disappearingquietly

disappearingquietly

Aug 15, 2024
Well, as the title says. Suspension hanging looks less.. well, gory. But jumping in front of a train looks very lethal. Also, I could put my head on the tracks, and either get crushed or decapitated, which would probably result in instantaneous death. I'm not quite sure. Could anyone help me to see which is better in terms of lethality and quickness?

X

xandermax

Aug 25, 2024
One is definitely more of an inconvenience to commuters.

Reactions: lynnschronicles, permanently tired, disappearingquietly and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Full hanging is the sure thing and it doesn't affect others like a train driver is affected for example.

Reactions: waiting93, disappearingquietly and Hollowman
Avoider

Avoider

Aug 25, 2024
I believe hanging results in a guaranteed death if done correctly. At least you have control over the set up.
I would personally try to preserve others as much as possible but it does not seem to be your main preoccupation. So yeah, jumping in front of a train is unpredictable as for the outcome

• Love
Reactions: lynnschronicles, waiting93 and disappearingquietly
disappearingquietly

disappearingquietly

Aug 15, 2024
I believe hanging results in a guaranteed death if done correctly. At least you have control over the set up.
I would personally try to preserve others as much as possible but it does not seem to be your main preoccupation. So yeah, jumping in front of a train is unpredictable as for the outcome
My preoccupation with suicide via train is due to how painless it looks. If I placed my head on the tracks, decapitation or crushing of my head would most likely ensue, which would result in instantaneous death. With hanging, my mind seems to process THAT as more painful, oddly. The idea of the train operator having to see that is pretty off-putting, though.

C

chester

Aug 1, 2024
If I placed my head on the tracks, decapitation or crushing of my head would most likely ensue,
If you're thinking about your head being cut off by the wheel, that won't happen. Take a closer look at how locomotives are built. There is a lot of stuff hanging quite low over the rails in front of the wheels. Something could hit you, it might tear off your head, but chances of it being a nice and clean cut are close to none.

• Informative
Reactions: sugarb
X

xandermax

Aug 25, 2024
With the train you could end up touching the third rail, get free ECT and come back here telling us you're cured.

• Yay!
Reactions: Avoider
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Well, as the title says. Suspension hanging looks less.. well, gory. But jumping in front of a train looks very lethal. Also, I could put my head on the tracks, and either get crushed or decapitated, which would probably result in instantaneous death. I'm not quite sure. Could anyone help me to see which is better in terms of lethality and quickness?
Full hanging is fairly foolproof and the third most lethal common method behind firearms and drowning, so it's pretty good.

I don't know about the SI of it, but I don't think it'd be that bad compared to a train, which from the accounts I've read has extremely high SI.

Keeping one's head on the track is apparently extremely scary and it vibrates/heats up as the train approaches. Also, getting torn apart by the train if you don't instantly die by the wheel would be very unpleasant to say the least. Not to mention the collateral damage.
With the train you could end up touching the third rail, get free ECT and come back here telling us you're cured.
You are one of the great thinkers of our times 😋