• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

drownll

drownll

Student
Jul 7, 2023
By default?
Euthanasia should be the default.
The patient should have to declare himself that he wants to live, otherwise euthanize him. Or there should be an official paper you fill out that says, if one day you become a vegetable you wish to be euthanized. (Just like that thing you can fill out to forbid the government or science groups to use your body after your death for research)
As an adult, your family or anyone else should not have the autority over your life.

Reactions: Alex Fermentopathy, huxIey, SoulCage and 11 others
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Because little thought is given to their suffering. They think life in itself is worth the suffering they'll feel. If they suffered the same thing their tune would change real quickly.

Reactions: huxIey, SoulCage, dizzdesi and 7 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Because our world revolves around money and profit, and people make money off of them. That's the sad truth. Instead of freeing them from their suffering and letting them go, they're kept alive and greedy corporations milk their families for money. The healthcare industry is one of the biggest in the country, it generates billions of dollars of revenue each year because there will always be sick people. Unfortunately, everything in this world is about profit and exploitation.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: huxIey, locked*n*loaded, sanction and 16 others
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Because our world revolves around money and profit, and people make money off of them. That's the sad truth. Instead of freeing them from their suffering and letting them go, they're kept alive and greedy corporations milk their families for money. The healthcare industry is one of the biggest in the country, it generates billions of dollars of revenue each year, because there will always be sick people. Unfortunately, everything in this world is about profit and exploitation.

What benefits could medical research provide to society? Some people have to suffer so that others can gain.

How many people can now walk, talk, and live independently as a result of medical advances?

Even if the brain and body can break, there are numerous bodies that can be repaired or upgraded. Imagine how wonderful it was for the person who experienced a medical miracle.

Reactions: sserafim and Homo erectus
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
Because humans are sadistic greedy assholes.

• Yay!
Reactions: huxIey, locked*n*loaded, Onomatopoeia and 6 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
What benefits could medical research provide to society? Some people have to suffer so that others can gain.

How many people can now walk, talk, and live independently as a result of medical advances?

Even if the brain and body can break, there are numerous bodies that can be repaired or upgraded. Imagine how wonderful it was for the person who experienced a medical miracle.
Yeah, but these people are just kept as vegetables in hospitals, and there's no reason for them to keep suffering. There's no medical research being done on them, they're just vegetables because their families refuse to pull the plug because they have hope that they will wake up one day (they won't). I don't think that "some people have to suffer so that others can gain" makes it right. Also, I wouldn't want to be used as medical research if I'm in a coma. I'd prefer to be let go. I do want to donate my brain to science after I die though.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature, Homo erectus, Little_Suzy and 1 other person
FrozenPond

FrozenPond

Mar 1, 2024
Religion, societal ideals and money. People are disgusting

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: huxIey, locked*n*loaded, divinemistress36 and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because humans are such a disgusting, repulsive species that wants to force others to suffer for as much and as long as possible, it truly is evil how the option of euthanasia is denied, the fact that many are forced to suffer in a situation like that is beyond hellish.

• Yay!
Reactions: huxIey, locked*n*loaded, 4am and 1 other person
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Because normal people want to live.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Reactions: locked*n*loaded, divinemistress36, Young.Werther and 2 others
dizzdesi

dizzdesi

Oct 13, 2023
People are very uneducated when it comes to situations like this, which is very unfortunate because it's simple to educate yourself with the internet and it's worth making the effort, the last thing these people need is to be faced with ignorant ableist people. I think society gives more empathy and understanding to suffering animals than their fellow humans, as ridiculous as that sounds.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
People are very uneducated when it comes to situations like this, which is very unfortunate because it's simple to educate yourself with the internet and it's worth making the effort, the last thing these people need is to be faced with ignorant ableist people. I think society gives more empathy and understanding to suffering animals than their fellow humans, as ridiculous as that sounds.
This always seemed so weird to me. People are so quick to euthanize their pets and other animals to put them out of their suffering, but they don't allow the same for people. People who are suffering (and who can communicate and talk about just how much they're suffering) aren't allowed euthanasia, they're expected to keep living and endure their suffering because "life is a gift" and death is the ultimate bad and evil according to pro-lifers. I think this has to do with the belief that human life is "sacred" and that every (human) life is valuable, while animal lives are just dispensable.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Young.Werther
Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
I remember watching that whole Terri Schiavo case when I was in high school. They kept that woman alive for 15 years, even though she was a complete vegetable (sorry for the term). That was 15 years of torture, all for money and media attention. They should have let her die in 1990 when she had that heart attack that killed her brain. This was cruel and unusual punishment.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: huxIey, divinemistress36 and sserafim
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Although I don't know exact full details, but I can almost certainly say this.....

One reason is because families may want to keep that person alive. But the other reason why this request would be granted, is because there is simply money to be made. By providing this service, there is some monthly bill/ invoice sent somewhere at the end of the day, for money to be collected

Whether its providing on-going medicine, different care services (for years), the doctors and nurses getting paid their hourly or monthly salaries, the equipment's being used (someone's making money by providing those equipment's), and the list goes on

If instead, every second, or every hour, of keeping that "vegetable" alive, is instead COSTING someone money, and someone is actually LOSING money every second for years/ decades..... do you think these lovely hospitals will still say yes to it????

It will become a........."Sure, we'll do it. But only if you as the family, CAN COVER THE GOD DAMN BILL". There's no free lunch in this world. Nothing just magically drops out of the sky

It always comes back to money, money, money. Profits, profits, profits. Bills, Invoices, Taxes, etc.

Reactions: huxIey, drownll and sserafim