R

regular john

Dec 17, 2020
Hi guys

Since I am relatively new to the group I know very little. In many posts I saw that people mention FixThe26. What sort of group is this ? What kind of people this group includes ?

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, it's_all_a_game, oversizedsweaters and 5 others
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
I would have never heard of them until they were brought up on here. They are apparently a anti-choice group that seem to have a vendetta against this website despite their actions ironically pushing people closer to suicide.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, voyager, Umbreon and 22 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
If you google "fixthe26" you'll find their website immediately.

They're basically "the antagonists" of SS. They are pro-lifers (which until a certain point wouldn't be bad) who wanna shut down this community immediately. They take screenshots from different members posts and upload them on their website. Always "paraphrasing in a negative way" what that person meant. Just go have a look and you'll see.

They say we even motivate children to kill themselves. Ridiculous!

We're just a community to talk freely about suicide, depression, etc. We're not forcing anybody to kill themselves.

Anyway, sadly, I think the only thing fixthe26 wants is MONEY. Yeah, you heard me right. They have a DONATIONS button on their website. Fundraising for shutting down SS or for spending it on whatever they feel like? Who knows...

Well, that's basically FT26. Just go to their website and you'll see.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, verloren, nitrogennitrite2 and 24 others
R

regular john

Dec 17, 2020
Somebody wrote that recently they pushed somebody to suicide. If they are pro lifers why they push people to suicide ?

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, nitrogennitrite2, stevieu and 11 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Somebody wrote that recently they pushed somebody to suicide. If they are pro lifers why they push people to suicide ?

That's the ironic part. They think they're helping us but they're only making things worse. Cyberbullying and pressure to members from here won't certainly help.

• Love
Reactions: nitrogennitrite2, deleted, Wrennie and 13 others
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019

They're basically "the antagonists" of SS. They are pro-lifers (which until a certain point wouldn't be bad) who wanna shut down this community immediately. They screenshot different members' posts and upload them on their website. Always "paraphrasing negatively" what that person meant. Just go have a look and you'll see.

We're just a community to talk freely about suicide, depression, etc. We're not forcing anybody to kill themselves.

Anyway, sadly, I think the only thing fixthe26 wants is MONEY. Yeah, you heard me right. They have a DONATIONS button on their website. Fundraising for shutting down SS or for spending it on whatever they feel like? Who knows...

Well, that's FT26. Just go to their website and you'll see.
Wait wait wait!!!! They criticized this website for having a donations page...

So they have one ?? For what tho?? Bc honestly the only things they should be fundraising for are mental health treatment for themselves like, invest some of that in a support group or a personal therapist like damn.... that's wack...

Also, the problem with FT26 is it isn't just grieving moms. It's gotten to the point of random people tryna fight the good fight but lacking A LOT of nuisance to things.

Like what sparked recent events is a mom made a post that ger 17yr old kid ended their life and did it through resources they may have learned about here(I dunno the full details on that. Not doubting their story in that regard)

So that whole tweet sparked a bunch of sympathetic people which obviously when u hear minor and suicide that is what's gonna happen... but they didn't provide many nuances or anything.

Why was ur kid on here unsupervised anyway? and all that but I don't wanna throw shit around like that so.

They're now just relying on calling us all vicious vile names along with telling us that we are all being brainwashed and manipulated by the moderators to keep up and defend this "cult"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: stevieu, TooConscious, finalexit and 4 others
Misantrope

Misantrope

Jan 14, 2021
I think that all these grieving parents and relatives are trying dull their own guilt by blaming this site for the suicide of their loved ones. In this kind of situations people try to find the reason, why it happened, they want an explanation and something or someone to blame, to avoid their own responsibility. They don't want to feel that they've not done enough or were one of the reasons of one's suicide. When they find out that person was using this site, it's easier to find scapegoat.. Reality is that even without this site there's a big possibility that the person would end his life, but it would be the way more painful experience.. Even if I feel sorry for them, I think that these people are too selfish.. They don't understand that the person wanted out. Nobody should live for someone else, especially when the existence becomes unbearable.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nitup, speck, usernameforhere and 20 others
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
I literally wrote a post weeks ago that their attacks are going to affect people. Im am so sorry it actually happened. They sit heavily deflecting on Twitter tho so if that's a trigger id stay off the page for a bit...

