N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I don't get why so many fans follow their idols blindly. I am a huge fan of Eminem but his new song is garbage. Not the music or the lyrics. They were good but not as good as the old Eminem. My main criticism is the fucking advertisement for NFTs. The whole song is just a dedication for NFTs. As I said I really like Eminem but this is way too greedy of him. Of course he probably has managers who push him in this direction. But it is just cancer to promote his NFTs in such a cheap way. I am so fed up by the commerce and greed of so many famous people/popular brands.

I was once a big football/soccer fan. But then I realized it is not anymore about the sports it is only a competition for the biggest profits- Maybe this was always the case. But I think the problem grows and grows. World cups in dictatorships. People are dying for building these stadiums. Most clubs sponsored by Qatar or other non-democratic countries. I am so sick of it.

For me NFTs are mostly scams. I know there is trade, I know there is the metaverse. But for me this is only a mean to show status and flex with your money. People buy for 400 k virtual houses while so many people on earth have to sleep on the street. This world is rotten. It is just ridiculous. I don't think these people are very cool for all their rare NFTs etc. These people are selfish idiots. And all the people who support this shit just increase the problem. Normally the people should think rationally about it. Such status symbols are useless and not worth a cent unless we give them this power. And yeah the society is shit and so many people fall for it. They should use one's loaf.

Maybe I am the one who does not know anything. MAabe the metaverse and NFTs will be our future. And I just don't recognize that trend. Though there are hints that there is just a huge bubble. Just look at the crypto currencies. Suddenly people realize what they are worth when the system is close to the collapse. Yeah but I think even crypto currencies have a way bigger value than NFTs. Maybe I am just an idiot who does not realize the true potential of this devlopment. When the internet became popular I was hesitant. Maybe history repeats and we will soon sit all toghter in the metaverse. I read a lot about it. But I honestly don't know much about IT. I think there are some usefull advantages that come along with it.

But I have some doubts. The people will still have a physical body. Will people go into fitness centers to train their virtual body? If I have no apartment in real life why should I spend money in the virtual world for it. What is the benefit of a digital car if I don't have one in real life. Maybe the answer is: the metaverse will be a place for the decadent rich people just to flex. Though I doubt that the metaverse was sustainable if only a small fraction of the population would join it .

This thread has several topics. Lol. I also want to talk about Kevin Spacey in this thread. I searched for a coherent way to include him. But I think there are no official Kevin Spacey NFTs. I wonder why no company wants to make such NFTs of him? (irony)
I just wanted to express that blindness for celebrities is dangerous. I once was a fan of him. But what he did was disgusting. Roundabout one year ago there was a video of him. It was quite insane. He acted like the sexual abuse allegations were just a plot of a TV series. This man has some serious problems. I now hate him. His behavior was disgusting. I am proud not be a fan anymore. It showed me that there are more important things than skillful traits.

And in general it is unhealthy to worship celebritites. Someone should tell me that concerning David Foster Wallace. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: NumbItAll