D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I know nothing about firearms. I have been planning to ctb by shotgun but am not sure which one to get. Please, help

• Love
Reactions: lonegore
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
sigh.. at close range 12 gauge with pellets should make a massive mess

R

RW__Asher23

Global Mod
Dec 11, 2022
.458 Winchester Magnum Popular with taking out Elephants. Should do the trick don't ya think? Peace.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
12 gauge.

Reactions: The Burning Fool and lifeisbutadream
D

dozer

May 28, 2023
There are other threads on this. I think the consensus was a 12 gauge with 00 buck or slugs. I'm looking at this method as a last resort and it is absolutely terrifying.

Reactions: The Burning Fool
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
12 gauge, anything more powerful is an overkill

Reactions: loterius
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
12 gauge, anything more powerful is an overkill
How to know whether the shotgun is short enough for me to reach the trigger while pointing? I know I can't measure it in the store or I will get sactioned real quick

Kall

Kall

Jul 7, 2023
The ones that shoot bullets (sorry it was too tempting)

avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
How to know whether the shotgun is short enough for me to reach the trigger while pointing? I know I can't measure it in the store or I will get sactioned real quick
The barrel length doesn't really have an effect on the lethality at a point blank range, the length only matters for long range accuracy.
So, just get one with the shortest possible barrel, that way you can reach the trigger for sure.
Like for example 'Mossberg 590 Shockwave', would be good.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
So, just get one with the shortest possible barrel, that way you can reach the trigger for sure.
Like for example 'Mossberg 590 Shockwave', would be good.
Careful though, if the Mossberg it doesn't comfortably fit in the mouth. Could be freaky to fire through your teeth. Remington 870 could be your friend

Might not look as friendly as the Mossberg, but that's what stickers are for. Some people even paint them beautifully

I have more thoughts here

You could look up the shotgun's specs online. You could also get a tape measure or tailor's measuring tape thingie, and at the store ask if you could measure it — because you'd like to see if such a small shotgun fits with your finicky gun mount