demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
People literally make me sick. I can't take much more of this shit anymore. It's insane how this is just how the world is and I'm just supposed to accept it? I can't fucking stand this. I want to claw my eyes out and bash my head against a wall until I can't think or feel anymore. I feel nothing but rage and sorrow. Everyone else is fine with this, so I must be the problem. But I can't make myself be okay with what I see around me. I can't make myself stop wanting to seek out connections and experiencing the world around me especially online because I grew up dependent on all this horrible soul destroying technology.

I need to die as soon as possible.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Gabby78, PeacefulTonic, puppet_nihilist and 32 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I know what you mean about the world around us. At least I think I do. I've found myself wanting to shout "the emporer has no clothes" on a daily basis. People are crazy! Selfish, narcissistic, blissfully ignorant planet killing idiots. Bjt then I see something wonderful and think "well not all people are bad" but the problem is the good people are outnumbered and outgunned in the public arena. The best most of us can do as bystanders is be sure to do the right thing in our small plot of land and life. Recycle, be self aware, kind, considerate and selfless in our actions and interactions. Judge everything and everyone on individual merit and be real and just. If you're lucky enough to have the mind and/or finances for it then there's always the option to attempt to do something more outwardly effective. Influence others in a positive way and come up with solutions that are realistic. Frustratingly there are solutions to some of the larger issues in our world and they have been made public but get buried by the landslide of daily detritus that comes in the form of self serving distractions in social media etc. If it doesn't make somebody rich or famous or massage an ego it's essentially already forgotten as soon as it's seen.

• Love
Reactions: Gabby78, Journeytoletgo, LoveTakesManyForms and 9 others
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I feel the same, I have disconnected from reality to the point that the people around me expect me to find a way to fit in a society where I am not able to fit in. The real world terrifies me and I wish I hadn't been born.

It is the feeling that many of us share here, I know what it feels like

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, it's_all_a_game, Amber1974!! and 7 others
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
People literally make me sick. I can't take much more of this shit anymore. It's insane how this is just how the world is and I'm just supposed to accept it? I can't fucking stand this.
Amen! You're the problem because, unlike most others, you can't be OK with the hell we humans create. Others can either rationalize away what we do or hide their heads in the sand. But still, you're the one with the "mental illness." Meanwhile, there's no mental illness (that I've read about?) for corporate moguls or political powers lusting after and running roughshod over communities to acquire more and more power, or enacting policies that drive entire species to extinction, or depriving millions (billions?) of people of survival requirements... You're sick for recognizing, screaming against, not being able to be at peace with the corruption, hypocrisy, unnecessarily perpetuated suffering. But they're not sick for ignoring/permitting/profiting from... it all.

Of course, they have the gold and the guns. And stadiums-full of lawyers. So, who's going to cart them off to the mental "health" prisons... sorry, I mean, clinics... with court officers signing off on judgments of mental illness?

• Love
Reactions: Gabby78, FuneralCry, it's_all_a_game and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I often feel as though I am losing my mind. I see life as a terrible thing, I mean we were all perfectly fine not existing until we were brought into this world. I think for somebody not to be depressed they have to be pretty delusional. The thing that I want the most is to fall into an eternal sleep.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gabby78, puppet_nihilist, Midgardsorm and 5 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
There is no connection to the real world and much online is negative. We lead very unnatural lives and it's not healthy mentally.

Yes it's bound to drive people insane.

• Love
Reactions: Gabby78, Journeytoletgo, FuneralCry and 1 other person
seeker

seeker

Aug 26, 2021
I'm almost in this state. I think maybe it's my fault too, since I made wrong decisions. But I can say I the world around has some fault too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, FuneralCry and demuic
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
You're sick for recognizing, screaming against, not being able to be at peace with the corruption, hypocrisy, unnecessarily perpetuated suffering.
A very good point. Imagine if we were to diagnose the human species for its conduct. Its routine rape of nature. Its casually murdering entire animal species. Its genocides. Its man-made wars and famines. Pretty much every personality disorder would apply (antisocial, narcissistic...). Every kind of mental illness imaginable is embedded in the fabric of our society. And yet, the one who dares to criticise it will immediately be sent off to the nut house.

