N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I know maybe one would say in an ideal world there was no need for suicide forums because often people who endure a lot of pain consult them. But I don't mean that with this question.

I know many feel uncomfortable when they see there are currently 208 members online and 557 guests. Not sure what I shall think about it. I like it when people say that my threads can comfort or distract them. So I like when people read them.

On the other hand I am often quite anxious about doxxing and the more people are in the forum the more likely it gets someone can identify you. However I think rationally this is quite unlikely. I am glad there are not that many people in this forum with my nationality.

So for the people who feel uncomfortable about the number of visitors which number would be fine for you? Or is it rather the ratio between guests or members which makes you nervous? Admittedly this also applies to me. So many people read the stuff I write but I will never get a grasp of their consciousness.

Of course it is tragic and horrible that so many people have to suffer in such an unfair way. However on the other hand the fact that we are a virutal crowd makes it easier to find someone to who one can relate.

I think most of us did not feel comfortable after all the reportings about this forum and how much attention it got. It feels less privately since. On the other hand I don't feel very important. At least not on the internet. There is such a mass of people. My importance is so tiny when I think about all the people in the world. I read there are coming 2 new humans every second into the world. I think in this calculation the people who die are already substracted.

With which amount of people would you feel the most comfortable?

• Hugs
Reactions: Install-Gentoo, chloramine, waitingforrest and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
5x5 inches is ideal size, I've had no complaints so far.

Reactions: Install-Gentoo
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I have wanted the website restricted to members only for some time. Forcing people to wait for membership can serve to filter out the less sure. It also ensures that, if a minor accesses the site, they lie about their age to sign up. In my mind, that puts less responsibility on the site for the kid's eventual decision.

Reactions: chloramine and Suicidе
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
Zero, I wish nobody were here.
But since life can be horrible, I guess this size is about right. Village-like in size.

Reactions: chloramine, waitingforrest, WhatPowerIs and 1 other person
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Ideally nobody should be on here because I really don't think anybody should confront the idea of suicide, but it's a human constant and it's going to happen anyway. I don't know, then, small? If it were really big, then we would have problems.

Reactions: chloramine
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
I don't know. As you said ideally no one would feel the need to be on here. Setting that aside… Personally as long as everyone is here for reasons that align with the purpose of the site I'd rather have a larger community. It means it'll be more likely for people to receive replies when they need them. The number of guests can be concerning with fears of people watching to condemn or doxxing, but realistically I imagine a good number of those are people who fit into the purpose for the site. They could be anxious about joining or are trying to get a feel for it or some other reason.

actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Ideal size? Hmm... ideally would be to have this forum normalized and people openly talk about possibility of ending your life.
But realistically It would be best to have other forums like this being more popular and SS staying as this niche site, so we do not get all the flak.