Really disgusting how they've almost been milking or twisting someones passing. Its so gross.

• Love
Reactions: stevieu, it's_all_a_game, TooConscious and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Wait wait wait!!!! They criticized this website for having a donations page...

So they have one ?? For what tho??
Ridiculous, isn't it? That donations button is really weird but I bet some desperate moms or pro-lifers donate some cash.

Reactions: Helpneedtips, TooConscious and not-2-b-the-answer
Misantrope

Misantrope

Jan 14, 2021
Ridiculous, isn't it? That donations button is really weird but I bet some desperate moms or pro-lifers donate some cash.
I think that's their way of coping that will lead them to acceptance...

• Hugs
Reactions: TooConscious, not-2-b-the-answer and WornOutLife
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
It is but like... Why not use that money to improve your mental health and maybe even the lives of others??? Like it bothers me bc i know a lot of people here (myself inculded) where money would help A LOT of our issues.

Like its disgusting of them to sit there/privileged in ways/receiving support in ways that some of us can ONLY DREAM ABOUT but all they can fucking do is attack people like wtf?

Its ridiculous because even the worst of the worst here... like no one is sitting attacking someone so heavily (or without consequences I should say). If ur gonna be all up in someones business at least be helping them...

If they spent even half of the hateful energy to actually embrace and help people then they could do sooo much.

Like I dont think people realize but you are all peer supporters here. Thats an actual job and it depends on your life experience but there actual training for it but most of the time all you need is lived experience.

With that being said we are all here offering our peer supoort for free and with issues of our own and yet??? All they wanan do is talk shit on twitter.

Im sorry no sorry bu after recent events and how the are twisting that it is no longer ok to just keep quiet.

Like i legit saw someone (on their side) say that they knew the member here that passed and how "FT26 had nothing to do with it." Like nah thats not ok. You dont get to cause distress to someone and then brush it off. Yeah we all have A LOT going on in life which is why we dont need any extra or external fucking pressure.

• Love
Reactions: stevieu, TooConscious, finalexit and 6 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It is but like... Why not use that money to improve your mental health and maybe even the lives of others??? Like it bothers me bc i know a lot of people here (myself inculded) where money would help A LOT of our issues.

Like its disgusting of them to sit there/privileged in ways/receiving support in ways that some of us can ONLY DREAM ABOUT but all they can fucking do is attack people like wtf?

Its ridiculous because even the worst of the worst here... like no one is sitting attacking someone so heavily (or without consequences I should say). If ur gonna be all up in someones business at least be helping them...

If they spent even half of the hateful energy to actually embrace and help people then they could do sooo much.

Like I dont think people realize but you are all peer supporters here. Thats an actual job and it depends on your life experience but there actual training for it but most of the time all you need is lived experience.

With that being said we are all here offering our peer supoort for free and with issues of our own and yet??? All they wanan do is talk shit on twitter.

Im sorry no sorry bu after recent events and how the are twisting that it is no longer ok to just keep quiet.

Like i legit saw someone (on their side) say that they knew the member here that passed and how "FT26 had nothing to do with it." Like nah thats not ok. You dont get to cause distress to someone and then brush it off. Yeah we all have A LOT going on in life which is why we dont need any extra or external fucking pressure.

I totally agree with you. That money could be used to help lots of people instead of "punishing them for being part of this website".

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, TooConscious, it's_all_a_game and 3 others
E

exhaustedrabbit

Feb 5, 2021
Honestly, without the crusade against this place I never would have found it, so in that effect I'm almost grateful. My suicidal ideation has been at an all time high due to family, and I would have definitely just parked on the train tracks last week if not for lucking out and looking up other methods. SN is a far more peaceful alternative and the process of attaining it and anti-emetics is longer than driving to the local tracks. Statistically, that improves my chances of not going through with it. They should be thrilled.

