N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I don't like the chat very much. Sometimes I PM with some people. But I don't want to become too close with other people due the potential traumata that can be caused when someone close ctb.
Am I the only one who barely uses the public chat? I don't really like it. It encourages the exchange of more intimate thoughts. At least this is what I feel like.
I have the feeling many private chat conversations stem from it. I am also too paranoid to chat with other people about intimate stuff because I really have a high mistrust. This is mostly caused by my illness. But due to the events this might be even good.
Maybe other people might perceive it differently. It must be a huge work for the staff to have a look at it in order to regulate it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lobster salad, Passersby, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 6 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
By public chat do you mean the basic chat room other than one-on-one conversations?
Is it more public than the site itself?
I did not realize this..
I usually stay away from the chat room for other reasons, much different crowd in there most of the time, I've come across a few good people but also some outlandish levels of ego and immaturity more fitting for a teen chat.
One member said awhile ago, something to the effect of "Who let the tiktokers into the chat?", and although somewhat of a stereotype, that about sums up quite a few of my interactions on there or even just when I sit back and bear witness.

As for privacy, idk that it ends in any more private conversations than the general forum does, but like I said, I also don't frequent the chat so idk that I'm the best example as to what more typical involvement with it leads to.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, Passersby, GentleJerk and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not think I have ever used the public chat. I do not do private messaging at all. I simply have no need for any of it. I only ever look at the forums as a way to pass time.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, Looooser, allesistgut and 7 others
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
Sometimes when feeling particularly lonely but usually come away irritated because the amount of terrible takes or generalizing one's misery to all of existence is staggering.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: GentleJerk, Rogue Proxy, allesistgut and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I used the public chat prob 2 times, was ignored , guess they have the same members there at a daily basics, abs when someone try to get in gets ignored, that's what I experienced . Also with all respect I felt it was more for a younger crowd. But it's good it's there,

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, demuic, Looooser and 7 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I used the public chat prob 2 times, was ignored , guess they have the same members there at a daily basics, abs when someone try to get in gets ignored, that's what I experienced . Also with all respect I felt it was more for a younger crowd. But it's good it's there,
It can definitely be cliquey, I was ignored quite a few times as well lol, but that bothered me much less than some other things I saw on there.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Looooser, GentleJerk, allesistgut and 2 others
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I used to be on chat a lot. It's definitely more of a feeling of hanging out and having a conversation. I don't use it anymore because of social anxiety and just being too busy to chat.

• Hugs
Reactions: Looooser, GentleJerk, allesistgut and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
It can definitely be cliquey, I was ignored quite a few times as well lol, but that bothered me much less than some other things I saw on there.
Very true, I still dint go there, not for me, but respect people who go.

• Hugs
Reactions: Looooser, allesistgut, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I don't use it, I've looked at it once or twice out of curiosity and it's usually fucking boring, but also there's something l find a bit off about it that l can't put my finger on. It's often used by the types who like to come here and make a big impact, attract the pm slides, make as many friends as possible on a superficial level with no real discernment, form cliques and ostensibly "deep" connections, and idk exactly why but it just looks fake as fuck.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: PurpleVoid, justsayin, Looooser and 6 others
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
I just don't care for live chats on any website. Not my thing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Looooser, GentleJerk, Rogue Proxy and 4 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I used to be in there alot when s.s. was new. I haven't been in for awhile. Sometimes there would be long breaks before someone would say something. I don't know what to say alot of times either.
I used to browse the forum while waiting for someone to say anything.:wink:
I think it could be that some are shy when a new member comes in. Probably not everyone though.

• Hugs
Reactions: GentleJerk, allesistgut and LastFlowers
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I used to be in there alot when s.s. was new. I haven't been in for awhile. Sometimes there would be long breaks before someone would say something. I don't know what to say alot of times either.
I used to browse the forum while waiting for someone to say anything.:wink:
I think it could be that some are shy when a new member comes in. Probably not everyone though.
When l was here previously it was the "shoutbox" visible at the bottom of the screen, it had merit then as you could sometimes skim read a very dull thread and feel like you've waded through quicksand but then be picked up by seeing the same two users furiously tearing strips off each other in real time, for seemingly 24 hours a day, beneath it.

