Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Am I supposed to just have sex all the time? Is that what I should be pursuing?

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad and newave3
T

theloserestloser

Nov 26, 2021
i feel like people say that because they are too bound to their physicality. idk if that makes any sense. i hate having human needs and desires.

Reactions: Emmie, littlelungs, lobster salad and 1 other person
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
I think it's because life is just one big unsatisfying and meaningless distraction from the fact that we're all going to die one day.

And humans get bored really easily; we're constantly in need of something "more".

Reactions: Élégie, _Minsk, demuic and 5 others
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I think it's because life is just one big unsatisfying and meaningless distraction from the fact that we're all going to die one day.

And humans get bored really easily; we're constantly in need of something "more".
Then to die is the most logical. It should be easier to accomplish then

Reactions: newave3
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
Am I supposed to just have sex all the time? Is that what I should be pursuing?
Is that so, you want to do? I'd say get high, play video games. Sure they are distractions, but they are nice ones.

When you get to the point you can't any,ore, ly aren't enjoying anything, then sure, ctb all you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
These activities are meaningless if you don't have the level of caring from other people that people need. A network of people you can count on- family, friends, a committed relationship, and financial stability are the keys. Obviously most people here are locking in at least one of these areas, usually more than one. But for activites to have meaning there needs to be caring in your life from people around you that you can count on- much easiert said than done.

Reactions: Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
These activities are meaningless if you don't have the level of caring from other people that people need. A network of people you can count on- family, friends, a committed relationship, and financial stability are the keys. Obviously most people here are locking in at least one of these areas, usually more than one. But for activites to have meaning there needs to be caring in your life from people around you that you can count on- much easiert said than done.
I have like 2 friends. One we talk on the phone for hours every few weeks. The other I see once a week but it's brief because she's working but we text sometimes. That's about all I have and it's not enough. I talk to my mom like once a week

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I have like 2 friends. One we talk on the phone for hours every few weeks. The other I see once a week but it's brief because she's working but we text sometimes. That's about all I have and it's not enough. I talk to my mom like once a week
It's true that you need to interact in person with people daily who care about you to feel ok. Do you work, or can you get a job- a lot of friendships come from being at work.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
It's true that you need to interact in person with people daily who care about you to feel ok. Do you work, or can you get a job- a lot of friendships come from being at work.
I've come to that conclusion too. Im on disability so working is out until at least my therapy is complete. When I did work years ago, the friendships were shallow and they ended when I left the job. Hookups were easy to get though.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I've come to that conclusion too. Im on disability so working is out until at least my therapy is complete. When I did work years ago, the friendships were shallow and they ended when I left the job. Hookups were easy to get though.
Hookups won't get you any lasting happiness and you could get a disease or a pregnancy with someone you're not connected to- you'll be a lot happier if you decide on a long-term committed relationship as the goal. For friendships if you search on youtube by "how to get deeper friendships" and "how to make a relationship last" you will find a lot of helpful videos- youtube is am amazing resource for things like this. People spend hours working on creating a ten minute video, and they know they won't get enough views to make it worth it unless they have good content, so there is a lot of quality help here.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Hookups won't get you any lasting happiness and you could get a disease or a pregnancy with someone you're not connected to- you'll be a lot happier if you decide on a long-term committed relationship as the goal. For friendships if you search on youtube by "how to get deeper friendships" and "how to make a relationship last" you will find a lot of helpful videos- youtube is am amazing resource for things like this. People spend hours working on creating a ten minute video, and they know they won't get enough views to make it worth it unless they have good content, so there is a lot of quality help here.
I've actually not gone through with many of the hookups that presented themselves to me because of that reason, but a relationship hasn't happened even though I've tried. Being on disability is a turn off and dates, etc is expensive. I'm now left regretting not hooking up more years ago even if it led to herpes, etc.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I've actually not gone through with many of the hookups that presented themselves to me because of that reason, but a relationship hasn't happened even though I've tried. Being on disability is a turn off and dates, etc is expensive. I'm now left regretting not hooking up more years ago even if it led to herpes, etc.
It would be easier and probably better to start working on deeper friendships, depnding on what your interests are. I think your previous post made it sound like you might be able to get off on disability and get into regular employment. That would help. Friendships can often be done without a lot of money, and if you find someone you connect with you can find someone you don't need to spend a lot of money on.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
It would be easier and probably better to start working on deeper friendships, depnding on what your interests are. I think your previous post made it sound like you might be able to get off on disability and get into regular employment. That would help. Friendships can often be done without a lot of money, and if you find someone you connect with you can find someone you don't need to spend a lot of money on.
I have two deep friendships but it consists of just talking and not doing anything like grabbing food or watching a movie. Getting off disability is far off.

Those friends are the only reason I continue to bother with life. I wish they could save me

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I have two deep friendships but it consists of just talking and not doing anything like grabbing food or watching a movie. Getting off disability is far off.