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Helpneedtips, stevieu and 8 others
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Yeah, insisting that this site be taken off of Google's results page and then trumpeting "IF YOU GO TO SS YOU CAN FIND INFO ON SUICIDE METHODS" to the heavens is weird as fuck. I actually think it's better if sites like this stay a little obscure. There are other places better-equipped to help people who are in an impulsive frame of mind and just want any kind of relief NOW. That's not a mental state you should make any kind of major decision in. Ideally, this would be a place people would only end up in after they've put some considered persistence toward the idea of ending their lives. But as usual, the "SAVE TEH CHILDERN AAAAAAAAAAAAAA" people know better than the rest of us.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Helpneedtips, Spitfire and 11 others
A

Awayout

Jun 17, 2019
"Fixthe26" is literally just a donation scam. They're exploiting the deaths of people that decided to take their own lives instead of living decades of pain and misery. Nowhere in their website do they explain where the money is going to. In fact, taking SS down isn't something they truly want as it would cut off all their income, ending their scam.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, passenger520, Helpneedtips and 7 others
L

lifesucksxoxo

Nov 3, 2020

They're basically "the antagonists" of SS. They are pro-lifers (which until a certain point wouldn't be bad) who wanna shut down this community immediately. They take screenshots from different members posts and upload them on their website. Always "paraphrasing in a negative way" what that person meant. Just go have a look and you'll see.

Well, that's basically FT26. Just go to their website and you'll see.
The funny thing is, having a painless way out kinda eases the pain. U know theres a way out, so if anything goes wrong you can just end it right there. It kinda gives u control over your life.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Nitup, TooConscious and 6 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Fixthe26 are a bunch of pro-life Karens who believe that SS, our community, are a bunch of pedophiles, incels, and predators preying on the mentally ill people. They have repeatedly called for the execution of our members and for the arrest and prosecution for even mentioning suicide. Any attempt to communicate with them will have them shouting you down and telling you that you've been brainwashed by the site's admins. Followed by empty death threats...They're like a suicide conversion therapy group, bunch of religious nutjobs led by a crack head Mama June Karen. They gonna bash the suicide out of all of us so we become part of God's warriors...lol

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, LifeQuitter2018, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 7 others
L

lugerepair

I don't like life
Oct 15, 2020
I just went to check out their website. It says:

"Below you will see posts made by members of this detrimental group encouraging suicide. They are not only targeting children, but also autistic people. The evidence is clear."

As an autistic person: 1) I don't enjoy being lumped in with children. 2) I wasn't targeted by anyone. I went and found this website of my own volition when I was already suicidal.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: deadinsideforever, Nitup, LifeQuitter2018 and 11 others
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
I just went to check out their website. It says:

As an autistic person: 1) I don't enjoy being lumped in with children. 2) I wasn't targeted by anyone. I went and found this website of my own volition when I was already suicidal.
Not only is that horrendously misinformed, that is blatantly demeaning & disrespectful to people with Autism. Clearly these people are so deluded in their thinking that they would say some utter nonsense like that & pass it as fact.

• Love
Reactions: stevieu, TooConscious, finalexit and 2 others
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
The fixthe26 Loser's have got a petition going to Shut us Down! Maybe if they could read maybe one of the fraggles could read their own Bill of rights! And go find something more productive to do!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210208-211041.png
    Screenshot_20210208-211041.png
    508.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire, TooConscious, Hyperbunny and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Fixthe26 are a bunch of pro-life Karens who believe that SS, our community, are a bunch of pedophiles, incels, and predators preying on the mentally ill people. They have repeatedly called for the execution of our members and for the arrest and prosecution for even mentioning suicide. Any attempt to communicate with them will have them shouting you down and telling you that you've been brainwashed by the site's admins. Followed by empty death threats...They're like a suicide conversion therapy group, bunch of religious nutjobs led by a crack head Mama June Karen. They gonna bash the suicide out of all of us so we become part of God's warriors...lol
So they want to execute me... That's what I want. :pfff:

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, TooConscious, these_days9 and 1 other person
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Oct 20, 2020
"Fix The 26" is pushing for reform of Section 230 of the Communication Decency Act, with the intention to write content moderation into law that would make sites like SS (or, as they put it, content that makes the Internet "less safe for kids") either illegal or very hard to operate. Just as it sounds, this could have implications far beyond the topic of inclusion of suicide discourse. I would be surprised if it's the only organization that sees bipartisan support for reform as the perfect opportunity to push for content moderation according to a certain agenda. In the end, what currently is a balanced piece of legislation could end up a lopsided clusterfuck - some of which might give the government far too much power over what goes on the Internet and what doesn't. And all of this is surely going to cost a lot of (taxpayer) money to figure out.

Section 230 not only protects the choice to keep content up, but also the choice to take it down. Think about the implications of that for a moment. As much of a Mickey Mouse operation as "Fix The 26" seems to be, I would take it seriously as part of a greater whole. So American members, please don't sleep on this! Call on your senators to protect your freedoms, consider supporting digital rights organizations like the EFF, or just take whatever time and energy you feel is appropriate to read up on the topic if you haven't already.

https://www.eff.org/issues/cda230
https://www.eff.org/document/section-230-not-broken

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter2018, Helpneedtips, TooConscious and 4 others
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Please excuse my ignorance but what's a 'Karen'???

• Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire
Ani198

Ani198

Jan 17, 2021
I was in a pro-choice discord server that got raided by 3-4 pro-lifers. Against my better judgment, I got into an argument with them and they almost pushed me over the edge. They threatened to get me arrested, told me I was a piece of shit who deserved to die, and spent hours slandering the whole pro-choice community. They ended up reporting the server and unfortunately it was taken down (me and a few other active members created a new one tho lmao).

Pro-choicers hide behind the guise of "moral high ground" and spend their time harassing and insulting depressed people who are already close to the edge. My SN gets here in a few weeks, but I was seriously only a few seconds away from just cutting the shit out of my wrists talking to them. Fuck "FixThe26" and "pro-lifers."

• Aww..
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Nitup, it's_all_a_game and 3 others
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
That's the ironic part. They think they're helping us but they're only making things worse. Cyberbullying and pressure to members from here won't certainly help.
They pick on the most vulnerable because they're cowards. Energy vampires.
They are the sort of evil people who will also 'troll' anything they see like videos of people with disability etc. Scum.
So they want to execute me... That's what I want. :pfff:
Just shows they are sadists...

People guilty of something usually attack other innocent parties for those very things. So it takes the limelight off them.

I have been away for over two weeks due to struggle to regain access after site change, that break has made me realize that today my negative thought processes are souring actually leading me away from suicide and down a path of hatred, caused by the couple of them in here so that shows the negativity they spread. Good luck for your futures everyone. Well done to those of you who stay brave, strong, fighting and not letting these scum get to you in regardless of your pain. Goodbye.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Spitfire, not-2-b-the-answer and WornOutLife
Echo81

Echo81

Feb 5, 2021
Please excuse my ignorance but what's a 'Karen'???
Type in Karens in IG or Google. You don't want a description, you want a video for this one.

• Yay!
Reactions: Symbiote, Spitfire, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
T

TessB

Warlock
Oct 13, 2020
Fix the 26 is a group set up by Kelli Wilson , parent of ss member who successfully ctb. There's a website with screenshots from here as 'evidence' put completely out of context. They trawl back years just to find stuff to post to make their point.
Other groups with the same agenda include stop sanctioned suicide on Facebook, which uses badly thought out and laughable strategies to attempt to paint ss in a bad light. They are also just plain nasty.. an example being a member calling me a vile excuse of a human being the other day for correcting her spelling!!
The fact is I guess these people need to channel their negative energy somewhere so this is what they do. They aren't a serious threat to ss, this place is perfectly within the law.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, stevieu and Spitfire
Echo81

Echo81

Feb 5, 2021
Fix the 26 is a group set up by Kelli Wilson , parent of ss member who successfully ctb. There's a website with screenshots from here as 'evidence' put completely out of context. They trawl back years just to find stuff to post to make their point.
Other groups with the same agenda include stop sanctioned suicide on Facebook, which uses badly thought out and laughable strategies to attempt to paint ss in a bad light. They are also just plain nasty.. an example being a member calling me a vile excuse of a human being the other day for correcting her spelling!!
The fact is I guess these people need to channel their negative energy somewhere so this is what they do. They aren't a serious threat to ss, this place is perfectly within the law.
I went on that site for the first time last night. Tbh it makes me not want to post here anymore. The language of the grieving family members lashes out. When people are in such a state they can be dangerous(source watched my family disintegrate and turn into inhuman monsters when a family member died suddenly and very young, not suicide) I went to sleep last night not feeling safe. I want to wipe my phone before I ctb but will that take off all the photos that are on my phone? I am not shaming anyone here but why on earth would anyone leave up this site on their browser next to their body?? That ruins thing for the rest of us. Just because you kill yourself doesn't mean throw out consideration for others. That's even why I changed my method.

And can anyone comment on some of these comments from one of the mothers? I am trying to figure out if she is lying or exaggerating what happened.
1.- she mentions bloody vomit(SN ctb) is that a thing? Makes sense.
2. She mentions that there was vomit in HER room and that her son had called her while sick. Before I get to that, she said she cleaned up the vomit and changed. If she is a nurse why did she not check on her son immediately if there was bloody vomit? And he had time to call her and tell her he was sick in between fits of bloody vomiting in more than one room of the house? She HAD to have known he was sick because what kind of a nurse like I said above cleans a huge mess, showers and changes before checking on her depressed son?
3. She said she waited 3 days before checking his phone. Would not the police have taken the phone to look through? I have seen many articles on suicide where they specifically mention the police finding pertinent information on cell phone. It seems unbelievable to me the police did not take the phone.

I was not there obviously but these are some things that don't make sense. I'm thinking there is propaganda going on to further an agenda. I personally will do all possible to decrease chances of exposure and angry, grieving people to blame MY choices on an internet site.

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TooConscious, popcorn, it's_all_a_game and 1 other person
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
They are also just plain nasty.. an example being a member calling me a vile excuse of a human being the other day for correcting her spelling!!
They what? Well, that's somebody being added to my list.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and TessB
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I went on that site for the first time last night. Tbh it makes me not want to post here anymore. The language of the grieving family members lashes out. When people are in such a state they can be dangerous(source watched my family disintegrate and turn into inhuman monsters when a family member died suddenly and very young, not suicide) I went to sleep last night not feeling safe. I want to wipe my phone before I ctb but will that take off all the photos that are on my phone? I am not shaming anyone here but why on earth would anyone leave up this site on their browser next to their body?? That ruins thing for the rest of us. Just because you kill yourself doesn't mean throw out consideration for others. That's even why I changed my method.

And can anyone comment on some of these comments from one of the mothers? I am trying to figure out if she is lying or exaggerating what happened.
1.- she mentions bloody vomit(SN ctb) is that a thing? Makes sense.
2. She mentions that there was vomit in HER room and that her son had called her while sick. Before I get to that, she said she cleaned up the vomit and changed. If she is a nurse why did she not check on her son immediately if there was bloody vomit? And he had time to call her and tell her he was sick in between fits of bloody vomiting in more than one room of the house? She HAD to have known he was sick because what kind of a nurse like I said above cleans a huge mess, showers and changes before checking on her depressed son?
3. She said she waited 3 days before checking his phone. Would not the police have taken the phone to look through? I have seen many articles on suicide where they specifically mention the police finding pertinent information on cell phone. It seems unbelievable to me the police did not take the phone.

I was not there obviously but these are some things that don't make sense. I'm thinking there is propaganda going on to further an agenda. I personally will do all possible to decrease chances of exposure and angry, grieving people to blame MY choices on an internet site.

Thoughts anyone?
I think people shouldn't have S.S on their iPhone when they CTB. I don't have it on my phone but I do on my tablet. I delete my browser history & my tablet won't be found... At least not right beside me.
I went to fixthe26 Twitter but I didn't see the place where she said how her son died. I'm sorry for her loss but even shutting this site down will never stop suicide. Just lead to more violent deaths.
I noticed she said she has evidence of people livestreaming their deaths. Where??? Does she not know what livestreaming is??? I thought it was video of people dying or am I wrong??? I know people sometimes do a goodbye thread but I don't think that's considered livestreaming.
Instead of fixing the 26... Start by fixing the shittyness of life!!!
Just my thoughts.

Reactions: Ani198, TooConscious, Echo81 and 1 other person