T

tuto170

Student
Jul 1, 2019
which train to choose to ctb? Does it really matter? Also which position to choose to go under? I think i'll lay my head on a railway track while being inside.I know you people are against this method, but I just don't care what happens after my death anyways.

1599128334822 1599128361685

• Hugs
Reactions: Rn110bg101 and krsu
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
If you have a choice, cargo would mean no potentially traumatised passengers. But a cargo train would be moving more slowly too I expect.

Reactions: Ybother
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Saying the passengers of the train will get traumatized is a bit too much. At max they will be shocked, but it will pass as they go on with their lives, since they weren't controlling the train. Now, the conductor is the real victim here, since they would, in theory, have the duty of stopping the train before it hits you, and failing to do so will put the burden of having killed somebody on their shoulders. So it doesn't matter, in my opinion. You will traumatize the conductor in both cases. You may make the passengers late to their appointments though, so maybe a cargo would affect less people. Sorry, I do not know which position to lay on the track. But here in my town at least, where there are only cargo trains, they go slower inside the urban area, so it'd be more effective if you tried this outskirts.

• Hugs
Reactions: Greenberg and Kassender
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Saying the passengers of the train will get traumatized is a bit too much. At max they will be shocked, but it will pass as they go on with their lives, since they weren't controlling the train. Now, the conductor is the real victim here, since they would, in theory, have the duty of stopping the train before it hits you, and failing to do so will put the burden of having killed somebody on their shoulders. So it doesn't matter, in my opinion. You will traumatize the conductor in both cases. You may make the passengers late to their appointments though, so maybe a cargo would affect less people. Sorry, I do not know which position to lay on the track. But here in my town at least, where there are only cargo trains, they go slower inside the urban area, so it'd be more effective if you tried this outskirts.
As I said in another train thread, if traumatizing the conductor is an issue, remember to make sure that conductor for the train you decide to use is someone who you know deserves to be traumatized, or someone who wouldn't get traumatized.

Reactions: Ybother, Greenberg and Lupgevif
T

tuto170

Student
Jul 1, 2019
As I said in another train thread, if traumatizing the conductor is an issue, remember to make sure that conductor for the train you decide to use is someone who you know deserves to be traumatized, or someone who wouldn't get traumatized.
How am i supposed to know that? Am i gonna call railway company and ask if the conductor coming in an hour to my town is an asshole cause i wanna traumatize him? I dont care what happens when i die, i wont even leave a goodbye letter.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ybother, Rn110bg101 and Soul
krsu

krsu

Jun 10, 2020
i was told train conductors are specifically taught and warned about the fact that in their careers they are prone to eventually seeing animals or humans get hit by their trains and im sure it will still shock them, but they know what they signed up for.

Reactions: afutility
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
How am i supposed to know that? Am i gonna call railway company and ask if the conductor coming in an hour to my town is an asshole cause i wanna traumatize him? I dont care what happens when i die, i wont even leave a goodbye letter.
I was half joking but really, if you don't care then you don't care. I meant that only for people who do care.

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
You should definitely choose a cargo train, not only because of moral reasons. Cargo trains are usually much heavier than passenger ones and due to conservation of momentum, a bigger force will act upon your body. That means it's more likely you'll ctb. It's also important that the train should have high velocity so you have to do it outside the city.

I don't wanna pretend to be smart but I'll tell you why I would never jump under a train. Well, some locomotives has a structural element called 'the box'. I dunno if it's a proper english term, it comes from polish slang. Anyway, this element has a small entrance in front of a chassis of locomotive. I've heard stories when train drivers claimed to hear suicidal people bumped into that thing. They were massacred about an hour before they died. 'The box' is a small place filled with slow-moving mechanical devices.

However, I don't know if it applies to all the locomotives around the world. I'm sure 'boxes' are common along locomotives in post-communist countires

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, aligatorek, krsu and 2 others
FewerMoats

FewerMoats

Sep 1, 2020
You should definitely choose a cargo train, not only because of moral reasons. Cargo trains are usually much heavier than passenger ones and due to conservation of momentum, a bigger force will act upon your body. That means it's more likely you'll ctb. It's also important that the train should have high velocity so you have to do it outside the city.

