N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Maybe this is not a good topic if one wants to avoid getting doxxed. This is why I stay vague.

I think I am paranoid about them. That they would watch me, but not exactly spying.

I think this is my special paranoia because I was exactly raised in this way. Especially my mom told me how much the neighbors would hate us. Despite the fact we did not know them. I cannot remember any situation when I said more than Hi to them. I think this contributed to the fact me and my sister developed psychosis. We were told as young children our environment is not secure. there are enemies everywhere and they all hate us. Moreover she always emphasized how important it is what they think about us. And that they would gossip about us. Despite the fact my mom is a person who just cannot stop to gossip about other people herself.

I think this really destroyed our trust in strangers. It was so unnessecary to fear monger about our neighbors. Who gives a shit what they think.
Though I am sometimes kind of shocked when I read in the newspaper that some neighbors control the garbage of their neighbors. Maybe that is an idiosyncrasy in my country but there is a saying. Germans love to denunciate their neighbors when they don't seperate their garbage properly. Yeah I love my fellow German citizens. Not because of the garbage thing. But because the vast majority is in favor of assisted suicide and rich people are unpopular. Yeah my German fellows are just as envious as me. Lol.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Maybe this is not a good topic if one wants to avoid getting doxxed. This is why I stay vague.

I think I am paranoid about them. That they would watch me, but not exactly spying.

I think this is my special paranoia because I was exactly raised in this way. Especially my mom told me how much the neighbors would hate us. Despite the fact we did not know them. I cannot remember any situation when I said more than Hi to them. I think this contributed to the fact me and my sister developed psychosis. We were told as young children our environment is not secure. there are enemies everywhere and they all hate us. Moreover she always emphasized how important it is what they think about us. And that they would gossip about us. Despite the fact my mom is a person who just cannot stop to gossip about other people herself.

I think this really destroyed our trust in strangers. It was so unnessecary to fear monger about our neighbors. Who gives a shit what they think.
Though I am sometimes kind of shocked when I read in the newspaper that some neighbors control the garbage of their neighbors. Maybe that is an idiosyncrasy in my country but there is a saying. Germans love to denunciate their neighbors when they don't seperate their garbage properly. Yeah I love my fellow German citizens. Not because of the garbage thing. But because the vast majority is in favor of assisted suicide and rich people are unpopular. Yeah my German fellows are just as envious as me. Lol.
My mom would do the same thing, talk about how evil and horrible our neighbours were and how they are watching us all the time and everything we do. Was bizzare to listen to that all the time, but I knew it was crazy talk (she's not really that stable which everyone is aware of) and me and my siblings never gave it any more attention than that. My current neighbours are pretty nice and I've helped them a few times with various things. Have overall had good connections and relations with most of my neighbours wherever I've lived as an adult alone. I'm really sorry to hear about how that might have effected you and your sibling though, I hope you are okey and that it may get better.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't really have any relation to them, I am only aware of their existence whenever I hear lawnmower sounds. I remember when I was much younger and the ones that used to live there often made a lot of noise, like I could hear loud voices which was really unpleasant. I have always hated other people's unwanted noise. Things like that have always made me feel even more suicidal.

• Hugs
Reactions: Un- and lionetta12
FrozenMango

FrozenMango

Hello from the other side
Aug 16, 2022
I like my neighbors but I don't have relationships with most of them. I am friendly with some of them because my dog and their dogs play together

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I have some terrible neighbours over the fence. They are the type of people you would be happy if they all just died in a fire. I know that sounds horrible but they really have made my life a misery. Your patience runs out when you have neighbours from hell.