demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Philosophical such as a world view or feeling about society or life/death itself. Things such as nihilism, anti-natalism, anti-civilization/work, stoicism, and others..?

Did you adopt this world view before or after wanting to CTB?

For me, I think I started to see the needless suffering in the world, and and questioned many institutions such as religion and the government, even before thinking about suicide, and I also saw the pointlessness/meaningless of life. Then life circumstances and things happened, which lead me to wanting suicide, and my beliefs remained the same.

Do you believe someone with an ideology/mindset like yours can be happy in this world or will all want to CTB sooner or later?

What are your thoughts?

tl:dr the title

• Hugs
Reactions: Life is pointless, pthnrdnojvsc, it's_all_a_game and 12 others
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
For me it is both but I feel that philosophy which I adhere to despite desperate attempts to show is false is a major contributing factor.
I think someone like me can only have very brief moments of joy which will only serve as a means to hurt them more after the fact.

Reactions: Life is pointless, pthnrdnojvsc, Noriv159 and 2 others
OopsIdidntwanttodie

OopsIdidntwanttodie

Ctb by the 20th of December
Oct 11, 2020
Do you believe someone with an ideology/mindset like yours can be happy in this world or will all want to CTB sooner or later?

What are your thoughts?

Knowing how messed up my mind is at the moment, no. After wanting to CTB I have become quite pensive and I have a hard time seeing the point in anything. I was bound to feel this way because of the abuse and trauma that gave me these characteristics. Now all I see is the suffering of the world, idk how I can unsee it.

Reactions: demuic
A

adam

Mar 21, 2019
As for me i want CTB because I am well aware of my intellectual limitations, which put pressure on me. I've always strived to be the best in everything I do, but I've found a lot of people who are superior to me in all the things I want to excel at. It bothers me very much, it bothers me that I can't give anything to humanity, that I live an empty life.

• Hugs
Reactions: saltshaker, Life is pointless, it's_all_a_game and 3 others
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I have many reasons why I want to ctb. I suppose if it was in pie chart it'd be like anxiety, depression, agoraphobia, panic disorder, other sufferings I have, philosophical reasons, and future.

GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
I'm a pessimistic absurdist but hedonism can keep the fire burning a little longer.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Discovered myself an existentialist when I came to the conclusion that life is meaningless and all I had left to do was die. A lot has happened since then, but I still feel that way sometimes. Sometimes though I can reinterpret that conclusion as a way to keep going, keep livin, just in a different way, die without dying.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game
V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
for my philosophy, humanity is just a grain of sand in the infinite universe and the space time, human are on earth since a very short time compared to the life of the planet and some other species (dinosaurs for examples), Cleopatra is most closest to our society in time than the first egg come before the chicken.

If any human disappear tomorrow, it will not have any consequences compared to the universe life time, we are nothing for my point of view, we are only short stories in the infinite of time who will forgot anyone of us, maybe in a future civilization, maybe in a future intelligent form of life, but we will all be forgotten in this infinite concept of time. And maybe one day, universe will become cold and dead with no kind of living creature on any planets, or collapse in another big bang, we can't know.

So no, my philosophy is not my reason, following it I know that with or without me, time will not stop and if I live or if I don't, I will be forgotten, maybe my parents and friends will remember me, but when they will die, it still be no one to do it (I never mind about my great grandfather for example, I never known him and I don't know anything about him, I just know that he existed, it will be the same for me with future generations, and if I do something cool, maybe I will be on a history book, and then forgotten than the young students who don't care about it, then overridden by another person in the future)

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, elfgyoza and EconomcDisparity
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
For me, I think I started to see the needless suffering in the world, and and questioned many institutions such as religion and the government, even before thinking about suicide, and I also saw the pointlessness/meaningless of life. Then life circumstances and things happened, which lead me to wanting suicide, and my beliefs remained the same.
same.

i doubt it to be possible to keep such beliefs and not crave death. but who knows, the majority of philosophers engaged with this view did not suicide, so maybe, that's a possibility.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and demuic
bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
As for me i want CTB because I am well aware of my intellectual limitations, which put pressure on me. I've always strived to be the best in everything I do, but I've found a lot of people who are superior to me in all the things I want to excel at. It bothers me very much, it bothers me that I can't give anything to humanity, that I live an empty life.
You wouldn't consider teaching? There's a difference between originality / intellectual advancement and contributing to humanity, right?

Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
Interesting thread. My reason for ctb is not just limited to trauma, but yes, philosophical reasons as well.

Reactions: LittleBabyNothing and demuic
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Yea I have much philosophical reasons. its not only philosophical but mathematical as well. Humans are self-contradictory and its impossible to avoid or resolve those contradictions. For example, Is there a way to solve all the problems for all humans? No. (Incompleteness theorem, halting problem, Entscheidungsproblem and other related problems).

Additionally, life and existence are self-contradictory. Humans exist (life) and not exist (death) which makes them inherently self-contradictory. Do people live to live or live to not live?

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Noriv159 and demuic
bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
Yea I have much philosophical reasons. its not only philosophical but mathematical as well. Humans are self-contradictory and its impossible to avoid or resolve those contradictions. For example, Is there a way to solve all the problems for all humans? No. (Incompleteness theorem, halting problem, Entscheidungsproblem and other related problems).

Additionally, life and existence are self-contradictory. Humans exist (life) and not exist (death) which makes them inherently self-contradictory. Do people live to live or live to not live?
I confess I cannot follow this at all.

elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
I realised how pointless life was years ago, probably while I was learning physics - the big bang, the possibility of an infinitely expanding universe, the life cycle of stars. I didn't know it at the time, but I know it's nhilism now; life has no meaning, one day the sun will obliterate the earth and the universe will just carry on, no one will even know humans existed.
Some people realise the pointless-ness and feel more at ease, they'll think that since it doesn't matter, they can do anything they want with their life. However, my pessimism interprets nhilism and tells me 'if there's no point then why even bother at all?'. Then the depression and suffering I face tells me I should just CTB. If there is no point and the life I have is too difficult, I see death as the only rational choice, I'm going to die anyway so why can't I do it on my own terms.

My views stemming from nhilism also make me apathetic when it comes to CTB. If life doesn't matter then why should I feel guilty for leaving people behind, people I love? They will die eventually too and we'll all be forgotten about. I know that would be interpreted as having a complete lack of empathy by most people so I don't tend to share these views. And I no longer see suicide as a 'bad' option, I worry I'll end up romanticising death, but for now I see it as a good thing, it will solve all of my problems and it sounds peaceful - this alone would make my family/friends freak tf out if they knew this is how I feel. I'm grateful I can share this on SS
That was a long post, sorry and thank you if you read this far lmao

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Friend_A
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I share many of the philosophical beliefs often expressed by others on this site, but I wouldn't say it's the driving force of my decision to ctb. I want to kill myself because of how life has turned out for me. Knowing that I have no viable future of happiness or usefulness, I see no point in going on. These philosophies perhaps serve to support my decision, but they don't drive it.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I also saw the pointlessness/meaningless of life.
I'm not yet convinced life is meaningless. It could be but I think there is something here that's big and staring us in the face to the point we can't see it.

We are like people who are chained up in a dark cave thinking that is all there is when outside is sunshine, beauty and freedom and we don't know it's there. And I'm not sure we can't free ourselves and leave the cave any time we want to if we can just find the key. I'm not talking about death. I'm talking about doing it right here right now right where we are.

Last edited: