I swear my old legos are just avoiding me thinking of suicide it's so weird

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: pettyqueen, Watlock, MeltingBrain and 3 others
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Sometimes revisiting old pleasures can displace apprehensions and anxieties.

Reactions: woh6, Message In A Bottle, Watlock and 2 others
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
Lego is fun; it's therapeutic. It's a beautiful sensation when you click the pieces together. 😆

Build something awesome and share pictures with us!? 😯❤️

Reactions: theslasher
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
I like it too 😀. It is wonderful if you found something you really like and let you feel good!!

Reactions: theslasher
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Bcse lego = gr8

Reactions: psp3000
wanttogetonthebus

wanttogetonthebus

chronically unlucky
Nov 27, 2021
It's always nice to rekindle things that genuinely make you feel happy. :happy: Many people of all ages like legos or other toys and there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe make some time to explore the hobby further by buying a set you want or building something you're interested in.

Reactions: Regen and theslasher
theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
Been a while since I've used legos, but i always notice that when I actually made something myself with my own 2 hands, it gives me an immense sense of joy. It's a huge step away from some of the college classes that were mind numbingly boring. But making things from wood, or making custom clothes with a needle and thread, making a cool piece of art, getting into that flow state and being able to tangibly experience your creation is something that certainly gives me a reason to live.

Reactions: psp3000 and enough of this
irregularreconcile

irregularreconcile

i'm such a coward; these wretched things i do
Jun 15, 2023
i still love legos!! this isn't weird at all; sentimental things, while yes they can lead to rabbit holes of unhealthy obsession of the past, are also a really great coping tool.

i'm still new here and nervous to discuss some stuff, but a big factor of my life (even though i am kind of teetering in recovery,) has been to let myself indulge in "weird" things if they make me happy. a lot of that being nostalgiac toys, games, etc...

go enjoy what you want!! if you find this helps you, with time it gets easier to let go of stigma, from my own experience.

• Love
Reactions: imissmykitten and unrest
unrest

unrest

Jun 3, 2023
it probably holds a lot of subconscious value for you.

J

just_so_done

Experienced
Apr 16, 2023
If you found something that helps decrease your suicidality then that's awesome. Things we played with when we were younger can be really soothing, a great distraction and allows you to use a different part of your brain and be creative. My one suggestion tho..........don't step on a lego piece!!!

• Yay!
Reactions: irregularreconcile
pettyqueen

pettyqueen

Jun 15, 2023
Legos or any other kind of manual hobbies that require attention (in my case cross stitch) it's a mindful activity that will focus your brain in the here and now instead of in the past of future which usually is what accompany suicidal ideations. It's what everyone nowadays call "mindfulness". Keep at it if it helps :)

J

just_so_done

Experienced
Apr 16, 2023
Legos or any other kind of manual hobbies that require attention (in my case cross stitch) it's a mindful activity that will focus your brain in the here and now instead of in the past of future which usually is what accompany suicidal ideations. It's what everyone nowadays call "mindfulness". Keep at it if it helps :)
That's lovely that you cross stitch! I remember when I was younger I would do needlepoint

Reactions: pettyqueen
pettyqueen

pettyqueen

Jun 15, 2023
I started because I had a physical problem that caused chronic pain. Realised it helped with that and anxiety. Now I do it every day ;) ASMR helps too

Reactions: just_so_done