• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

OminousVaL

OminousVaL

VaL
Jul 31, 2020
So I am thinking that having my face blown to shreds might be a bit dramatic so why not put this fucking boom stick right over my undead heart and display it all over the drywall?

Reactions: Kat!
in hell out soon

in hell out soon

Student
Apr 27, 2020
You'll feel it longer and well, you'll feel it to begin with. If you're not picky about it being painless or painful that might not be relevant though. You can also survive longer if the bullet gets stuck in a certain way. (Same if you get stabbed!) It's just not as efficient as a successful head CTB. You also might miss (harder with a shotgun I realise but still).

there's probably other reasons that are more scientific but I couldn't tell you much more personally, sorry!

Reactions: Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Higher survival rate in the heart, and not instant like the brain.

Reactions: Panna
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Destroying your heart isn't as instantaneous as your brain since the heart is just a muscle that's far less complex in comparison to the brain with all its neurons and stuff. That's why people whose hearts stop can be brought back to life with those electric "Clear" machines. Plus the pain in the heart area would be amplified and dragged out by your brain in a desperate attempt to try to heal the damage or get help so it's better to just go for the part that's feeling all that pain first.

It's like if you want to topple any large organization or empire, don't go for the worker class. Go for the bodies in charge before they raise the alarm and try to fix things or replace those workers.

Reactions: _Minsk
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
A shot in the chest can keep you awake for more than 15 seconds in agony

OminousVaL

OminousVaL

VaL
Jul 31, 2020
I appreciate the responses thank all of you.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
One of my 2 best friends tried to kill himself by shooting himself in the heart with a .357 magnum.

He missed his heart and blew a chunk of his left lung out of his back, along with splinters of his completely shattered scapula.

He lived, and now has one less lung and a single shoulder blade.

Reactions: Gnip
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Have you ever seen 'Lost'?

R

ReadyToLeave

Sep 20, 2020
Are hearts are pretty much already dead anyway. Otherwise most of us wouldn't be here.

Reactions: Marauder and TripleA
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
This is why. Also if you're shot through the heart, and you're to blame, you give love, a bad name.
Face mcshooty

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, Good4Nothing and OminousVaL
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
1. The brain is the consciousness. This means that everything you are is stored in your brain. Consciousness doesn't reside anywhere specific, since it is multiple processes at once. Three structures process physical pain, the brain stem, the thalamus, and the cerebral cortex. The majority of pain processing takes place in the sensory cortex.

2. While the heart may pump blood and in old times in fact determined whether someone was truly alive or not, it's not that important in terms of death as the brain. You can last as long as 3 minutes without the heart.

3. It's generally quick. With a shotgun load, which would be a 1/4 oz. slug in this case, it's extremely powerful, and the gas expansion from the temporal cavity is huge. With the power of this round you probably wouldn't even hear the gun go off in time.

There was a cool little fact I learned, there's something called "the sledgehammer effect". Basically, when a prisoner is on death row, and is getting the electric chair, the sponge or bridge for the electricity to get to the brain is wet, and they say that the initial shock from the chair is equal to a sledgehammer to the head. It's instantaneous.

Reactions: Trannydiary, LastFlowers and OminousVaL
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
At the end of WW II in Japan, Hideki Tojo tried it, reportedly even getting a doctor to place a charcoal mark where he was supposed to aim his pistol at his heart. It missed, he was taken into custody, recovered from his wound, then was placed on trial, convicted and hung as a war criminal, the highest ranking official of WW II to be formally executed. Hitler wasn't about to let this happen to him at the hands of the Soviets (or what Hitler had seen happen to Mussolini at the hands of a partisan mob), so Adolf wisely bit down on a cyanide capsule the instant before blowing his brains out. (Any more questions?)

item_68325_1.jpg
tojo-being-helped.jpg
Japanese-ex-premier-admits-war-guilt-after-suicide-attempt.jpg
0_19c5fb_488cd742_orig.jpg
portrait-of-hideki-tojo-in-court-3.jpg

Reactions: Good4Nothing, Dr Iron Arc and OminousVaL
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Yes, they handed them out to most of the high ranking officials. In terms of the military, only Generalfeldmarschalls had access to this aside from the SS. This was because field marshals had a lot of battle plans, know-how on their military and so forth.
It was a little glass vial that would break in your teeth, and the glass would help make your mouth bleed so it could enter the bloodstream.
I read that story about the guy who shot himself in the chest with that marker, it was ironically sad. In the "killing the rising sun" by Bill O'Reilly.
I believe right before he made the ignorant move to disclose his position by yelling " I am Hideki Tojo! "

Reactions: Gnip
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Well, my sentiment is that I dont wish to destroy my head in the case I survive. Im a serious cutter so I can locate arteries, and I would just shoot into the femoral or the main one in the stomach. More pain is fine by me, I want pain and I want this to hurt. Thats why Im BridgeJumper and not SNDrinker :)

U

Umbrellaterm

All parents are evil incarnate
Oct 22, 2020
There's a video on some gore site with a Russian guy who gets denied by his gf and then he runs off and shoots himself in the heart and falls flat on the ground.
2 minutes later his corpse explodes..

• Wow
Reactions: Good4Nothing and BridgeJumper
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
There's a video on some gore site with a Russian guy who gets denied by his gf and then he runs off and shoots himself in the heart and falls flat on the ground.
2 minutes later his corpse explodes..
Wut? How??

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
The death is slower and less reliable. There is a lot more bone and tissue around the heart that can interfere with things and you could easily end up with massive trauma without death.

K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Shooting yourself in the chest with any higher caliber honestly would ensure that you won't be resuscitated, but it's not worth it.
the reason I say this is because your brain can survive a decent amount of damage, trauma, etc. as compared to the heart.
there was two state patrol officers who were shot in a gunfight at a pretty close distance. One of them was hit in the head and brain dead at the scene, but he was revived somehow.