Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I have no hope left for my future. I have some illnesses that will ultimately lead to a decline, one of which is incurable.

I read other people's posts here about their depression, their anxiety, their feelings of being lost, lonely. And I can't help but wish I could switch places with them in an instant because there's at least something left to work with and while it may not feel like it, mental illness can be managed (at least some of the time). I have no control over my body although I can make some changes.

I don't know who else here is ill or declining physically but you're not alone if so. I just wish the pain would stop.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, lex, Susannah and 6 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Sadly mental illness can be just as terminal as any physical illness. Mental illness can break down the body, and make one physically sick. People can also be beyond help with depression. Sometimes there is no hope for changing the lens we view the world through, and no amount of therapy, doctor, meds, or life improvements will change that.

Im sorry to hear you've been given such a prognosis. It must be a terrible weight to bare to know that no matter how you feel about life your date is basically set. It must be hard to not get consumed by hopelessness. I hope you are able to find pleasures and joys in the time you have left.

Reactions: Cowtipper, Sarahlynn and Susannah
SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
Blessings to you in your journey, I have chronic illnesses, though not terminal they shorten my lifespan considerably. I can't imagine what you must be going through.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, lex, WinterFaust and 1 other person
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Blessings to you in your journey, I have chronic illnesses, though not terminal they shorten my lifespan considerably. I can't imagine what you must be going through.
Thanks for your empathy. I feel mostly like someone in a cell, awaiting their fate. I know what's coming, there's not much I can do about it, and I can't let go of my general regrets about my life. I'm sorry you also suffer from chronic illness. I know if I didn't have any illness I would have lived my life with a healthy vengeance, would have been productive as possible, and tried to contribute some good to the world. I wish you peace.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and lex
G

Goodbye710

Student
Jul 12, 2020
Just got back from 12 hours in ER. Have more doctors to go to. My doctor appointments and thinking about it are the only things keeping me active.

I just want everything to be over.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Cowtipper, Mixo and 1 other person
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
That would be me too. I've always been a suicide-in-the-making, though, so in some ways this illness has merely stopped my shillyshallying. It's frustrating to be increasingly disabled but ... ok. Worse things happen to people.

Reactions: Mixo
RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
You'd rather trade places with someone with a mental illness? I'd rather trade places with someone terminally ill.

Please, lets trade.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Cowtipper, lex and 3 others
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
You'd rather trade places with someone with a mental illness? I'd rather trade places with someone terminally ill.

Please, lets trade.

Ditto. I would trade in a heart beat.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Cowtipper and Sarahlynn
W

White_Noise

Mar 13, 2020
Hello there.
I, just like you suffer from terminal illness that will, evetually, cause me a painful death, i was told that just few months ago, and I have finally just accepted the truth and decided to take the fast way out with SN instead of 3-5 years of suffering for me and my family.
I'm almost 19 ( 18 years and 9 months ) and I have so much to do, I live in a shit-hole country and the dream of my life was to get out of it, a week ago I was told that I got accepted on a full paid scholarship by the goverment of my country to study in britain.
This should've made me the happiest person on the planet.
But no.
My dream only became true when im dying, i hate this, i hate this so much.
I have so much to live for, i have a bright future ahead of me, i worked hard for it, i was always the smartest kid in the class, the one who would work the hardest just to stand out.
i deserve to be happy, i worked for this my entier life.
But no.
Instead of that, im dying and what i worked hard for is given for someone else.
I sound like a kid saying the world isn't fair, but it really isn't.
There are so many books to read, so many music to listen to, so many comets to watch and movies to enjoy.
I don't feel angry about it anymore, Im just too damn sad.
I wish i died on a car accidant instead. something fast without the overthinking Im going through.
I lived through war my whole life, thanks to America, i didn't see much beauty to this world but i thought i was going to see some when im in my 40s or 50s.
I always imagined dying of old age with my family around me.
But here Im, not even 19 yet and looking for a way to kill myself before it's too painful to live.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: the_final_countdown, Deleted member 4993, Cowtipper and 5 others
A

Accusedundead

Aug 24, 2020
A doctor has never told me I am terminal but I have an illness that causes me daily torment. It's an unbearable hell most of the time. I want to live very much so, but i really don't see another option.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mixo, Deleted member 4993, Cowtipper and 3 others
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
Hello there.
I, just like you suffer from terminal illness that will, evetually, cause me a painful death, i was told that just few months ago, and I have finally just accepted the truth and decided to take the fast way out with SN instead of 3-5 years of suffering for me and my family.
I'm almost 19 ( 18 years and 9 months ) and I have so much to do, I live in a shit-hole country and the dream of my life was to get out of it, a week ago I was told that I got accepted on a full paid scholarship by the goverment of my country to study in britain.
But no.
I have so much to live for, i have a bright future ahead of me, i worked hard for it, i was always the smartest kid in the class, the one who would work the hardest just to stand out.
But no.
There are so many books to read, so many music to listen to, so many comets to watch and movies to enjoy.
I wish i died on a car accidant instead. something fast without the overthinking Im going through.
I lived through war my whole life, thanks to America, i didn't see much beauty to this world but i thought i was going to see some when im in my 40s or 50s.
But here Im, not even 19 yet and looking for a way to kill myself before it's too painful to live.
My heart bleeds for you. I have a chronic condition (traffic accident), and though I struggle, I'm also aware of people going through hell of a lot worse than me. My older sister died in a car crash, instantly, but happy and in love. So I can relate to your wish of a sudden death. I send you lots of love from me in Norway.

Reactions: the_final_countdown, Deleted member 4993, Cowtipper and 1 other person
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Hello there.
But no.
But no.
Hi there
I'm sorry to read that.
Do you mind me asking what is your illness?
Is there no cure?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Cowtipper