• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

ThatStateOfMind

Paragon
Nov 13, 2021
This is a genuine question but I'm so easily overwhelmed but only at certain times and when I'm thinking of certain things, Sometimes I worry about things I enjoy or need failing or breaking, and that overwhelms me. Sometimes it can even be something as simple as seeing my room messy. Sometimes it's more complex things that are far away, like me considering the logistics of myself moving cities or even states after college. There's so many things I could list here, but I don't have the energy to do so right now (currently feeling overwhelmed).

I guess I'm asking if, one, anyone can explain this and, two, am I alone in this or are other people similar?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, MatrixPrisoner, kunikuzushi and 1 other person
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Some of us are just wired to find life more stressful than others. There are probably structural brain differences that help explain that.

Reactions: ThatStateOfMind and Praestat_Mori
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
Your post made me think of the "window of tolerance". I'm unsure of why you're experiencing a small window of tolerance, but many things can cause that - various trauma, anxieties and so on. I hope for you that you're able to find ways to be more comfortable. 🫂

074d7e 0a7b75a1910a43a1b531996b4a39b289mv2

• Informative
Reactions: lizzywizzy09, lacrimosa, emptyenvelopes and 2 others
M

MyTimeIsUp

I often wonder if there is an afterlife, do you?
Feb 27, 2024
Some people are unable to regulate their own emotions, or struggle to, which causes an individual to become easily overwhelmed, and over think, etc.

Trauma can cause it, or sometimes it just happens. It's how you're wired

I understand as I struggle with this, due to trauma

card1nal

card1nal

trying to find peace by whatever means possible :)
Jan 23, 2023
I experience this, but I'm easily overwhelmed because I'm autistic, have ADHD, and have OCD (unfortunately). For me, it sort of feels like going into a state of freeze when I'm overwhelmed. Instead of dealing with the issue at hand like any healthy person would, it feels like a much bigger hurdle to jump over and my brain catastrophizes. A small task feels like a big one. This usually gets worse during times of high stress. If you relate to this, it doesn't necessarily mean you are autistic, ADHD, or OCD- like others have said, different anxiety disorders or traumas can be the root- but it is worth talking to a professional about if you can, or at least worth looking into. I take anxiety medication and Adderall which helps, thankfully, but I don't have the resources for therapy or anything like that, so I supplement with online workbooks, reaching out to communities who can relate, or researching specific symptoms to see what I can find out. I wish you the best of luck with this though! Being overwhelmed sucks.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
If you have anxiety issues, this is not uncommon. Certain things can trigger you.

Reactions: ThatStateOfMind
T

ThatStateOfMind

Paragon
Nov 13, 2021
I experience this, but I'm easily overwhelmed because I'm autistic, have ADHD, and have OCD (unfortunately). For me, it sort of feels like going into a state of freeze when I'm overwhelmed. Instead of dealing with the issue at hand like any healthy person would, it feels like a much bigger hurdle to jump over and my brain catastrophizes. A small task feels like a big one. This usually gets worse during times of high stress. If you relate to this, it doesn't necessarily mean you are autistic, ADHD, or OCD- like others have said, different anxiety disorders or traumas can be the root- but it is worth talking to a professional about if you can, or at least worth looking into. I take anxiety medication and Adderall which helps, thankfully, but I don't have the resources for therapy or anything like that, so I supplement with online workbooks, reaching out to communities who can relate, or researching specific symptoms to see what I can find out. I wish you the best of luck with this though! Being overwhelmed sucks.
Hmm this very well could be it. I have diagnosed ADHD and anxiety, but I don't want medication, had a bad experience with ADHD meds. Never given much though to anxiety meds.

I can relate immensely on the catastrophizing, as I do the same thing, and it makes the issues seem larger and unmanageable. I've gotten better about it over the last 2 years or so but I still struggle with it a lot, usually when I'm stressed about other matters.

• Hugs
Reactions: card1nal
card1nal

card1nal

Jan 23, 2023
I don't want medication, had a bad experience with ADHD meds.

Yeah, I totally get this. ADHD meds are not for everyone! If you're open to anxiety meds, I'd say look into it and talk to a doctor if you could.

Also, it's great that you at least have some progress with trying not to catastrophize! Even though it sounds kind of corny, being mindful of what your brain is going through as it's happening can make a big difference. It takes a lot of practice, but it helps!

• Love
Reactions: ThatStateOfMind
T

ThatStateOfMind

Paragon
Nov 13, 2021
Yeah, I totally get this. ADHD meds are not for everyone! If you're open to anxiety meds, I'd say look into it and talk to a doctor if you could.

Also, it's great that you at least have some progress with trying not to catastrophize! Even though it sounds kind of corny, being mindful of what your brain is going through as it's happening can make a big difference. It takes a lot of practice, but it helps!
Thanks! I probably won't do anxiety meds anytime soon, but if I do, I will definitely talk to a doctor!

It doesn't sound corny at all to me, I have found that being mindful has helped me immensely! I still fail from time to time, but even the small moments of mindfulness make a difference in that overwhelmed feeling.

It's not as bad now as it was earlier in the day, so hopefully it's completely gone by tomorrow

• Love
Reactions: card1nal
card1nal

card1nal

Jan 23, 2023
It's not as bad now as it was earlier in the day, so hopefully it's completely gone by tomorrow

Oh, nice! I'm glad your brain is starting to sort stuff out for now, at least. If it still doesn't let up much by today though, maybe just stick to trying to be mindful and maybe having a self-care or destressing day!! Simple but very effective

• Hugs
Reactions: ThatStateOfMind and Worndown