Those friends are the only reason I continue to bother with life.
Two or three deep friendships that included sharing meals together every week and gooing out to a movie or something like that once a week could be enough. There is one friend you see briefly and you talk to your mom- could you get either of these to share a meal at least once a week? The website Meetup in helpful for meeting people, depnding on where you live- I know it is popular in the u.s, with various types of clubs for people to get together - really it's a friendship website, though of course some relationship start here also. This website is used in a lot of other countruies too. If there are Meetup groups active in your area this could help. Some groups get together to go out to eat together or to movies together or for potluck type get togethers at people's houses, etc. - all kinds of things.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Two or three deep friendships that included sharing meals together every week and gooing out to a movie or something like that once a week could be enough. There is one friend you see briefly and you talk to your mom- could you get either of these to share a meal at least once a week? The website Meetup in helpful for meeting people, depnding on where you live- I know it is popular in the u.s, with various types of clubs for people to get together - really it's a friendship website, though of course some relationship start here also. This website is used in a lot of other countruies too. If there are Meetup groups active in your area this could help. Some groups get together to go out to eat together or to movies together or for potluck type get togethers at people's houses, etc. - all kinds of things.
The friend I see briefly is busy as is the other friend. My parents live far away. I considered meetup but I'm embarrassed about disclosing that I'm on disability. People don't understand and judge harshly.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
The friend I see briefly is busy as is the other friend. My parents live far away. I considered meetup but I'm embarrassed about disclosing that I'm on disability. People don't understand and judge harshly.
I've met some really nice people in meetup, it depends on what type of group you join and what the peolep are like, but a lot of meetup groups are specifically for people who have challenges that not everyone has. Just curious, are you in the u.s. or another country, if you wqould want to say? This might hekp to narrow down the kind of groups there. There are a lot of people in the world who are nice and just want to accept you as you are- people who just want to care about you and for you to care bout them. ON youtibe videos about how to make friends could help you sort of which people are being genuinely nice to you.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I've met some really nice people in meetup, it depends on what type of group you join and what the peolep are like, but a lot of meetup groups are specifically for people who have challenges that not everyone has. Just curious, are you in the u.s. or another country, if you wqould want to say? This might hekp to narrow down the kind of groups there. There are a lot of people in the world who are nice and just want to accept you as you are- people who just want to care about you and for you to care bout them. ON youtibe videos about how to make friends could help you sort of which people are being genuinely nice to you.
I've never met such people in my life probably because I don't look friendly due to my appearance that is outside my control.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I've never met such people in my life probably because I don't look friendly due to my appearance that is outside my control.
There are probably things you can change about your appearance that would help- a friendly facial expression goes a long way. What is it about your appearance that you think may hinder connecting with other people?

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
There are probably things you can change about your appearance that would help- a friendly facial expression goes a long way. What is it about your appearance that you think may hinder connecting with other people?
That i look like a rough person with an intimidating build

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
POV: You are depressed.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
POV: You are depressed.
That really is it. I always think my view is objective but it's not. Most other people don't find life's distractions unsatisfying.

Reactions: whatevs
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
Because we have basic needs, if they are not met, hobbies can't replace them.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, demuic, Weebster and 2 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
That i look like a rough person with an intimidating build
I used to life a lot of weights when I was younger, I was pretty big- loose fitting clothing can hide a lot and keep you from being intimidating, it just depends on how you present yourself. I mean if you want close friends it's true that you may need to wear clothes and use body language so that you present yourself as friendly. Look at the Rock - Dwayne Johnson - or Shaquille Oneal- they present themselves as friendly and don't intimidate people despite being huge- but of course they can intikmidate when the situation calls for it. Of courrse there are times when to p[rotect yourself you want to present yourself as tough, but when you're trying to make friends this is not one of those times. Look at Tyson Fury- 6' 9", 270#, heavyweight champ, tough as can be when he wants to be, but he also presents himself in a friendly way most of the time. This is something you can do without sacrificing being tough, which is not a bad thing.
Because we have basic needs, if they are not met, hobbies can't replace them.
Very well said. :)

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Meeting people is so fucking exhausting. I just don't have the energy for it anymore. A lot of them actually make me feel worse and small talk can be so cringe worthy. Plus, I will be gone soon, so what is the bloody point lol Best of luck if you can find interesting folks out there though.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Life itself is very meaningless and boring, all that humans do is just pass the time until they eventually die. The life expectancy is too long, I do not understand how people can put up with this life for many decades. I have no interest in living at all, and there is nothing to look forward to, nothing brings me any enjoyment. To me, there is nothing good about being alive.

Reactions: Message In A Bottle and demuic
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Meeting people is so fucking exhausting. I just don't have the energy for it anymore. A lot of them actually make me feel worse and small talk can be so cringe worthy. Plus, I will be gone soon, so what is the bloody point lol Best of luck if you can find interesting folks out there though.
Are there really that few good, interesting people out there?

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Are there really that few good, interesting people out there?
No, there are a lot of them- in my opinion, the majority of people fit this description- in my opinion all people are interesting if you learn how t see what they have to offer- being interesting is not an issue. And as far as good goes, the majority of people are trying to live positively.

Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Because even the things that aren't considered distractions also fall under all those categories.

M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
idk but sex would eventually fall into that category too