• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

Hotsackage

Paragon
Mar 11, 2019
Not a pro life thread, mostly curiosity. Who here has some spiritual dimension, doesn't have to be religious, to their life?

Reactions: sserafim and itsalittlecold
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I believe in spirituality. Spirits can get you quite drunk.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Neon Grave, the_path_of_sorrows, Unhumanly. and 4 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Not spiritual at all . . i believe life is the continuation of that first chemical DNA reaction . imo a human is biomechanical biochemical machine , composed of smaller machines called cells

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: GoatHerder and Hotsackage
H

Hotsackage

Paragon
Mar 11, 2019
That is derinetly probably the most interesting theory. How matter just randomly produces organic compounds.

D

dtkdave87

Jul 13, 2024
I have been a jehova witness all my life, but I've became distant and with lack of faith lately after my divorce and stress from work.That has been my downfall. I was much better when I had faith.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I was a Hindu monk and priest in my youth - I left about 20 years ago. I'm now more inclined towards Zen Buddhism, although I don't formally practice it currently. I'm interested in some western philosophy, which kind of holds a space of spirituality - like Spinoza and Delueze.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, Nefera, Myforevercharlie and 1 other person
BetweenRadioStations

BetweenRadioStations

🎲🎲
Aug 10, 2021
I am

Reactions: Myforevercharlie and Hotsackage
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I am I believe in life after death and spirits not religious

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and Hotsackage
itsalittlecold

itsalittlecold

Been guided by the void
Jun 7, 2024
Yes I'm spiritual, not religious though.
Science can explain just about everything, barring our conscious… I've also made DMT a few times, if you've ever experienced DMT, there's no way you can't be spiritual lol. Our brain naturally produces DMT when we die.. been recent study's on it too.

Reactions: sserafim, divinemistress36 and _AllCatsAreGrey_
J

J1214

Jul 10, 2024
Used to be a Christian, now I'm an Agnostic Theist.

My spirituality is primarily emotional.

Maybe eternal nothingness is better than an afterlife.

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_ and ToMoveOn
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I really like how this thread highlights the variations that occur within "spirituality". Thanks OP. đź’–đź«‚
Science can explain just about everything, barring our conscious… I've also made DMT a few times, if you've ever experienced DMT, there's no way you can't be spiritual lol. Our brain naturally produces DMT when we die.. been recent study's on it too.
I also have experience with DMT. It was a big part of my spiritual journey when I was younger. I did it regularly before I became a monk at 17.

I haven't done it in a few years, but I'm always inclined to suggest it if people say they want to try psychedelics, due to its short high.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36 and itsalittlecold
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
What was dmt like. I had a doctor who said he was Athesist but after do dmt he now belives theres life after death

emptyenvelopes

emptyenvelopes

Jun 15, 2024
I used to be very spiritual and it gave me a lot of hope and then I fell deep in the sads and now I feel that connection to God is frayed and I can't feel His presence anymore like I used to.

Would love some tips from the spiritual people on this thread on how they stay spiritual and connected to a higher power and sense of inner peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

Less than a human being.
Feb 24, 2023
Remind me of some random Spirituality vs Religious debate in a very random place (out of SS/which I'm not involved with)
I was tried to made believe of spirituality after opting out of religion, still I don't believe some occurrence happen in my life being controlled by sort of otherworldly unseen energy, it's just the world system, it is what it is.

Reactions: emptyenvelopes
itsalittlecold

itsalittlecold

Been guided by the void
Jun 7, 2024
What was dmt like. I had a doctor who said he was Athesist but after do dmt he now belives theres life after death
Honestly, it's difficult to explain. Scientists have said it could be the closest thing to a near death experience. No one can recall exactly what they see, but the things they do recall all align with each others trip reports. So much so oxford university (I think) recently conducted a study on multiple people via iv method, believed to be trying to map the DMT realm. I don't think any conclusion or findings are published yet, the people who were studied can be find telling there story's on tiktok though.

it's like a 15-20min trip, it starts with a ringing in your ears and you close your eyes and blast off into the DMT realm, there's a 'waiting' room, not everyone gets into the realm straight away. No one knows why, we just think it's to do with 'been' ready. Your breathing slows to the point, if you notice it feels like you have to manually breath (it doesn't stop you breathing lol)
Anyway I'm not articulate enough to describe just how profound it is. It is worth looking into it. I was atheist before DMT

I must also add the visual effects and geometry are insane, if there's anything can visualise a 4D realm, that is it.

• Love
Reactions: Freedomatlast24, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Yes , ive been wanting to do the toad dmt but im on an antidepressant and was told its dangerous with it
Honestly, it's difficult to explain. Scientists have said it could be the closest thing to a near death experience. No one can recall exactly what they see, but the things they do recall all align with each others trip reports. So much so oxford university (I think) recently conducted a study on multiple people via iv method, believed to be trying to map the DMT realm. I don't think any conclusion or findings are published yet, the people who were studied can be find telling there story's on tiktok though.

it's like a 15-20min trip, it starts with a ringing in your ears and you close your eyes and blast off into the DMT realm, there's a 'waiting' room, not everyone gets into the realm straight away. No one knows why, we just think it's to do with 'been' ready. Your breathing slows to the point, if you notice it feels like you have to manually breath (it doesn't stop you breathing lol)
Anyway I'm not articulate enough to describe just how profound it is. It is worth looking into it. I was atheist before DMT

I must also add the visual effects and geometry are insane, if there's anything can visualise a 4D realm, that is it.,

itsalittlecold

itsalittlecold

Been guided by the void
Jun 7, 2024
Yes , ive been wanting to do the toad dmt but im on an antidepressant and was told its dangerous with it
I've never tried the toad! Would love to.
Yeah there's a chance of getting serotonin syndrome. Anti-depressants can also block the trip, even with other psychedelics.

Are your meds fast acting? Like for example when I was on mirtazipine it had a half-life of around 72hours, but would take 3-4weeks before withdrawals kicked in.

Now I'm on venlafaxine, I can withdraw from missing one dose

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I used to be very spiritual and it gave me a lot of hope and then I fell deep in the sads and now I feel that connection to God is frayed and I can't feel His presence anymore like I used to.

Would love some tips from the spiritual people on this thread on how they stay spiritual and connected to a higher power and sense of inner peace.

In my experience there is a special pain in not being able to feel that connection as one used to.

I feel that various traditions and sects have different approaches to this. I will share my feelings / tips according to my experience and tradition.

According to the tradition you're connected with you can continue to what you feel inspired to. In the tradition I was connected with there were regular offerings of flowers, incense, water, etc. I still continue to do this at times. (Not at all formally, but according to my inclination.) I still do various chants and songs - even though I'm not sure if I believe anymore.

Doing these small things do maintain a positive relationship with my deity. Again, practices and traditions vary, but I feel there's always space to find ways to apply sect practices according to your situation.

The shape of how this will be for you is personal. I feel it's about maintaining an opening for connection.

I've personally grown to feel my deity doesn't exist in the way I envisioned before, but the practice of devotion is still grounding to do - even though I'm basically agnostic now.

I hope that's at all helpful and applicable to your situation.

• Love
Reactions: emptyenvelopes and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I've never tried the toad! Would love to.
Yeah there's a chance of getting serotonin syndrome. Anti-depressants can also block the trip, even with other psychedelics.

Are your meds fast acting? Like for example when I was on mirtazipine it had a half-life of around 72hours, but would take 3-4weeks before withdrawals kicked in.

Now I'm on venlafaxine, I can withdraw from missing one dose
Yes, cymbalta oh ya venlafaxine withdraws are hell. I just stay on an antidepressant cause I cant handle the withdraws. I think if everyone got to do psychadelics they would be less afraid of death

Reactions: itsalittlecold and _AllCatsAreGrey_
itsalittlecold

itsalittlecold

Been guided by the void
Jun 7, 2024
I really like how this thread highlights the variations that occur within "spirituality". Thanks OP. đź’–đź«‚

I also have experience with DMT. It was a big part of my spiritual journey when I was younger. I did it regularly before I became a monk at 17.

I haven't done it in a few years, but I'm always inclined to suggest it if people say they want to try psychedelics, due to its short high.
I didn't see your comment at first. I think everyone should experience DMT Atleast once in there life's, I don't even think there's any drawbacks/negatives to it either.
The short high was what inclined me, I haven't tried mushrooms due to how long they last
Yes, cymbalta oh ya venlafaxine withdraws are hell. I just stay on an antidepressant cause I cant handle the withdraws. I think if everyone got to do psychadelics they would be less afraid of death
I agree with you, everyone I know who's had it.. draw the same conclusion or there abouts with spirituality.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and _AllCatsAreGrey_
lilac-moonbeam

lilac-moonbeam

it/she
Jul 16, 2024
I am not the least bit spiritual, and its not without trying. I've been an atheist since I was young, and was interested in Buddhism and Hinduism early in high school. I wanted to believe in the idea of spirits or living after life in some way, but have never been able to genuinely believe it.
Family members have always tried to convince me that one day I will believe or see some sort of proof that will change my mind.
I don't see it happening.
I see life as just ending when it ends. I don't think being tied to this world in some way is something desirable. The idea of a body shutting down and just eternally sleeping and never seeing anyone or anything again, without soul or spirits, is comforting for me.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Not spiritual at all . . i believe life is the continuation of that first chemical DNA reaction . imo a human is biomechanical biochemical machine , composed of smaller machines called cells

It really depends on how broadly one interprets "machine".

DNA is a program designed to amplify itself (including things fairly similar to what is in "itself"

I must also add the visual effects and geometry are insane, if there's anything can visualise a 4D realm, that is it.
It is ineffable. But it is not 4D.
It is happening in the brain.

Last edited:
S

spentspirit

Jun 21, 2024
I think certain spiritual practices are the best way to stay in tune with ourselves, each other, and the universe. Certain systems, like Judaism, Hinduism, and Buddhism, are I think the "truest" expression of how to live a good human life.

The world writ large, though, is now very inhuman imo now that we've completely burned down the "old world".