I don't wanna pretend to be smart but I'll tell you why I would never jump under a train. Well, some locomotives has a structural element called 'the box'. I dunno if it's a proper english term, it comes from polish slang. Anyway, this element has a small entrance in front of a chassis of locomotive. I've heard stories when train drivers claimed to hear suicidal people bumped into that thing. They were massacred about an hour before they died. 'The box' is a small place filled with slow-moving mechanical devices.

However, I don't know if it applies to all the locomotives around the world. I'm sure 'boxes' are common along locomotives in post-communist countires
Wouldn't you think it's fail safe if you lay your neck on the track though?

I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Either train will do bro for purpose of ctb ... And since u say u don't care once u die then there is nothing to worry about .. Just pick one on an impulse if u will

T

tronic72

Sep 4, 2020
Maybe try a building instead. The driver will be fucked up afterwards. Had a family friend with PTSD after killing a young teen who suicided. My two cents

Reactions: Myforevercharlie
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
i was told train conductors are specifically taught and warned about the fact that in their careers they are prone to eventually seeing animals or humans get hit by their trains and im sure it will still shock them, but they know what they signed up for.

No they don't. You know how it will effect you after something like that has happened. You can't train that.

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
Wouldn't you think it's fail safe if you lay your neck on the track though?
Well, it's complicated. As far as I know putting your head on the rail is discouraged because it's hard to predict how the force will apportion upon your body. It depends on the locomotive's chassis construction, your position, speed and other factors. Some people claim it's a good way to catch the bus via a train, however I couldn't find any discussion. In my opinion the force might break your neck or even rip off your head but it can also damage you immortally. It's safer to jump on the front of train so physically your body will act like during a fall from a very great height (above 200 m).

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
FewerMoats

FewerMoats

Sep 1, 2020
Well, it's complicated. As far as I know putting your head on the rail is discouraged because it's hard to predict how the force will apportion upon your body. It depends on the locomotive's chassis construction, your position, speed and other factors. Some people claim it's a good way to catch the bus via a train, however I couldn't find any discussion. In my opinion the force might break your neck or even rip off your head but it can also damage you immortally. It's safer to jump on the front of train so physically your body will act like during a fall from a very great height (above 200 m).
I don't know. I'm not saying it goes perfect 100% of the time. I've seen videos and it went just fine. I was so glad about this.

E

enuff

had enuff
Sep 10, 2020
I don't understand why y'all so concerned about traumatizing train conductors and passengers. If you jump off of a tall building, passersby will see you. If you ctb at home, your family will be traumatized. If you crash your car, everyone passing by looks to see the carnage. So no matter what or how or where, somebody will be traumatized by your suicide. Except maybe if you sink youself underwater, so nobody will find you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steven88, Cherrypea and aBLEACHyindividual
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Saying the passengers of the train will get traumatized is a bit too much. At max they will be shocked, but it will pass as they go on with their lives, since they weren't controlling the train. Now, the conductor is the real victim here, since they would, in theory, have the duty of stopping the train before it hits you, and failing to do so will put the burden of having killed somebody on their shoulders. So it doesn't matter, in my opinion. You will traumatize the conductor in both cases. You may make the passengers late to their appointments though, so maybe a cargo would affect less people.
As a train crash survivor that crashed due to someone committing suicide on the tracks, I can tell you, its traumatising. 6 people died and countless more were injured in my crash. I've never been so scared in my life and it took years for me to be able to even go to a train station. Please don't make assumptions people will just get on with their lives after an incident like this. The driver certainly won't. I couldn't be more against a method if I tried to be honest.

Reactions: nerve, Silver, Silenos and 1 other person
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
These threads may be of interest:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/train-megathread.38771/
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/train-positioning.40030/

Reactions: Cherrypea
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
As a train crash survivor that crashed due to someone committing suicide on the tracks, I can tell you, its traumatising. 6 people died and countless more were injured in my crash. I've never been so scared in my life and it took years for me to be able to even go to a train station. Please don't make assumptions people will just get on with their lives after an incident like this. The driver certainly won't. I couldn't be more against a method if I tried to be honest.
The trauma came from the crash, not from someone attempting suicide on the tracks. Had the train just hit the person and remained intact, without any passengers getting hurt, I assure you the psychological consequences would've been much more bland. About the driver, I made it very clear in the same post you quoted that they would be the ones to get traumatized for sure. I just couldn't imagine a single person could be enough to cause such a huge machine like a train to crash, now I am much more against this method than I was before.

Last edited: