danzk

danzk

Apr 27, 2023
Do you think that someone who thinks about dying every day is really a person with poor mental and physical health or do you think that someone doesn't have to be really sick to think that life is not worth living?

• Hugs
Reactions: etherealspring, Forever Sleep and Sabitsuki
itsalittlecold

itsalittlecold

Guided by the void
Jun 7, 2024
I can see the argument for both sides, I'm more inclined to think that- for someone to want to ctb, there has to be a discomfort with living to a degree. Like poor mental health doesn't stem out of the blue, it could be traumas, patterns well you know many many things.
The human brain, as with all animal brains (apart from koala & panda šŸ˜…) are hard wired to breed and survive. Some animals/insects life's mission is to breed, even when the outcome is there death very shortly after. It's just nature and for one's brain to overcome its natural ambition to survive, surely there has to be something going on right?

That's also why survival instinct plays a huge part in been hard to fight.

Reactions: hereornot and danzk
danzk

danzk

Apr 27, 2023
I can see the argument for both sides, I'm more inclined to think that- for someone to want to ctb, there has to be a discomfort with living to a degree. Like poor mental health doesn't stem out of the blue, it could be traumas, patterns well you know many many things.
The human brain, as with all animal brains (apart from koala & panda šŸ˜…) are hard wired to breed and survive. Some animals/insects life's mission is to breed, even when the outcome is there death very shortly after. It's just nature and for one's brain to overcome its natural ambition to survive, surely there has to be something going on right?

That's also why survival instinct plays a huge part in been hard to fight.
i agree with you

Reactions: itsalittlecold
Sabitsuki

Sabitsuki

Rusting away...
Jul 29, 2024
There are plenty of times and places in human history where sacrifices were expected and definitely people that wanted to be sacrificed. There's also the military, soldiers sacrificing their lives is usually considered sad but they're expected to accept it as a possibility.
I guess personally it depends on their reasons for doing so and how they feel about it. What our world considers mentally sick and mentally healthy is pretty arbitrary.
I'm happy if people fight as long as they can and will encourage continuing their life, but if they do go through with suicide, I blame whatever conditions that killed them, not the person.

Reactions: hereornot, EvisceratedJester and itsalittlecold
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Do you think that someone who thinks about dying every day is really a person with poor mental and physical health or do you think that someone doesn't have to be really sick to think that life is not worth living?
Well- I'd say that an animal that doesn't help proliferate the species in some way is by definition unhealthy, regardless of the why. Unproductive = unwell, productive = well. So basically what everyone else said lol

Reactions: hereornot
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just find existing to be undesirable in general in my case, I'd never wish to exist as a conscious being, rather I'd always prefer eternal nothingness to being burdened with this meaningless existence for decades just to decay and deterirate tormented by old age. To me existence is just an cruel, unnecessary imposition that causes endless amounts of suffering, I wish I could erase my existence so it's like I never existed at all, I'd never wish to suffer in this existence that can potentially get so torturous way beyond how anyone can imagine it to.