N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Yeah I have real issues with the concept of intelligence. At least I am not this kind of guy who is obsessed by IQ tests. I have met a lot of them. I think they (the tests) are pretty useless. You can train them and what do you get from that? I rather try to spend my time on more helpful stuff. I try to educate myself a lot. Maybe another reason is I am kind of scared to get a bad result of such an IQ test. Yeah but keep it as a secret - act like I had never wrote that. LOL.
Okay jokes aside. I think IQ tests are really to a certain degree not that important because people just flex with them. That you can learn how to achieve better results make them kind of useless for me. I won't spend my time for getting a better result just so that I am needy enough to flex to other people with the result. Yeah I also met a lot of people who did that. Sometimes it is kind of embarrassing imo.

I have kind of the imposter syndrome. Maybe you can relate to that? Or I am really doing that. I think to a certain degree I am really a fraud. I am convinced about that tbh.

Impostor syndrome (also known as impostor phenomenon or impostorism) is a psychological occurrence in which an individual doubts their skills, talents, or accomplishments and has a persistent internalized fear of being exposed as a fraud. Despite external evidence of their competence, those experiencing this phenomenon do not believe they deserve their success or luck. They may incorrectly attribute it to the Matthew effect, or they may think that they are deceiving others because they feel as if they are not as intelligent as they outwardly portray themselves to be. Impostor syndrome can stem from and result in strained personal relationships and can hinder individuals from achieving their full potential in their fields of interest. When impostor syndrome was first conceptualized, it was viewed as a phenomenon that was common among high-achieving females. However, further research has shown that it affects both males and females equally. Individuals with imposter syndrome often have corresponding mental health issues, which may be treated with psychological interventions, though the phenomenon is not a formal mental disorder.

"they may think that they are deceiving others because they feel as if they are not as intelligent as they outwardly portray themselves to be" I can relate to that 100%. Though I think it is a true statement in my case. I am extremely pathological when I try to impress other people with my intelligence. It is really pathetic in my opinion. I made embarrassing things in the past. I tried to flex with my physics skills and I barely have any knowledge on that. Yeah I was highly manic to that time. But I am still doing comparable bullshit till today. This stems from my bullying as a teenager. So many people told me I was stupid and made fun of me. Yeah that really shaped my thinking. Fuck my brain.

My therpist thinks I just had this imposter syndrome. Maybe it is true to a certain degree. However I think it partly describes very accurately my insane behavior.

I have linked it to the first question in the title. I am often so scared people expose me as a fraud. I am really scared in college. The smartest person I have met has completely seen through my charade. He was a physics professor who was exceptionally smart. He was insanely smart. I am even able to deceive people with PhDs. I have done that quite often. But he did not buy it for any second. He was very annoyed by my pathological behavior to act as if I was very smart. He complimented me that I was very eloquent. Though he also criticized me a lot. This man was extremely annoyed by me. And I was fascinated by him. I hoped he could give me some help on my unsolvable problems. I mean he was the smartest person I have ever met. And yes he could help me kind of. He said the future is unpredictable. I think I gonna ctb no matter what. He helped me to get more agnostic about it. I try to learn that we cannot see forsee our lives. Surprises can happen.

However it is still true he got really mad at me due to my behavior. I have met him again some months ago. I tried to keep the contact short. I was kind of ashamed how intrusive my behavior was the last time.

I think there are some possible reasons why he was not convinced that I was that smart. The most possible scenario is. Yes I am kind of a fraud and he exposed me. I think we had epistemeological different approaches. He had the opinion you only have knowledge in a certain field if you habilitated in that field. And my approach is reading bullshit in the media. Feeling arrogant, making bold, stupid and naive claims about things I barely have knowledge on. LOL.
Though maybe he had not enough knowledge to recognize my language skills. I mean his subject is physics. Yeah I tell me that so that I don't have to cry too much about it when I think about it. I am only joking since I take my medication I barely can cry anymore.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: FinalDestiny