• Wow
Reactions: GentleJerk
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
When l was here previously it was the "shoutbox" visible at the bottom of the screen, it had merit then as you could sometimes skim read a very dull thread and feel like you've waded through quicksand but then be picked up by seeing the same two users furiously tearing strips off each other in real time, for seemingly 24 hours a day, beneath it.
I had forgotten about the shoutbox. Damn I feel old. :wink:

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I don't use it. I'm a one on one person. I've never liked the feeling of trying to be part of a group. It feels tiring and also somewhat intimidating. Plus I'm pretty much a boomer by this site's standards so it's awkward either way.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: lobster salad, not-2-b-the-answer, demuic and 7 others
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
I'm not social enough to use the chat. Live conversations are not for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, not-2-b-the-answer, demuic and 3 others
L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
I used to be on chat a lot. It's definitely more of a feeling of hanging out and having a conversation. I don't use it anymore because of social anxiety and just being too busy to chat.
I wish I knew what busy felt like again. It's just a distant memory now.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and allesistgut
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I feel like most of the time when I look into the chat room I see a bunch of users that I never see post on the forum. It's weird.

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, lobster salad, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
It has it's +'s and -'s. It offers something different to the standard forum which I feel can sometimes be a bit repetitive. I pop in sometimes and say hi, or say something pointless, had a few laughs too. I'm there more lately, but not really much of a chatter. I kind of leave it open sometimes while I'm doing other things and check back in to react and respond if I feel like it.
I feel like most of the time when I look into the chat room I see a bunch of users that I never see post on the forum. It's weird.

Yeah me too... It is a little weird. I feel like there are a few accounts only there to troll or influence the chat space sometimes.

The members who more often post in the forum, I tend not to see them spend a lot of time in chat. Like me, they might pop in occasionally.

I've seen this before, sometimes it's almost like a few chat bots are in there filling up the feed, and when others chime in they get no response. It depends who is in the chat and it changes all the time. I try to include everyone I see wanting to get in on the chat.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, LastFlowers and demuic
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
I'm not too fluent in english so i never bothered to enter. I not even know which vibes are there :ahhha:

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad and not-2-b-the-answer
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
I used it two times so far. Seems like any general chat I've ever seen. Light conversation, boring, nothing that requires much thought.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021
The lack of curating what the topic will be about beforehand with general browsing and generally not wanting to be obligated to interact live makes me not use it. I have rarely had some private messages with some users who messaged me first. I generally find that alternatively manageable, even if every time it's happened I've been a bit taken aback at someone wanting to message me.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Death_of_a_Phynixx

Death_of_a_Phynixx

09/22/90-2022
Jan 31, 2022
I have visited the public chat one time. It's a little too unorganized for me to properly enjoy. Everyone seems to be talking/typing at the same time. I prefer a much smaller group to communicate with. I can relate to your issues with trust, because I too possess this quality. With me being a hermit and mostly introverted, I prefer to take it kind of slowly with strangers. That's why I love these created threads! I can take my time and think thoroughly about what I want to say, without rushing. Threads also make it easier for me to become familiar with some of the other members present within this platform, as I get used to seeing them in other threads too. If I had to choose between participating in the chat versus the threads, I would more than likely choose to be active within the threads. Though it would be nice if we as members could create our own group chats, and invite those other members whom we have become familiar with. I would prefer a chat with only about 4 to 5 members at a time within the chat at once. The less people in one place at one time, the more comfortable I would feel in that place.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LastFlowers, lobster salad and not-2-b-the-answer
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I'm a one on one person. I've never liked the feeling of trying to be part of a group. It feels tiring and also somewhat intimidating.

Are you talking about the chat or about that time I talked you into attending an orgy?

• Yay!
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Angst Filled Fuck Up
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I don't use it. I'm a one on one person. I've never liked the feeling of trying to be part of a group. It feels tiring and also somewhat intimidating. Plus I'm pretty much a boomer by this site's standards so it's awkward either way.
Are you talking about the chat or about that time I talked you into attending an orgy?
Only once??? :devil::hihi:

Reactions: motel rooms
june

june

Experienced
May 25, 2020
can you see private conversations on desktop or only mobile?