N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
When I was younger I thought Angela Merkel was my role model. Lol. Now I really dislike her. Her economic policies were heartless and I hate her stance on asssisted suicide. When I was younger I thought Immanuel Kant was my role model. Yeah I also changed my mind on him. I like his golden rule but I am just too naive in treating my enemies in such a nice way. I feel too naive. Moreover his stance on suicide is also not good in my consideration.

I compare myself a lot with David Foster Wallace but I am not sure whether the term role model is fitting. I can rather relate to his pain. I really admire how much he fighted against his desire to die. I think he also felt like he could not win the fight but he still tried his best. I can very much relate to those people. I think one should try to avoid committing suicide if possible. I like it when people try to fight against the odds. I try to see this as an admirable trait. Adam Maier Clayton also tried as much as possbile to avoid his suicide. These people still committed suicide. Though this is not the reason why I might consider them as role models. It is rather this valiant fight despite the feeling of existential hopelessness. I am in the same situation. I feel like my suicide is unavoidable but I feel like I have the obligation to do my best to avoid the worst. I feel very hopeless and desperate. But there is even a little source for energy in this feeling. In this notion I am already dead I don't have much to lose. Though this is not really a fully rational thought because it can always get worse.

Other admirable traits are for me for example puritanic work ethics. I am also very disciplined and I like ascetism sometimes. I like knowing huge amounts of technical terms another reason why I like DFW.

I try to be a role model. As I said fighting against the odds. In some way it is heroic to fight despite one is convinced one cannot win. I wish life would reward me for my struggle. But life is often not fair. I try to get my energy from metaphysical formulas/ ethical principles. Though I think I have done enough in case I hit rock bottom once again. I can't endure that life keeps spitting in my face. I don't want to blame me in case I am so cornered so that I ctb. I think I can't survive another severely depressive epsiode with extreme psychosomatic pain. I have reached my limits. I try my best to avoid the worst case. But I have the feeling my situation is so hopeless and I barely make progress to solve my core problems.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: GentleJerk, Wormfood and Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I've never had a role model, I don't know if that's because of my background and where I grew up, but everyone I knew kinda sucked, except for girls. I was a role model during the period I streamed, I guess, giving advice about random things when asked.

I also believe in never giving up, it's a competitive streak in me. You can't win unless you try. Also in honouring friendships, deals, pacts, promises, etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jonbonesjones and GentleJerk
S

Slimetae

SlimeentšŸŽ²
Apr 23, 2022
I don't have any role models and I tell people don't follow after me use to look up to people who made it out the hood bc I'm in a similar situation but quickly started doing my own thing .

Last edited:
Reactions: GentleJerk
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Most of my role models got "canceled" at some point with varying degrees of truth to the allegations against them. Just means I'm probably headed down that same path as well if I gain even the slightest amount of capital.

Reactions: GentleJerk
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Absolutely not. I am a garbage bag of testosterone and a neet. No one should ever aspire to be me.

Reactions: EternalSlumber
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
I look up to Marcus Aurelius. One day, perhaps I can achieve his level of Stoicism. As for me being a role model, sure? I can't really control if people look up to me like that, though I doubt anyone does; I'm pretty unremarkable. There are far worse people but also far better people to aspire to be.

• Love
Reactions: Jonbonesjones
Wormfood

Wormfood

I like people... I said it
May 23, 2022
Some people who I think are my role models: Brene brown, Najwa Zebian, Annexp, Lionel Luther from Smallville, Little finger from Game of thrones, Charles Manson, Edward Bernays, Ralph Waldo Emerson and also Ayn Rand.
I'd be a role model if it means doing whatever the hell I please and not being conforming to community standards. If it means living to please people then I have to hard pass on that one
.... Marquis de Sade is a role model as well....

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ It's necessary to add I'm a law abiding citizen but not a sheep.

D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
I greatly admire Tadashi Satomi, the writer of Megami Ibunroku Persona and the Persona 2 duology. His writing style greatly inspired me in my own writing. 'Tis a shame he wasn't (and still isn't) more appreciated for his work.

SantaTeresa

SantaTeresa

May 10, 2022
I look up to no one, it's completely futile.

Some people used to hold me as a standard, their ignorance made me uncomfortable, but later they started to discover how much sad and pathetic I am, and the fascination turned to disgust. Now, I tend to be aggressive, stay low, in a bad light, to keep people at bay and not recreate such situation.