N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
There are different types of depressions.
I can't summarize them all. I will link an article which elaborates on them.

Seemingly there are 7 common types but the article describes even more. I think it would be also interesting to describe your symptoms.

I have bipolar depression. Partly it is treatment resistant. The treatment does help but I still have a lot of suicidal thoughts. These thoughts stem partially from my illness but also from my life circumstances.

My symptoms vary. I had for like 2,5 years in my life severe psychosomatic pain due to my bipolar depression. I was very agitated. It was unbearable.

The worst symptoms are currently: anxiety, very low resilience, low self-esteem, trouble making decisions, feeling hopeless (but in my case that is also a quite rational thought), having downs in the evening

How would you classify your depression? Which are the worst symptoms?

• Informative
Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, lavendersrue, pikku.tiikeri and 1 other person
Achlys

Achlys

So tired...
Apr 23, 2022
Based on the page you linked, I would be classified as having "persistent depressive disorder," since I've been severely depressed for many years. I did almost enter psychosis several years ago, though, but I doubt I have psychotic depression. That was more of a one-off situation.

I also don't know if this qualifies me for treatment-resistant depression, but I've tried two (maybe three) antidepressants. Both made me feel worse in one way or another. One of them killed my appetite, and I lost 10 lbs in less than a week. Because of those bad experiences, I haven't tried any more. Well, that and because I'd still want to ctb due to other issues, I'm afraid.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: pikku.tiikeri

Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
I've been officially diagnosed with major depression. 🥲

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: fox_wannabe, lofticries and pikku.tiikeri
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
Apparently the never-relenting variety.

• Aww..
Reactions: Fml, Ashu and pikku.tiikeri
pikku.tiikeri

pikku.tiikeri

Apr 17, 2022
Mine would be 'situational' depression according to the article, as I became depressed after losing my soulmate. But the article also says it's not a technical term in psychiatry, so I don't know what the technical term is.

Kismet

Kismet

life is pointless
Feb 16, 2022
I thinkI have the bipolar one. I can have some ups that are insane and downs that make me impossible to be around. Been this way since I can remember. Sometimes the ups will last a few weeks, wish I could figure out how to make them stay or repeat more often

Lose interest in things off and on, obsessive sometimes, addictive for sure. I hate mornings, they are literally the worst. I lose interest in everything at some point. Procrastinate pretty bad.

Can't sleep at night, always a struggle and lucky if I get 4 to 5 hours. Takes me about 4 hours to fall asleep thinking about all the regrets of the day, maybe that's normal for most though.

Suicidal thoughts most every night, wish life had a switch. Wish I could talk to someone like a doctor or therapist, but can't bring myself to do it. Gotta present like nothing is wrong for some reason

• Aww..
Reactions: lavendersrue
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Whatever depression caused by sex dysphoria falls under.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I don't know what specifically to call it, but I call it the bad kind that doesn't go away.

lavendersrue

lavendersrue

Perpetual Dreamer
Mar 28, 2022
I've been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder, and I experience a lot of the symptoms described in the article. I also experience PMDD.

When I'm not having an episode, I'm super upbeat! I invest a lot of time in skincare and beauty routines. I exercise regularly and maintain a balanced diet. I'm very tidy and organized. I like going on impromtu roadtrips and learning new things.

When I'm having an episode (which generally lasts for a few months) I become gloomy. I sleep all the time during the day, but have trouble falling asleep at night. I neglect my personal hygiene, and usually gain anywhere from 5 to 30 lbs (2 to 14 kg) due to poor diet and lack of exercise. My room always falls into complete disarray. I always feel fatigued.

The worst symptom is, of course, suicidal thoughts. I constantly feel sad and hopeless.

The second-worst is dissociation. I've only experienced it maybe twice or so, but it's terrible. I don't feel like myself, and sometimes I seriously don't recognize myself in the mirror. A lot of people describe it as having an out-of-body experience. I always struggle to remember things that occur during this period, even major life events. My memories are a bit like looking through a blurry lense. Sort-of detached and cloudy. One time it was so bad that, not only was I institutionalized, but I was put on an antipsychotic.

R

rattenkrieg

Apr 24, 2022
Currently dealing with post-manic depression.

fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
bipolar type 2 but sometimes I feel like dysthemia. Especially during everyday activities.

No Entertainment

No Entertainment

Life is a once-in-a-lifetime experience
Apr 25, 2022
Based on article above I would be classified as having Atypical depression.