N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Not sure whether I shall label this thread NSFW. I won't go into detail about these jokes I just want to say that I am bored by them.

Some months ago I heard some women in college makign very immature jokes. We had as one topic getting sexual satisfaction. I won't get into details in which context we talked about it. Yeah they made jokes like how primitive men are for just wanting to have sex all the time. It interrupted our lecturer because their giggles were so loud.
Honestly I felt like I was in 5th grade again. They sounded like some teenagers/children who always get a fit of laughter when someone says something which might could be interpreted in a sexual way.

There was another incident. I am in a programm for people who shall get help to find a job. I am not sure in which context but we made a weird game. Running in the room, the instructor told some jokes. And everyone who had to laugh got a punishment. The person had to run more rounds. I did not laugh at all. Not one time. And the most "funny thing" was a joke which could be interpreted due its ambiguity also in a sexual way. I was extremely depressed to that time, very desperate and I felt like how shall this shit help me to get a job. I think the intention was imporoving socializing. But if I have to act like a 5 year old to improve my social skills I might skip it.

The instructor said she never experienced anyone who could endure this game without having to laugh at least one time. Yeah for me it was not that difficult. Not only because of the immaturity of the jokes. I think I have lost my lightness to handle life. I am just so fucking anxious about my life. That this extreme traumatizing psychosomatic pain returns, that I will be forced to ctb when poverty comes etc. I just notice it when I compare myself with my friends. My best friend can enjoy video games as if he was a child/teenager again. I think I am too traumatized about this life/world for that.

I have become very serious about my life. The pressure is extreme and I have to avoid collapsing again. Maybe I don't feel this lightness because even my childhood was full of abuse. I have learned in a very young age that life can be an unfair agony. I think I might was more mature than other children in this age. More thoughtful for sure. But at the same time I was also very vulnerable because all these awful things happened to me.

But when I am thinking about such annyoing sex jokes I also think about American sitcoms. I have watched so much of them when I was a teenager. Two and half men, How I met your mother, the Big Bang theory etc. Today when I think about them I just get bored. Maybe one reason is that I don't have a partner which could increase my happiness concerning this topic. But I also ask myself who watches such a bullshit as an adult. I think my mom and her boyfriend watch a lot of that bullshit and other trash TV.

The jokes are so superficial. I like witty jokes which go a little bit deeper. Something you might still think about it when the screen is off. I could never imagine spending so much of my free-time watching this soulless, sequences of jokes about sex. And all the cliches are offered. I think I have wasted a lot of my life span with the shit. Though sometimes it helped me to become more witty. Watching several hours sitcoms daily can teach you the structure of jokes. I think it helped me to become quick-witted.

Though on the other hand when I think about which moral such series teach to young people I could throw up. Mostly they are about stereotypes and kind of monotonous.

What do you think about it?

• Hugs
Reactions: miserableforever, WhatPowerIs, katagiri83 and 1 other person
Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
I think dumb jokes are a way people can feel connected to each other and form group bonds. I agree that sitcoms trivialize reality by turning it into superficial mindless narratives. It takes a lot to make me laugh. I am most likely to laugh at a funny animal video on twitter.

Cosmic dust

Cosmic dust

Among the stars
Feb 28, 2022
I noticed that when in groups, people often lower the quality of their jokes, just for the sake of interacting and to get attention, that seems to be worse with younger people. I have seen smart and mature people say some of the most bland and boring jokes I have ever heard in my life, just because because they NEEDED to get 5 seconds on the spotlight.

Reactions: JinZhin, WhatPowerIs and VirtualSnow
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I'm getting pretty sick of it myself. Why's everything gotta revolve around sex? I don't know. Maybe its in our nature to be crude sometimes, you know?