalization I had a roomate who I bonded with very well. We had a lot in common and would help each other. That helped me cope. Also, the other therapist who facilitated group actives/therapies helped me as well

Trying to make the best of the experience is healthy way of coping, and you won't be there forever. Though I would tell anyone to avoid a ward if they can, sometimes it's what we need. And thats ok, even if the system isn't perfect
yes, making friends is absolutely amazing, sadly ive also had horrible experiences, i had to listen to my friend scream and cry her eyes out because she had to be sent back to her abusive household because her insurance ran out, ive found her socials but its been a few months since me and her last talked and i fear she ctb, but if she did she is at peace

• Aww..
Reactions: suicidalgirl96, kitty_kat, WretchedDreams and 1 other person
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
yes, making friends is absolutely amazing, sadly ive also had horrible experiences, i had to listen to my friend scream and cry her eyes out because she had to be sent back to her abusive household because her insurance ran out, ive found her socials but its been a few months since me and her last talked and i fear she ctb, but if she did she is at peace
that is so fucked, but sadly another flaw in the system. Ideally, a part of me wishes I was placed in a different form of housing/facility and not with my family. I still live with them now and being in school/interning is helping me cope better. But its a struggle still

if I could make a policy, it would be an emphasis on assessing the safety of a persons environment. If someone is living with abusive family for example, there should be options for temporary to fully independent housing. Being surrounded by toxicity will put a block on whatever healing needs to be done. I feel there should be homes made specifically for those struggling with mental illness. So after being discharged they can be somewhere safe

Reactions: fanmam
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Because mental hospitals are like prison or even worse.

luxsuircides

luxsuircides

the view from halfway down
Oct 16, 2023
last time i went to a ward, i started seeing patterns, nobodys there voluntarily, youre forced to be there because of a act you made against society so they try to "fix" you. they force feed you pills without a patient knowing what it is. it feels so much like a prison or a jail, why are there visiting hours, i can only see 1 parent at a time? i had not seen my brother in 3 weeks. why cant i call anyome after 9:30?
the three times i went the the mental hospital it was like actual hell. if anything it actually taught me to BETTER HIDE my mental issues from the people around me. they feel like a scam and it always seems that none of the professionals actually care about you at all.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Those places sound horrible and like they just make people suffer even more, I hate how we exist in this society where suicidal people are punished like that simply for wanting to die.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and haibane
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
1. No one cares about the mentally ill not even the doctors or nurses. They don't see their job as treating you to make you better. They see their job as protecting society from you not dissimilar to prison.
2. They have always been worse then prison.
3. People are lazy. If they don't have to treat you well or help you they won't.
4. The fastest way to silence anyone is to call them mentally ill.
5. No one believes someone in the psychward. Either you are a drug addict in which case you are likely a known liar or you are suffering from a mental illness and are automatically called crazy. In either case. No one is going to spend the time trying to believe you or figure out who is telling the truth.
6. Mentally ill persons are at the bottom fringes of society. Easy to throw them somewhere away and out of sight.
the three times i went the the mental hospital it was like actual hell. if anything it actually taught me to BETTER HIDE my mental issues from the people around me. they feel like a scam and it always seems that none of the professionals actually care about you at all.
Because they don't.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy