Sorrygoodbye

Sorrygoodbye

Sep 28, 2020
I have not, but I am considering trying it, possibly. Reading other's experiences with it has been helpful, but I have only read a handful of firsthand accounts.

Reactions: nerve
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I haven't had it either, but would be open to trying it. Only thing I'm afraid of is the short term memory loss. I already have a bad memory. Don't need it to get worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: houseofleaves and Chupacabra 44
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I haven't had it either, but would be open to trying it. Only thing I'm afraid of is the short term memory loss. I already have a bad memory. Don't need it to get worse.
I'd love for it to take my memory completely. That's what I'd want it for. I asked one doctor who dismissed me straight away. Another was much more open to the idea but said it's only a side effect and not it's intended purpose. They can't target specific memories unfortunately or implant false ones. That would save my life

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: houseofleaves, your pathologist, fox21132113 and 2 others
your pathologist

your pathologist

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 5, 2018
Not sure if you're still around OP, but i have undergone 8 sessions of Electroconvulsive "Therapy" in the spring of 2021.
I am willing to share my experience with anyone who is interested. just posting to bump the thread.

Reactions: houseofleaves and d3c96524be95
D

d3c96524be95

Student
Jan 24, 2023
Not sure if you're still around OP, but i have undergone 8 sessions of Electroconvulsive "Therapy" in the spring of 2021.
I am willing to share my experience with anyone who is interested. just posting to bump the thread.
I am interested, thanks for the proposal. Would you be willing to share your experience publicly?

I've been proposed ECT in the past, but I'm very reluctant and afraid of the aftermath, and I don't think it can help my depression at all. The fact that you put "Therapy" in quotes makes me believe you're just going to confirm my biases, I'm so sorry if you had after effects from it and no benefit.

Reactions: houseofleaves
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
I'm also interested in hearing people's experiences as I might pursue this.

Reactions: d3c96524be95 and houseofleaves
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Wow this is an old thread!

The memory loss would suck. Just imagine. If you have to organise anything in your life this could be a REAL problem. It's rarely offered for this reason.

Reactions: d3c96524be95