N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am a "Kosumopfer" a victim of consumption and capitalism.

My coping skill is to spend money. However, recently I am ordering mostly from China. First I looked down at people who buy from Temu. Personally, I don't use Temu there are better platforms with better quality and more products to choose from. But there are many gems you can find. It is wild how cheap these products are. China gives high subventions seemingly. The German chancellor party (which I vote for) wants to introduce tarifs on such orders (sadly). This makes me sad but I also see where they are coming from. Now for me this increases my instinct to order cheap stuff as long as possible. Beforehand I ordered from Amazon but it is quite expensive there in comparison. I am like a little child waiting for the order to arrive. Everyday I check the tracking number and the post service.

I think it is horrible for the environment and climate. Moreover, for local stores. But it gives me dopamine boosts. And the money is still better invested than in the gacha games I play. Lol.

pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Experienced
Jan 27, 2024
tbh sometimes i cave and do it, but recently i realise i can comission people so i have and will continue to comission people so its handmade and they get my money directly depending on the product. its cool cause you can get whatever you want. shopping is such a rush though but the guilt and money missing hits so im trying not to misuse my money from work too much. i guess its limbo where you dont have enough to support yourself and move out but have enough to go buy whatever

T

timetosleep

Feb 19, 2019
I order a lot of cheap and unique stuff from China as well. It's not good for the environment, but my pocket can't handle the local price. I also work so much that I don't have much time to do anything else, so I spend money shopping for hobby things.

sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Experienced
Dec 14, 2023
I've been ordering from Shein as an act of pure defiance. I don't like it the least, but when I was retraumatized last year I placed an order despite my guilt because I felt as if the world isn't good on me, why should I be good on it?

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I buy expensive things from overseas. I figure if it's cheap and shitty I can get it from Walmart or Five Below. But I do need to quit retail therapy entirely. It's just a trap.

RosebyAnyName

RosebyAnyName

Staring at the ceiling for 6 hours
Nov 9, 2023
I also shop as a coping mechanism, and online shopping is so much more tempting than in-person shopping. My only saving grace is that I tend to buy from niche indie brands directly rather than large shopping platforms like Temu, but it's so much more expensive and I still use aliexpress if I can't find what I want. I'm trying to wean myself off of shopping altogether because I know it doesn't help me in the long run but it's a struggle.