Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
I thought might be interesting to share with one another who we admire, who are hero's and idols are? I have several which will share, but for now good to hear yours...........

Reactions: faust and Mud.
Meena

Meena

Student
Jun 7, 2018
Lisbeth Salander (millenium)

Reactions: Mud., Sensei and Thereisnothing
lowres

lowres

Scum
Feb 9, 2019
I dont have anyone that i particularely idolize. most of my inspirations are artistic tho so people like, Inio Asano, Satoshi Kon, misaaki yuuasa, hideo kojima, chris o'neill, zach hadel, stampertv and spazkid are people who i really like the work of and take inspiration from

Reactions: Mr2005, Nemeshisu, MysticPerception and 3 others
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
My grandpa,may he rest in peace.WW2 vet,wounded in action.Hard worker and family man all his life and great outdoorsman.He talked tough and was tough,but had a tender heart,always the first to try to help someone in trouble.

• Love
Reactions: Halo13, thepolarbear, Nemeshisu and 8 others
departing

departing

Enlightened
Jul 5, 2019
My father. He did some things that I have a hard time forgiving him for but, overall, he was a good man. May Dad Rest in Peace.

• Love
Reactions: thepolarbear, MysticPerception, Epsilon0 and 4 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Marcus Aurelius. He was a Roman emperor who was ethical and made the effort to walk his talk. He owned his responsibility to his people, he was open to criticism, he practiced humility and good boundaries, he always worked to improve himself.

Reactions: Halo13, Nemeshisu, BasedGod and 4 others
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
Marcus Aurelius. He was a Roman emperor who was ethical and made the effort to walk his talk. He owned his responsibility to his people, he was open to criticism, he practiced humility and good boundaries, he always worked to improve himself.
Marcus Aurelius a good choice, always admired him and his words/quotes.

Reactions: Halo13 and Mud.
Xena87

Xena87

Queen of the night
Dec 9, 2019
Hiya. I have great admiration for:
Germaine Greer
Joan of Ark
Big and Little Edie Beale (of grey gardens)
Vincent Van Gogh
AILEEN WUORNOS
Jesus Christ
Michael Jackson
Banaz Mahmod
Sinead o Connor
My Mother

I may have have missed a few people..

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Halo13, Nemeshisu, MysticPerception and 4 others
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
Hiya. I have great admiration for:
Germaine Greer
Joan of Ark
Big and Little Edie Beale (of grey gardens)
Vincent Van Gogh
AILEEN WUORNOS
Jesus Christ
My Mother

I may have have
Aileen Wuornos is an interesting choice, care to elaborate?

Xena87

Xena87

Queen of the night
Dec 9, 2019

Aileen Wuornos is an interesting choice, care to elaborate?

Yes, Aileen Wuornos and I have had a very similar upbringing and life. I obviously have never murdered people as of yet lol. I understand Aileen! We would definitely have been friends!

Reactions: Mud. and Thereisnothing
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
George Orwell. He really thought outside the box and never hesitated to go against the flow. Everything by Orwell I've read is interesting and insightful.

• Love
Reactions: Halo13, Nemeshisu, faust and 4 others
C

ctbUniquectb

Pariah
Jan 7, 2020
My an hero is Mitchell Henderson

Reactions: Mud.
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
Richey Edwards and Adrian Borland

M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
My mother
Vincent Van Gogh
Leonard Cohen

the last two aren't heroes per say, but if I could meet someone in another universe and have a drink with them, it would be those two.

• Love
Reactions: faust, Mud., Xena87 and 1 other person
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
Andrew Latimer. He has made a lot of my favorite music, and is a multi-instrumentalist like me.

There are some cool people in the world, but I can't completely respect anyone who has children.

Mud.

Mud.

Arcanist
Oct 27, 2018
My mother. My best friend and the coolest, kindest, most honest person I've ever met.
She died last year. I miss her so much.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Halo13, thepolarbear, BasedGod and 6 others
mukluk0713

mukluk0713

Loves you all!
Jan 30, 2020
Freddie Mercury (or Farrokh Bulsara, I suppose) is one for me. Such an introvert and private person but became someone totally different for the stage. Fed off of the crowd's energy, had such an amazing voice. I still love watching him performing Barcelona with Montserrat Caballe.

• Love
Reactions: Halo13, Mr2005, Thereisnothing and 1 other person
xBrialesana

xBrialesana

Become Dust With Me, My Love.
Dec 17, 2019
Freddie Mercury (or Farrokh Bulsara, I suppose) is one for me. Such an introvert and private person but became someone totally different for the stage. Fed off of the crowd's energy, had such an amazing voice. I still love watching him performing Barcelona with Montserrat Caballe.

:heart::heart::heart: I, along with so many others, have such a love for this man as well

• Love
Reactions: Thereisnothing and mukluk0713
Xena87

Xena87

Queen of the night
Dec 9, 2019
My mother. My best friend and the coolest, kindest, most honest person I've ever met.
She died last year. I miss her so much.

Energy never dies and her love for you will endure in the unseen dimensions. Much love

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mud., Thereisnothing and mukluk0713
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
As for me the list would be:

Mikhail Bulgakov
Viktor Tsoi
Nikola Tesla

mukluk0713

mukluk0713

Loves you all!
Jan 30, 2020
As for me the list would be:

Mikhail Bulgakov
Viktor Tsoi
Nikola Tesla

Big ups for Nikola Tesla! Dude was on another level.

Reactions: Halo13, Mud. and faust
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
I recall when Freddie was on BBC radio news announcing to the world he was ill, I was taking a bath at the time...........not long after he passed...........always admired his work, not a big fan or anything, but he sure gave the world so much in his music and performing.

• Love
Reactions: Halo13, Mud. and mukluk0713
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
I recall when Freddie was on BBC radio news announcing to the world he was ill, I was taking a bath at the time...........not long after he passed...........always admired his work, not a big fan or anything, but he sure gave the world so much in his music and performing.
The illness which took so many lives. I often think about Forrest Gump, he loved her all his life but was too late...

• Love
Reactions: Xena87, Mud., mukluk0713 and 1 other person
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
This is gonna sound cliche, but the biggest one would definitely be my mom. She was the kind of woman who always put others before herself. She was so loving and kind hearted, I literally heard people say she inspired them to be better people. Unfortunately she passed away almost 6 years ago. I was the last person to be with her before she went and I miss her every single day. But, she still inspires me to try and help others whenever I can. Rest in peace mom. You will always be remembered by all the lives you touched.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: thepolarbear, Thereisnothing and Mud.
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Evangelos Odysseus Papathanassiou

Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
This is gonna sound cliche, but the biggest one would definitely be my mom. She was the kind of woman who always put others before herself. She was so loving and kind hearted, I literally heard people say she inspired them to be better people. Unfortunately she passed away almost 6 years ago. I was the last person to be with her before she went and I miss her every single day. But, she still inspires me to try and help others whenever I can. Rest in peace mom. You will always be remembered by all the lives you touched.
Not a cliche at all. My beloved mum is one of my heroes, she sadly passed in 2012 and miss her greatly. Sounds like yours and mine lived by the same ethos of always putting others first and doing all they could...........beautiful :heart: ......................I am alone now as lost my other hero my dad before Christmas, he was the only other person who ever truly cared and loved me............dont know how to keep going now...............have severe health problems and existing is bad enough but when you have noone at all, cant even put it into words.