M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
I feel like it's almost a subconscious method of self-harm. Haven't had a cigarette in over a day now but ready for one.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: FranCanSee, Fragile, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
Deleted member 17331

Deleted member 17331

The swan sang with a broken neck
Apr 21, 2020
I understand, I admire substances that can hurt me inside, so I avoid many judgments (Compared to self-harm, I have scars, and when people see, they look at me with disgust).

I am sensitive to cigarettes, when I smoke I feel my pressure start to drop and how I can fall anytime.

In summary: I smoke because of the feeling of falling, and I feel that no matter how much I am falling, no one will ever be there to save me.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: FranCanSee, Fragile and madbananas
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
I understand, I admire substances that can hurt me inside, so I avoid many judgments (Compared to self-harm, I have scars, and when people see, they look at me with disgust).

I am sensitive to cigarettes, when I smoke I feel my pressure start to drop and how I can fall anytime.

In summary: I smoke because of the feeling of falling, and I feel that no matter how much I am falling, no one will ever be there to save me.

I don't get the pressure drop feeling but I get the heart racing. I just sit out my back garden, smoke a cigarette and cry. Your summary is relatable:heart: hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: FranCanSee and Deleted member 17331
Acerakis

Acerakis

Carer
Jun 5, 2020
If have some on me then I will usually go through them when down but I don't smoke often so I usually don't have any anyway. I don't find I have the motivation to go out to get them when I am low.

• Love
Reactions: FranCanSee, Élégie and madbananas
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
If have some on me then I will usually go through them when down but I don't smoke often so I usually don't have any anyway. I don't find I have the motivation to go out to get them when I am low.

I am like that. Thankfully my mum smokes and just lets me have hers. If she didn't though, I also wouldn't be going out to get some.

• Hugs
Reactions: FranCanSee
Acerakis

Acerakis

Carer
Jun 5, 2020
I used to use smoking as an excuse to get away from social situations for a bit to calm down and it was nice to chat to people outside in a smaller group without a ton of voices all around. But a I've not really been going to anything that stressed me out like that for a while.

• Love
Reactions: FranCanSee and madbananas
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
I used to use smoking as an excuse to get away from social situations for a bit to calm down and it was nice to chat to people outside in a smaller group without a ton of voices all around. But a I've not really been going to anything that stressed me out like that for a while.

Same here. I would love going outside during a break in class at college, getting outside of the classroom and away from all the people was calming.

Reactions: FranCanSee
Acerakis

Acerakis

Carer
Jun 5, 2020
Smoke breaks seemed really common during the first time I tried Uni but on my current course they don't really happen. Not sure if that is just the changing times or just a different mindset of the faculty on different courses.

• Love
Reactions: FranCanSee and madbananas
Krash1990

Krash1990

Student
May 31, 2020
I went from not smoking to almost two packs a day when my world crumbled:/

• Hugs
Reactions: FranCanSee, Deleted member 17331, Élégie and 2 others
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
I do . It's a bad cycle cause it makes me eat less which doesn't help any

• Hugs
Reactions: FranCanSee, Deleted member 17331 and madbananas
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I do. Been smoking for almost 30 years now.
Still not dead...

• Hugs
Reactions: FranCanSee, Deleted member 17331 and Final Escape
cosmonaut

cosmonaut

May 17, 2020
Whenever I'm feeling incredibly suicidal I have like 5-6 cigarettes at a time. This maybe happens like once or twice a month, otherwise I never smoke. I find smoking tobacco so calming that I sometimes wish I could do it more often, but packs are pricey and I don't like the smell afterwards

Reactions: Élégie and Final Escape
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I chain smoke em when I'm on edge too but it barely does anything to be honest. Just get that nasty taste of when you've had too much nicotine and that's about it.

Reactions: Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I do. Been smoking for almost 30 years now.
Still not dead...
Lol! Right it varies. Some people dying after 5 years of smoking others not till 99 lol!
I tried my friends little e cig looking device the other day and suddenly want one. I have never been a smoker. Only weed. So I guess iam, just not tobacco products.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Brick In The Wall
Doormat

Doormat

Life is never so bad that it can't get any worse
May 22, 2020
I remember reading somewhere that there is a chemical in cigs that temporarily lifts mood. Smoking is disproportionately high in people with mental health issues. Sorry I can't remember the reference though

Reactions: Deleted member 17331