Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Problem is I can't just approach a woman in public unless it's work, school, or some social event. I can't work. I'm not in school. I don't have the money or friends to do the social events.

Reactions: Deleted member 22624
starleaf

starleaf

Dec 13, 2019
I can't say specifically for you. As a woman I know sometimes the profiles aren't great. Like I see loads of guys where they are wearing sunglasses in every picture or they don't have a clear picture. Online dating is also super weird, even if it's normalized now. You are not able to pick up on someone's personality or energy at all, even if they have great pictures and great profile descriptions. So it's sort of a weird free for all. Also some apps aren't as popular as others. I feel you though. I did meet a guy I ended up really liking off tinder, but after a couple months he ghosted me. Everything else on tinder and other apps hasn't gone anywhere. I haven't gotten much attention at all. Everyone tells me that with those apps it can take a long time to meet someone too, like a good few months. I hope it can work out for you.

Reactions: Deleted member 14573
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
People in general are just more superficial when all they have to judge a person with is a static picture and a few meaningless words to describe themselves. I'm sure the way you carry yourself in person must be more attractive to women in a way that can't be translated into the online space. I don't know what can really be done about it right now with the way things are sadly. :/

• Love
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
People in general are just more superficial when all they have to judge a person with is a static picture and a few meaningless words to describe themselves. I'm sure the way you carry yourself in person must be more attractive to women in a way that can't be translated into the online space. I don't know what can really be done about it right now with the way things are sadly. :/
I had a psychiatrist who told me I need a gf. I suggested online dating and he said don't do that. I should've listened.

• Wow
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Funny because my therapist said I should try to find one too but suggested online dating only because that's where all the people who are looking for dates are. It's a real shit situation for everyone to be in now if that's our only option besides holding out for a miracle.

• Hugs
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Funny because my therapist said I should try to find one too but suggested online dating only because that's where all the people who are looking for dates are. It's a real shit situation for everyone to be in now if that's our only option besides holding out for a miracle.
My meeting occurred several years ago. He was right regardless. The people online aren't really who you'd want.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Too true.
I saw some of the online dating types while driving around town today. It was nauseating. Being jumbo sized with colored hair and shitty tattoos looks ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 14573

Feb 2, 2020
I tried online dating once in the past and was open to both men and women. I swiped on many women's profiles who were supposedly 'bi' but none of them matched with me. Physically I'm quite attractive I think and I tried to make my bio interesting. I got many matches with men but 0 with women.

I guess that was a small glimpse into what online dating is like for men. I think women can be very picky online and obviously my experience is my own.

Reactions: NumbItAll, Dr Iron Arc and Kramer
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I tried online dating once in the past and was open to both men and women. I swiped on many women's profiles who were supposedly 'bi' but none of them matched with me. Physically I'm quite attractive I think and I tried to make my bio interesting. I got many matches with men but 0 with women.

I guess that was a small glimpse into what online dating is like for men. I think women can be very picky online and obviously my experience is my own.
Yes many women are waking up to how hard it is for men online. It's like a shopping catalogue for women. Most guys can't compete.