• Love
Reactions: Gabby78, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, FTL.Wanderer and 3 others
plough22

plough22

Living but not really, just surviving
May 1, 2020
Sometimes I feel that I am losing my mind, sometimes I have but somehow I came back, I'll tell you one thing, once I believe I am losing it, have some semblance before moving to a psych ward where some friends work, that will be a nice final push over the edge. I'd rather end it.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry and demuic
LifeQuitter2018

LifeQuitter2018

Wanderer
Aug 12, 2018
Yeah the world is fucked.

COVID-19. Lock-down. Economic depression. Vaccine denial.
Climate change. Ice melting.
Afghantistan Taliban.
China CCP uprising and bullying in the East. Taiwan, Japan, India, South China Sea conflicts.

Reactions: Gabby78, Smart No More and FTL.Wanderer
L

LoveTakesManyForms

Student
Sep 9, 2021
I'd consider a healthy measure of disgust a good sign in this world.

It seems there's a fine line between Heaven and Hell here; health, wealth, freedom, connection etc. can leave us feeling that life is a wonderful gift.
But illness, poverty, addiction, imprisonment, loneliness etc. are manifestations of Hell, and any one of them can lead to the others.
A wise man once said that life isn't about enjoyment but purpose. It's a good mantra, but leaves a lot to be desired when you're drowning.

I was so much happier before I realised what poor physical/mental health feel like. The way it corners a man, leaving him helpless, clawing at the walls of his flesh prison. As they said in the Matrix: ignorance really is bliss.
I was able to justify that I was a "good person" and others were "bad people", until I found myself in places darker than I could ever have imagined, beginning with an unwarranted assault which maimed me at the age of 15.
Now I say that there are no evil people, only evil circumstances. Desperation and programming can drive people to do utterly crazy things.

All justifications for being comfortable while others live in Hell fall short in the end, for even the bodies we use to elevate ourselves into privileged positions are gifts given unto us. Therefore, regardless of creed or beliefs, surely the only compassionate option is endless benevolence and selflessness- not such an easy task.

I keep thinking "surely there must be a way out of this, surely this can't be it for me. There must be a way to be genuinely happy."
But it's been 6 excruciating years now and I'm really losing hope. I exercise, meditate, eat health, try to stay involved in the lives of others.
Yet the gaping maw of illness remains below me.

The worst part is that we're all hapless pawns in this game; nobody asked to be here, nobody asked for this curse.

Notwithstanding the horror of it all, if I could ease your pain I would, for what it's worth.
If I could put words together in the right order to help you, I'd utter them right now.
There is no connection to the real world and much online is negative. We lead very unnatural lives and it's not healthy mentally.

Yes it's bound to drive people insane.
The way we live now is akin to a giant social experiment; nobody has ever lived like this before, and many studies indicate that spending so much time behind screens is doing us great harm as a species.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, GenesAndEnvironment and demuic
Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
I've been feeling like this for about years. A few months ago I developed a really bad condition and a few days ago had a major anxiety crisis where my wish were to just run as fast as I could and hit my head in a wall.

We endure so much and every times it gets worse. Every day we feel like we are the problem, every day we lose our minds.

People say that we need psychological help, but the question is: When did we started needing this kind of help?

Existence in this world is torment, mental illness might be just the most logical result.

• Love
Reactions: Gabby78, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, FuneralCry and 2 others
S

slyna

Student
Jul 30, 2021
Yeah the world is fucked.

COVID-19. Lock-down. Economic depression. Vaccine denial.
Climate change. Ice melting.
Afghantistan Taliban.
China CCP uprising and bullying in the East. Taiwan, Japan, India, South China Sea conflicts.
Hahaha

Those are just fabrications ...

Ont: people are irrational mammals.