Mar 27, 2023
I feel am nearly a 100% recovered but I still use the site

• Hugs
Reactions: maneose, lovedread, waived and 5 others
Dangerdonkey333

Dangerdonkey333

Crann Bethadh
Nov 19, 2023
Wouldn't say I'm 100%. I still struggle with depressive episodes from time to time. But I joined not too long ago to try and help people who are looking to recover. Although I probably comment/react too much and am just being annoying. Lol

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: maneose, lovedread, sayonara_ and 2 others
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Yea I'm not 100% either, still have ups and downs but compared to where I was when I joined its "amazing"

Last edited:
Reactions: lovedread, LoiteringClouds, sadwriter and 2 others
just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
Do you think once you've recovered the struggle is over or is it a lifelong battle?

Reactions: tiger b, Kore, Fimbulvetr and 2 others
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
Do you think once you've recovered the struggle is over or is it a lifelong battle?
Recovery for me is coming to terms with the struggle. I still think the worst of it has yet to come, but recovery is about actively preparing my mind and body for the weight that is life's suffering. Complacency is contradictory to recovery, which is why I continue to come here even though I may be feeling better. Being here reminds me what I am working for--to be with people I love and spend time doing things I enjoy.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ksmиda, une vie grotesque, LoiteringClouds and 5 others
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
It probably life long. I am signed up just in case something goes wrong again. You know what they say "once a... always a ..."

Reactions: sadwriter, tiger b and Dangerdonkey333
just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
It probably life long. I am signed up just in case something goes wrong again. You know what they say "once a... always a ..."
yup, I know that phrase all too well. For me it's "once a cheater always a cheater" which basically makes me feel like something I did years ago defines me and I'm just a big piece of shit and that's all I'll ever be. No matter how honest I am in a relationship I get defined by that. Fuck me right?

• Hugs
Reactions: tiger b and Kundalini Guy
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
There is a quote I love from buffy the vampire slayer

"Strong is fighting! it's hard, and it's painful, and it's what we do everyday"

It then goes on to say

"and we can do it together"

I think that last part is the most important, we need support and friendship, people that understand and connect with us, this site shouldn't be the sole source of that but it can offer a good part of it for some.

• Love
Reactions: Regen, Abandoned Character, sadwriter and 1 other person
anhedonicNfoggy

anhedonicNfoggy

i don’t know
Aug 7, 2023
Not at all for me. I don't feel amazing perse but I'm not really suicidal nowadays. But somehow this site scares/worries me. Even the gore site I used to frequent before I'm worried about checking now. There's harsh reality and truths to stomach. If I'm better now, I don't think I can handle stomaching them again. But somehow I feel bad that I don't frequent this site much anymore. It used to mean so much to me. It really helped me but now I'm scared of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: tiger b, vipatherappa and Fimbulvetr
vipatherappa

vipatherappa

Student
Feb 28, 2023
There are plenty of nice people on this website who we can share our experiences and advice with. I just wish that the recovery forum was on a different site completely to the suicide forum, which I truely believe is more pro-CTB than pro-choice in the sense that they advocate for CTB and actively aid people doing it because they see it as a permanent way out your problems. While, yeah, of course you'll no longer feel like absolute garbage if you're dead, the ethical debate around the right to die is far more nuanced than the majority opinion of that forum, and the countries that have enshrined the right to die into law (e.g. Belgium) have implemented a very careful process where the person who wishes to take their own life due to a mental health issue must have time to consider their decision and is referred to multiple mental health doctors who provide advice and expert opinion. On the suicide forum there is barely any such consideration! It's presumed that death is the only option available and that it should be done as quickly as possible

Reactions: Regen, anhedonicNfoggy and Fimbulvetr
Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr

Nov 7, 2023
I have the suicide section blocked off for myself rn coz I was obsessing over methods and it scared my boyfriend (which is fair) and while things have definitely gotten better once the server owner I'm in banned the person harassing me who was formerly my friend, I still have the rest of my mental issues like my traumas from childhood and stuff to get over. Being physically abused by teachers and sexually abused by men will do that to you, I guess.
But I still like being on the site and submitting resources and if I can help anyone who wants it I'm happy to do so!

Reactions: tiger b, carac, anhedonicNfoggy and 1 other person
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Sincerely happy for you! life will always have its ups and downs i belive, and as as long as we are capable of handeling the bad in the best way possibel and just keep on learning! Must be a great feeling! <3 Much much good luck to you :happy:

Reactions: vipatherappa, Kundalini Guy, tiger b and 1 other person
sadwriter

sadwriter

Hanging in there
Aug 29, 2023
Yea I'm not 100% either, still have ups and downs but compared to where I was when I joined its "amazing"
Same. I joined at perhaps the lowest point of my life, and while I for sure no longer want to CTB and only have passive suicidal thoughts sometimes, I still feel like shit compared to what I used to (and I "used to" be anxious as fuck even at my best despite largely being happy). So, "amazing" compared to a couple of months ago, but there's a long road ahead of me.

I think it somewhat depends on one's own specific mental health struggles? But for the most part, nobody is ever 100% "cured" (as far as what my therapist has told me), and at the times when life slaps you in the face it can set you back a bit in your mental health struggles even if you're recovered.

Last edited:
Reactions: vipatherappa, just_a_guy and carac
Blackpepperpancake

Blackpepperpancake

Help me to breathe
Nov 22, 2023
I'm back and forth between living or just need to CTB right away multiple times, always feels like jumping off from cliffs and then I'm at the exact same spot again.

There's a war in my mind everyday, sometimes I win but mostly I lost, it will never end as long as I'm alive.

Reactions: Abandoned Character
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I feel am nearly a 100% recovered but I still use the site
I wouldn't say I'm 100% recovered. I joined this site when I was in a really deep, depressive slum. Found out about it from a popular online news article. I then got with a girl and barely browsed this site, was probably my happiest then. Then we broke up last December and I came back here to vent and share my story I guess. I even had a failed attempt 2, nearly 3 months after our breakup. I'm doing better now and am trying to look forward.

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
I am happy for people who are happy.

• Love
Reactions: une vie grotesque
A

Ah.ow

scared person
Mar 12, 2024
just wish that the recovery forum was on a different site completely to the suicide forum, which I truely believe is more pro-CTB than pro-choice in the sense that they advocate for CTB and actively aid people doing it because they see it as a permanent way out your problems
can this be elaborated?

(I wish I asked more often, I got confused, sometimes I don't ask if it seems less important or inactive person or idk)

crystal_meth97

crystal_meth97

Nie mam zamiaru się poddać
May 1, 2024
I do. Well, not all the time, of course, feeling good is not linear, but I'm in a good place mentally, yet I still come here from time to time, especially when I'm bored and I want to comment. It's nothing negative to me, it doesn't trigger me, it's just a forum. But yeah, I'm good now, making progress toward recovery, which is something I'm going to have to do for the rest of my life, I'm aware.

Reactions: LoiteringClouds
N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

Xe/It
Apr 2, 2023
I bounce wildly between feeling amazing and feeling the stark opposite of amazing but, very little suicidal ideation lately. A lot still sucks but a lot has changed and is changing for the better. This place just allows a certain kind of venting that isn't as welcome in most other spaces, and it reminds me of one of my ancestral homes on the internet which has gone offline several times (kind of still around but I don't care for its most recent iteration / current userbase as of me last seeking it out)

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds