mr.smileysad

mr.smileysad

Student
Aug 29, 2020
Because sometimes I think I feel happy but it doesn't feel like the way other people describe it

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal, Brick In The Wall, BitterlyAlive_ and 2 others
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Happiness?!?! What a concept?!?!

I've been carrying my anxiety with me for so long, I don't remember what it is like to be without it. Even if, by some miracle, all my health problems magically disappeared overnight, I would not be able to feel happy. So many bad things have happened to me in the last 30 years. There's no coming back from where I've been.

But if I were to guess what happiness feels like, I'd say being happy would mean feeling... light, if that makes any sense. Anxiety and health problems weigh me down constantly. It's like I'm carrying a mountain on my shoulders. So... I imagine happiness is feeling light.

• Love
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_ and sorella santini
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I've had moments of contentment but not real happiness. They are gone quickly. I haven't had one in a long time.

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
About four and a half months ago, I was the happiest I've ever been in the last ten years and that was within the five days while conversing with her. After that was probably the saddest I had felt in five years...

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, BitterlyAlive_ and Callie Arcale
L

Luna88

Student
Jan 4, 2021
Yes there were times when I was happy without even knowing That's the worst. I know how it feels To know you will never come back there hurts so much

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_ and Callie Arcale
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I was once told that "No one's ever happy or sad for very long. "

However, I've been really sad for a long time but somehow, I'm starting to be happy again and it feels great. It's like you appreciate your family and friends, you wanna work out, kiss and play with your dog, etc.

I like happiness. I just want it to last more.

• Hugs
Reactions: mr.smileysad, Brick In The Wall, BitterlyAlive_ and 2 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I remember. It just makes me sadder.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, justsad&done, BitterlyAlive_ and 1 other person
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Lol. Uhhhh.....nope. But there's videos of me supposedly happy when I was 3. Must have felt that way at some point.
Because sometimes I think I feel happy but it doesn't feel like the way other people describe it
Hmmm. People often seem to describe a warm, fuzzy feeling. Contentment.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and justsad&done
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
"Happiness comes in small doses folks. It's a cigarette butt, or a chocolate chip cookie or a five second orgasm. You come, you smoke the butt you eat the cookie you go to sleep wake up and go back to fucking work the next morning, THAT'S IT! End of fucking list!" -Dennis Leary

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, Good4Nothing, BitterlyAlive_ and 1 other person
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
"Happiness comes in small doses folks. It's a cigarette butt, or a chocolate chip cookie or a five second orgasm. You come, you smoke the butt you eat the cookie you go to sleep wake up and go back to fucking work the next morning, THAT'S IT! End of fucking list!" -Dennis Leary
Facts. Happiness isn't something to aim for imo; it's fleeting. I feel like people should instead be encouraged to reach a state of contentment/acceptance.

• Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale and Brick In The Wall
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Just the other day. I was nearly in vehicle crash, but was able to avoid it. Just reaction and muscle memory - not really conscious thought. The adrenaline rush aftwerwards - that feeling - made me happy. Didn't last too long, but I felt alive.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
mr.smileysad

mr.smileysad

Student
Aug 29, 2020
Happiness?!?! What a concept?!?!

I've been carrying my anxiety with me for so long, I don't remember what it is like to be without it. Even if, by some miracle, all my health problems magically disappeared overnight, I would not be able to feel happy. So many bad things have happened to me in the last 30 years. There's no coming back from where I've been.

But if I were to guess what happiness feels like, I'd say being happy would mean feeling... light, if that makes any sense. Anxiety and health problems weigh me down constantly. It's like I'm carrying a mountain on my shoulders. So... I imagine happiness is feeling light.
That makes total sense

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
I remember it yeah. I've heard a lot of depressed/suicidal people say "Oh life is in its essence unhappy. Happiness is a faux concept and so-called "happy" people are just decieving themselves". I don't know if that's putting words in people's mouths but that's how I've understood it. I think happiness exists and is a possibility for everyone. It might not be the blue-eyed ecstatic euphoria that you hear about, but still. I don't even know if being happy is the goal, but I sure do miss it. I try to work to get that sense of meaning back though. And sometimes I get just a tiny sliver of it, and that's very nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Callie Arcale and GenesAndEnvironment
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
No, those memories have long faded. Either that or I don't want to remember because it's too painful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale
W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
I used to compete- i was an olympic team hopeful, i was really good.

When i raced i felt alive- my muscles worked together in perfect synchronization, my breathing was in harmony with my pole plants, my stride was long and my weight shift was like poetry in motion- i felt like music on paper when i cross country skiied, like i'd been born on snow and born to kill myself giving every ounce of energy on the course to be the fastest. I could reach into myself and i still had more to give....

This was my happy space- when destroying myself on a course to be the fastest, with the adrenaline racing and my heart pumping...

Then i was in a terrible car crash on the way to a xcski practice and it ended my career. I was the only one not driving and the only one who was badly hurt.

I'd mourn the loss but i can't. It's too much. Losing your only happy place sucks big time. :(

• Aww..
Reactions: stygal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I'm weird in that way since it usually doesn't take much to make me happy or I would even go as far as to say when I for example sit outside in my moms garden with a book and enjoy some of the sunbeams touching my skin I already feel happy in this moment.
It can easily shift into complete despair within a heartbeat - just by getting bad news for example but that's also a swift phase.
I'm never truly completely down nor happy but always somewhere inbetween. Maybe it's because I don't expect anything "extraordinary great" from life anymore and just accept those moments to be the best I can still get.

• Love
Reactions: throwaway123 and DocNo
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Lemme do my Family Guy Consuela impersonation: "Noooo, noooo. Noooo."

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment