T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Seems if life is not just random, then it was my destiny to be another statistic for the failings of the system, and since so many people love the status quo, seems the show will go on.

Who would one tell their story to to get it out there so when someone is doing research they see it and can mark it down as an example why things need to change.

I was seeking help for ten years after getting fobbed off and passed from pillar to post, then they eventually got me on a treatment that is a lifelong therapy but I recieved a letter saying my appointment was cancelled and to see gp if symptoms persist...
Which means treatment has stopped and once started and discontinued actually leaves you in a worse condition than you were before.
So they treat someone to knock them crashing down, it really is sick. I think so many people think 'what does one point matter' and ctb so that's why they keep getting away with it.

If I pass it to the NHS themselves it will just be covered up like they've done to me before several times.... But I have all the proof to leave them, just no idea who's an appropriate party.
Thank you.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Studio84
O

oblongsquare

Mar 27, 2021
I wanted to reply to this as someone also with too much experience of the NHS and how their input can sometimes be damaging. I am fighting sleep so hopefully I am making sense, but the only place I have come across over the years is https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/hospitals/what-is-pals-patient-advice-and-liaison-service/ I have never used them myself, but the brief encounter I did have, there was a different tone and slightly more understanding. I am however sorry you have had to go through the experience's you have, especially when you are doing the brave thing of seeking help that the NHS themselves encourage.

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and TooConscious
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I wanted to reply to this as someone also with too much experience of the NHS and how their input can sometimes be damaging. I am fighting sleep so hopefully I am making sense, but the only place I have come across over the years is https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/hospitals/what-is-pals-patient-advice-and-liaison-service/ I have never used them myself, but the brief encounter I did have, there was a different tone and slightly more understanding. I am however sorry you have had to go through the experience's you have, especially when you are doing the brave thing of seeking help that the NHS themselves encourage.
Thank you my friend I will look into them this afternoon.
I recall them from about 7 years ago when I was experiencing huge gastrointestinal bleeds they could not find and the answer was on the first scan but I can't remember why they came up if it was recommended or what but I'm pretty sure they used to go round speaking to patients.
Thanks again I'd forgot all about them.

O

oblongsquare

Mar 27, 2021
Thank you my friend I will look into them this afternoon.
I recall them from about 7 years ago when I was experiencing huge gastrointestinal bleeds they could not find and the answer was on the first scan but I can't remember why they came up if it was recommended or what but I'm pretty sure they used to go round speaking to patients.
Thanks again I'd forgot all about them.
No problem at all, Yes, usually they do a lot of outreach work in hospitals, they are also quicker to reply I have noticed. I hope you find some resolution, you are not alone

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and TooConscious